Post awesome things you have been doing recently

irezumi

I actually rode a non-shaft '78 version of one of these all over the U.S. East Coast back in the day.

cool ! I've always liked the older KZ's,I had a chain version of this one years ago,it was a 80 KZ1000 MKII,loved it,went through a KZ550 & GPZ 750 before that one,then a couple harley's. now it's cool getting back to my roots on a KZ !

That's bad ass!! Post sine progress pics when you can! Seriously considering selling my CBR to build a newer style cafe bike!

yep ! looking forward to tinkering & wrenching again.I will post pics :)

cool ! I've always liked the older KZ's' date='I had a chain version of this one years ago,it was a 80 KZ1000 MKII,loved it,went through a KZ550 & GPZ 750 before that one,then a couple harley's. now it's cool getting back to my roots on a KZ ! yep ! looking forward to tinkering & wrenching again.I will post pics :)[/quote']

I grew up around all the older bikes, my pops had a Kaw dealership in the late 70's early 80's and drag raced and road raced these bikes, my uncle still does race and has one of pops old bikes.

Cool stuff, I look forward to seeing your project man!

Just pulled the trigger on flights to Tokyo in September. The wife and kid are coming along this time and we'll make a bit of a family holiday out of it.

I'm going to get two days in with Tomo at Yellow Blaze to chip away at some more of my front piece.

Then, bar an unforseen change, another day on it at the London Tattoo Convention, which will be interesting. Not my ideal place to get work like that done, but I'll take any opportunity I get to make headway on it.

I don't think three more days will finish it, which is kind of a relief, because then my wife would tell me I have to take a break from going to Japan for a while.

I just watched the Bourdain Parts Unknown: Tokyo episode and it blew my mind and really really really made me what to visit there some day. I've never been to Asia (besides like, a day in Turkey) and I can only imagine what that experience must be like.

We have a vacation booked to Zion and Bryce and some other places in Utah for June with a couple friends of ours. This is my first camping trip/hiking trip/outdoor adventures, gotta be one with nature trip. Will probably be just as confused as if we were going to Tokyo.

Hiking / outdoorsy stuff would probably be my wife's first choice of a holiday... I'm more the "find a craft beer bar and visit every second hand bookshop in the city" type.

We've done some good eating in Tokyo previously, but it will be harder this time with the baby. You feel like a bit of a loud gaijin at the best of times, bringing a baby along could be a step too far for some places I imagine.

Definitely going to go back to Tsukiji fish market for early morning sushi but the fine dinning options, such as they were, money permitting, are probably curtailed.

We went out to eat tonight and someone paid for our meal. My husband had seen a woman in there earlier who had had a house fire last year and he was the responding officer. Everyone was sleeping and he managed to get them out. We're guessing that's who it was. Such a nice gesture-usually he has to hem and haw about where to eat in town so nobody spits in it.

We went out to eat tonight and someone paid for our meal. My husband had seen a woman in there earlier who had had a house fire last year and he was the responding officer. Everyone was sleeping and he managed to get them out. We're guessing that's who it was. Such a nice gesture-usually he has to hem and haw about where to eat in town so nobody spits in it.

That's awesome. Feel-good hit of the year right there.

Don't get to get out much...but i between work and classes i have been playing the shit out of my PS3, having a beer or two on the patio before the weather turns hellish, and giving my wonderful little son a bunch of snuggles and hugs.

That's awesome. Feel-good hit of the year right there.

You should've seen my husband's face-he was so touched, and he's a scowly grrrrr kinda guy, to see that look was really something. He went on duty tonight in such a good mood!

I found her on FB and messaged her to see, and it was her.

Getting the keys to our house on Friday. 2.5 acres for our kids to run around in.

Also had the pleasure of speaking with Marcus Kuhn today about a piece. He was super-chill and I hope to see him in the next few months.

My dragon sleeve is almost completely done minus some finishing details on the leaves.

The wife is getting another promotion here soon....

If my dad and siblings weren't losing their marbles I might be concerned about how well things are going :)

JD and I get our next tattoos on the 18th and that's coming up faaaast so am super 'cited about that. We are starting a small business from home for hopefully a bit of extra cash flow, and his shop is almost done. Then onto the kitchen remodel. We also are into landscaping and thrilled that it's getting nice out finally so we can work in the yard and maybe have a little spare time to redo some of the beds. Next summer comes the big job of tearing out the entire front yard to turn it into a flower garden. Have also been added to a few more scenes in the play which is exciting but also freaking the shit out of me.