Post awesome things you have been doing recently

irezumi

I donated my hair to Pantene Beautiful Lengths which makes wigs for people who have lost their hair due to cancer treatments. I still have some left though unlike my partner who went bald!

My son was about 16 and had real long black hair... one day he calls me and says he decided to go for a mohawk haircut. My wife went with him and they had a flyer on the wall about Locks of Love and he donated his hair. They banded it up, chopped it off in one shot. That was nice of him and anyone else who does this for others.

Rob

it is amazing how much adult life = alcohol

tough day at work = beer

sunny day in the backyard = beer

playoff hockey = beer

family cookout = beer

new tattoo = beer

i'm thirsty = beer

You forgot to mention the cider, rum & wine.

Sunday morning breakfast ciders while prepping to have some ink drilled is a bit of a weekly ritual now :)

I turned down an invite to Vegas, because I am taking a month off of work to go to an outpatient rehab for a helluva coke habit. I haven't mentioned anything about it on here, because I didn't want to bring something like that to a proper tattoo discussion, and it wasn't really needed. But, now that I am actually having good thoughts and actions towards getting help, I feel it's okay to say something to the rad people of LST who have shown me so much love and support in my tattoo endeavours. I'm definitely struggling, and I really am in deep with it all, but I have my older sister who is my best friend supporting me in all this, and I think it's going to stick. I know of one other LSTer who no longer posts who went through some similar stuff, and his example has crossed my mind more than once over the past couple of months. Posting here helps me, because I am an introvert, and actually putting myself out there convinces me more than it convinces others that I am actually doing something positive.

I went to the bar tonight to talk to someone who helped me with my resume a while back, and he is putting me in contact with a rather elusive tattooer for my magazine. At a time like this in my life, I am glad that tattooing exists to help me feel like I am still worth something more than having this cocaine addiction.

Bought my ticket to Lee Fields at The Fillmore next month since @CultExciter was so kind as to post his music.

Ordered the catalog for Perseverance, after some long weeks of spending way too much money on non-tattoo things.

That's my awesome struggle update.

Good luck with the rehab Myles. Nothing worse than having that monkey on your back man. As negative as it is, it's part of a journey, and one you'll build incredible internal strength from when you make it through.

Respect.

Many thanks for the support, Mick. I have had to really try to conceptualize the idea of softening my ego, and I am completely lost, so this is something that I have been told will help.

I bet that was hard to write, but thanks for sharing that and trusting people here with that. Good luck @MadeIndelible - don't forget during the tough times the fortitude it took to get yourself to this decision. It's a huge step to a journey that's more than just getting off the stuff, but getting yourself back.

Best of luck with your recovery @MadeIndelible. I know every one on here, myself included, enjoys having you around, so go kick the habit and we will all look forward to your return! If there is any advice I can give its to always remember to take it one day at a time. Also AA/NA can work wonders if you're ready for it when you leave rehab. If you go that route, I promise you'll meet some really rad people who can support your sobriety for years to come.

@MadeIndelible Awesome to hear you are doing something about that problem. Remember that many of us here have gone through similar struggles and have come out the other side all the better for the experience. There was a lot that i missed out on while wallowing in my addictions but I would not really change any of it because, as hard as it was to come out of, that is what made me who I am and gave me the perspective I have. I also learned a lot about humility, pride, and how to ask others for help and none of that was easy or came naturally to me. It does get better if you stick with it.

One of the awesome things I did recently was to go to a live performance of Welcome To Nightvale with my wife and daughter (15). That was a lot of fun.

@MadeIndelible good luck with the outpatient treatment...Going to meetings will definitely help..I went to rehab when I was 23,but when I got out I isolated for years,and used again.I was listening to the radio yesterday,and they were talking about Parents calling the cops on their kids,and this guy said he did because his son was getting high,and stealing from them.The guy said their sending the kid to rehab in CA,and that the place gives this treatment called Ibogaine,and that supposed to help with the cravings of addiction.This might be the place he was talking about...

Ibogaine: An Emerging Therapeutic Treatment

Wow, maybe we should have a separate thread for those of us who abstain from intoxicants... It could counterbalance the "posting while inebriated" thread!

Also, if AA/NA doesn't do it for you, there are Buddhist groups and recovery options that are pretty rad.

I quit drinking several years ago. What seemed hard at first is now just a way of life...and a great way of life, at that. Not boring, not humorless, as I once feared. Wishing you strength and peace @MadeIndelible.

quit drinking several years ago. What seemed hard at first is now just a way of life...and a great way of life, at that. Not boring, not humorless, as I once feared. Wishing you strength and peace.

Same here! I did have one drink in the last year but it was a very special occasion. It was feuerzangenbowle night and there was a group feeling of Gemütlichkeit.

@MadeIndelible You're taking the right steps man. Good luck. Just hold yourself fully accountable, and you will promote yourself to a standard that you deserve.

I personally have wanted to give up booze completely several times in my life. Possibly it has to to do with the regret I feel towards my True Til 21 days. No time like the present.

Best wishes Myles, you can get on top of it. Coke is one of the worst substances on earth.

Personally with my wife being quite ill, I haven't had a drink myself since she came home from the hospital last week. I have a prescription for pain medication which I'm doing well by not abusing it, I take it as directed. I'll eventually have to be professionally detoxed at some point in time.

Rob

The response on here is amazing. I don't know what to say. Thanks, everyone. Also, I don't think it would be a bad idea to make a recovery thread. I just made my assessment appointment for Friday. Looks like there's a 2-4 week 6 day/week program. It's an outpatient program, which is nice. Then there's a continued 12 week long program that they give based on results in the former.

This is there website (the website is a bit outdated according to the guy I talked to on the phone): The Sequoia Center

@Breakme

@SeaSea @Zillah @Mark Bee @HaydenRose @Boiled Dove @TrixieFaux @irezumi @CultExciter @Colored Guy