Post awesome things you have been doing recently

irezumi

Been turning this...

[ATTACH]10510[/ATTACH]

Into this...

[ATTACH]10511[/ATTACH]

Some more refurbish to go before it's ship shape.

It's a banyal sword from Moro land in the Phillipines.

My grandpa braught a few of those home from the Philippines. My dad has one, and I think my uncle has the other one. Shits are sharp as fuck.

@MadeIndelible

Yeah, the steel on these rusts fast but the upside is it's very easy to sharpen well.

There are so many blade styles in the PA, very diverse and you get totally different looking things from The north v the south, different parts of the archipelago I guess.

This one is a pattern that would have been used by the Muslim tribes in Moro land. It's much lighter than it looks, very agile.

The wooden handles and blades are often carved in zoomorphic ways, makes them quite organic and beautiful looking.

@MadeIndelible

Yeah, the steel on these rusts fast but the upside is it's very easy to sharpen well.

There are so many blade styles in the PA, very diverse and you get totally different looking things from The north v the south, different parts of the archipelago I guess.

This one is a pattern that would have been used by the Muslim tribes in Moro land. It's much lighter than it looks, very agile.

The wooden handles and blades are often carved in zoomorphic ways, makes them quite organic and beautiful looking.

Very cool. I will try to get a photo of the ones my dad and uncle have.

IT may not be all that recent, but 5 months ago I pulled the plug on Facebook. Last month we finally ditched cable. Feels good. Very, very, good.

Nice! We ditched cable a few months ago and its great. I'm finding I read more and have more time for video games. We still have Netflix, but I don't use it more to compensate.

I also gave up Facebook about two months ago and its THE best decision I've ever made. I think you start focusing on what you truly want to fill your life with and stop worrying about how you will be perceived. I always knew I was an introvert, and enjoy spending quiet time at home > going out and adventuring, but now I'm more content and worry less about fitting my life into the Facebook mold.

@OutOfIdeas congrats, that's great!!!!

Saturday night I got to hang out with the wonderfully charming and badass miss @beez after she finished her apt with Junii at Diamond Club. 9 hours in two days! What a beast! Got tacos, coffee, walked around the Mission, talked tattoos and life. Really fun time. Sunday I tattooed @MadeIndelible after being interviewed for his zine project. That was a really interesting experience. I've never been interviewed before and I feel like I word vomit a lot, haha.

Anyway, I'm not trying to circle jerk here, but I really recommend anyone take up the opportunity to kick it with LSTers off the board. Every single one of you that I've met so far has been really awesome. Like genuine quality folks.

@cltattooing I would love to meet some of you! I am going to see OM on Wed night (April 16th) at the Great American MusicHall if any of you are going to be there. Or just to hang out in the gorgeous weather sometime, that could be fun too.

Jasmin

@cltattooing I would love to meet some of you! I am going to see OM on Wed night (April 16th) at the Great American MusicHall if any of you are going to be there. Or just to hang out in the gorgeous weather sometime, that could be fun too.

Jasmin

I'm going to be working that night so unfortunately no dice for OM although they would be amazing to see. I also love the GAMH, ridiculously cool venue.

But yes, that would be grand! Coffee perhaps? I'll PM you my number.

Jasmin

Looks like tickets are still available for Om, so I just might try to get to the show after getting tattooed by @cltattooing . If not, I'm always down to go to SF and hang out. Will also PM you.

We put our old house up for sale and got a full price offer 2 days later. I gave birth back in December to my fourth and last baby and now he's a drooling, giggling, teething monster who's fantastic. My husbands dad and step-mom are coming into town the first month of May and it'll be the first time they've ever met. I predict lots of tears.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Got the new kitten, dyed my hair white, went glamping for 3 nights, and turned 45. Still have a couple more days left of spring break... YAY!

Wait! What? Hold on, 45? No I distinctly remember meeting you and @DJDeepFried at the Perseverance exhibit and you both were in your very early 30's, mid-30's on a bad day, at most. I'm not calling you a liar, but well yeah, I don't believe that at all.

Happy Birthday!

- - - Updated - - -

Finally bought a skateboard after years of wanting to do it but feeling like I was too old to start skating again.

At worst, get the board graphic tattooed on you. It's pretty cool.

Wait! What? Hold on, 45? No I distinctly remember meeting you and @DJDeepFried at the Perseverance exhibit and you both were in your very early 30's, mid-30's on a bad day, at most. I'm not calling you a liar, but well yeah, I don't believe that at all.

Happy Birthday!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm very immature. I think maybe it helps me appear younger. ;) And thank you, you are kind!!!!!