Post awesome things you have been doing recently

irezumi

Got the new kitten' date=' dyed my hair white, went glamping for 3 nights, and turned 45. Still have a couple more days left of spring break... YAY![/quote']

Happy bday!! I just celebrated one myself. I *love* that you went 'glamping'....super rad. Spring break WOOO!

Had our first official play rehearsal..not being able to read music is a bit of a hindrance hahahaha! Luckily my lead teacher at work is in it and her husband is the director so she's going to help me figure things out. I thought being in the chorus meant I'd just be standing there singing-cuz that's what we did in 7th grade chorus. um...sooowwaaa yeahno. Movement. And singing at the same time-and I'm one of the prostitutes, so I will have to be cozying up to the sailors..and doing this all whilst not laughing at the absurdity of myself on stage. The rest of the cast is completely amazing, vocally, so the dying wildebeest on stage will not be noticed.

Aaaand I had a second opinion on my iffy first ever mammogram and ultrasound, didn't get the 100% all clear, but got as close to that as it can be, so that took a huge load off our minds!

And I totally want to see your hair, Trixie!

Happy birthday to you, too @beez!

The glampsite can be seen here: http://www.elcapitancanyon.com/

Perfect for those of us who love nature...but are not necessarily the outdoorsy type.

That sounds like a better way to camp. The last time my friends went camping, I drove back to town each night and stayed in a hotel. Sleeping on rocks with rowdy fellow campers was never really my thing. Cheers to those who enjoy real camping - this seems more my speed.

That sounds like a better way to camp. The last time my friends went camping, I drove back to town each night and stayed in a hotel. Sleeping on rocks with rowdy fellow campers was never really my thing. Cheers to those who enjoy real camping - this seems more my speed.

Same here! Back in my drinking days, I didn't care about such things, but now a comfortable bed is highly preferable to a sleeping bag on the ground.

One crazy thing that happened though, is we had a mountain lion growl/roar at us on our way back to our tent from the bathroom the last night there. It was scary!!!! We grouped together with another family who were also walking back and had heard it, too. We didn't see him because it was really dark but we all heard the roar, and it sounded really close. We had seen signs around that one had been spotted by campers. Now, if I go back there, I think I will opt for a cabin instead of a tent because the cabins have bathrooms and I won't have to walk outside much after dark.

- - - Updated - - -

Had our first official play rehearsal..not being able to read music is a bit of a hindrance hahahaha! Luckily my lead teacher at work is in it and her husband is the director so she's going to help me figure things out. I thought being in the chorus meant I'd just be standing there singing-cuz that's what we did in 7th grade chorus. um...sooowwaaa yeahno. Movement. And singing at the same time-and I'm one of the prostitutes, so I will have to be cozying up to the sailors..and doing this all whilst not laughing at the absurdity of myself on stage. The rest of the cast is completely amazing, vocally, so the dying wildebeest on stage will not be noticed.

Aaaand I had a second opinion on my iffy first ever mammogram and ultrasound, didn't get the 100% all clear, but got as close to that as it can be, so that took a huge load off our minds!

And I totally want to see your hair, Trixie!

It's good to go outside your comfort zone, good for you, and I'm sure you wouldn't have gotten the part if you sounded like a wildebeest! Sounds like a big relief on the 2nd opinion, phew.

My hair...this pic is from our camping trip so I'm all hippied out -- no makeup ;) (And that is, of course, my handsome @DJDeepFried grinning by my side.)

Happy Birthday @beez! How'd you celebrate? I ask because I swear I read somewhere you were in SF recently but have seen no photo posts (Hint! Hint!).

Thanks, Lance!

I didn't do anything *too* exciting...thought about scheduling a tattoo, but I'm booked with Junii next week, so I figured I'd save my money for that! (and maybe get another tattoo while I'm in SF...) I'll be in SF next week. I'm booked on the 23rd & 24th...pics forthcoming! We are connecting the waterfall down my leg, adding color to the kingyo, and doing some rock work, I believe.

I've got a weird spot on my upper inner arm that is blank and bugging the hell out of me...I'm thinking some sort of skull/dagger/snake joint to fill the large, weird spot (bc i's driving me craaaazyyy). I've seen some work from Christopher Ayalin at Liberty Tattoo in Seattle that is giving me the itch...(like I didn't have it already?)

@beez, I'm really curious to see it all coming together with the flowers, fish, water, shishi, then you're adding a snake collaboration from Junii & Shad too right?

I miss getting a new tattoo. Have fun!

Yep, Snake & Hannya collab from Junii and Shad. I am also curious to see how it all comes together!! Junii has some kind of inspiration the night before almost every time I come in, so even when I think I know what we're doing next, it is usually bigger and badder than our original plan. I'm cool with it! ;) (I obviously trust her a LOT).

I'm kinda waiting til we start on the snake and hannya before I do anything too big anywhere else...but I've got a whole other leg I want to attack...ahh!!!