Post awesome things you have been doing recently

irezumi

Hey folks, I know I haven't been posting much lately and a big part of that is because I've been in the studio for the last forever. Here's a sample of what we've been working on. Let me know how you feel about it! https://terribleterriblemusic.bandcamp.com/album/pulling-teeth

i actually really love your sound. kind of reminds me of the stoner music i used to like but better!

My Sifu (kung fu master) passed away 4 months ago. I had been his loyal disciple for 9 years. Before he passed he called me and my Sehing (kung fu big brother) to the hospital to give us his final teachings and instructions for continuing his legacy. So we have been running our kung fu school and it is amazing to see how supportive our students are of the new leadership, in fact we've seen great improvements and consistency with the class, now at 50 students.

As part of Sifu's last wishes, we have organized a return trip to the Shaolin Temple. Sifu had taken us a few years back and wanted us to maintain the connection to his roots at Shaolin in order to continue giving the serious students the opportunity to experience kung fu in China and train with the Shaolin monks.

In 6 weeks we leave and I will be leading a group of 12 on a 3 week trip to China to pay respects to the master and re-establish our connection with our extended kung fu family at Shaolin.

To say I'm pretty excited, well that's an understatement! I was planning on starting my backpiece this winter, however with my Sifu suddenly passing, new responsibilities at the kung fu school and planning the China trip I had to postpone. Which actually is quite alright. My backpiece is going to be Shaolin themed. So my eye is going to be tuned to the wonders of China and I no doubt will be re-inspired with the return to Shaolin!

amituofo

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150322232922222&l=a80b81a2f3

@bongsau I am sorry for your loss! Lovely that you are continuing tradition, and respected by the students as well. Congrats :).

Incidentally, I am going to Shanghai next month! Via Anchorage, actually, which means I might have to pay a visit to @Deb Yarian and get tattooed in nearby Eagle River, if my dates work out! We shall see. :)

So Anchorage --> Shanghai --> Anchorage --> San Francisco!

Any tattoo tips in Shanghai? Or cool tattoo-y things to check out? Cool stuff in general, if anyone knows anything!

only tattoo-related experience I had in China was 5 years ago when I accidentally found myself in Jimmy Ho's apartment studio (post coming soon). our group is in Shanghai at the very end of our trip. so if fate finds me near a random tattoo studio perhaps I will come home with a panda bear tattoo haha. so me too! tattoo tips in Shanghai?

- - - Updated - - -

@beez eh thank you. it's been rough but have made a lot of personal growth having to deal with the loss of a mentor and close friend. but hey, that's life. and life is fragile and temporary. the only thing permanent is the tattoos ;)

I went to Flask Mob on friday at Golden Gate Park. It's a monthly SF meeting/photo-walk for photographers and young creatives. Had a blast. It was raining on and off, but no one minded, and everyone I met was super nice. Got some photos for the zine that I'm working slowly but surely on. Ended up making a mini road trip at the end of the night, down to Santa Cruz. Good times.

Ran a vegetarian, mostly vegan, restaurant for 5 weeks with a friend of mine. We were the only people cooking and neither of us had any previous experience of working in a professional kitchen. Suddenly the owner decided we were not making enough money (having opened the place a mere 4 weeks before, come on?) and kicked us out. Instead he started to serve meat along with the vegetarian dishes and market the place as "Stockholms only flexitarian restaurant" (Flexitarian being a bogus, pointless term, google it) and now they are making even less money (another 5 weeks down the road).

I log on to their card-machine account every now and then to see that they are just losing out even more then when me and my friend did the cooking.

Strange story but a fun experience.

I did the proctor exam over the weekend and found out today I was awarded the CDA, Child Development Associate. I need it to continue working at the preschool. Now I will go on to my 2 year degree.

Also had the first all cast meeting for Les Mis Sunday....wow talk about feeling completely out of my element hahahaha! Well, maybe I'll find out that being on stage is something I really enjoy!

Just seeing this, so please congratulate Mike from this fan. When is he putting out a new cd?

Will do! He is planning on recording it some time this summer. If you follow him on Facebook (new band name is Moon Sugar), I think he posted some live recordings of a few new tunes that will be on the next album. He is also going to re-record Tarantula Dance for sure and maybe Skyward since the new keyboard player uses different synth sounds, which match how he originally intend the songs to sound. And I believe the live tracks have the new keyboard player on it. Really cool stuff! Thanks for your support!