Post awesome things you have been doing recently

irezumi

It's been a couple weeks now, but I recently got a promotion at work (for a 6mo. contract). First time in 17 years that I won't be working shifts, or nights. Not that I ever really minded, actually, but working night shifts isn't actually very good for your health.

Last week my wife and I celebrated 15 years of marriage.

But even more exciting than either of those....

My oldest son has autism, and we've tried for years to teach him how to ride a bicycle. Of late we had kind of given up, because he's much too big for training wheels, and he refused to ride an adult tricycle. We enrolled him in a week long bike riding camp for kids with disabilities, and it was last week. It was an hour drive every day (plus the wait at the border as it was in Clarence, NY) but it was totally worth it. He can now ride a two wheel bike, all we need to do is keep him practicing and work on his starts. I've posted two videos on my instagram (@shaunsomers), one that I took on day one, and one that I took on day 5; those were the only days I was able to go. Actually I called in sick to work on Friday because I just had to be there!

It's been a couple weeks now, but I recently got a promotion at work (for a 6mo. contract). First time in 17 years that I won't be working shifts, or nights. Not that I ever really minded, actually, but working night shifts isn't actually very good for your health.

Last week my wife and I celebrated 15 years of marriage.

But even more exciting than either of those....

My oldest son has autism, and we've tried for years to teach him how to ride a bicycle. Of late we had kind of given up, because he's much too big for training wheels, and he refused to ride an adult tricycle. We enrolled him in a week long bike riding camp for disabled kids, and it was last week. It was an hour drive every day (plus the wait at the border as it was in Clarence, NY) but it was totally worth it. He can now ride a two wheel bike, all we need to do is keep him practicing and work on his starts. I've posted two videos on my instagram (@shaunsomers), one that I took on day one, and one that I took on day 5; those were the only days I was able to go. Actually I called in sick to work on Friday because I just had to be there!

Excellent news indeed!

Making a delivery in the outskirts of Chicago tomorrow, but I got here around noon, so now I'm waiting on a train to take me into the city, so I can go check out Chicago Tattoo Company. I can't try a walk in as I've already got an appointment in a few weeks, but hopefully I'll pick up a shirt and see some rad old flash. Should be fun!

You should totally buy a print and a shirt from Casey O, he's a great dude and a brilliant artist.

@Shaun1105 Congrats on all of those things!!!

Also I haven't announced it on LST or anything, but I moved shops about 6 weeks ago. Instead of working upstairs from a bar, I now work a few blocks from my house in one of the older shops in town, and among brilliant and passionate artists. Like... we have barbeque's and shit, it's great!! Couldn't ask for a more fun and inspiring work environment.

Also I haven't announced it on LST or anything, but I moved shops about 6 weeks ago. Instead of working upstairs from a bar, I now work a few blocks from my house in one of the older shops in town, and among brilliant and passionate artists. Like... we have barbeque's and shit, it's great!! Couldn't ask for a more fun and inspiring work environment.

Congrats. They're lucky to have you.

Well.. I had planned to get my elbow tattooed but got an awesome deal on a donor bike to replace my the engine in my bike that's been sitting. Over July 4th I did the swap and have been ridding every chance I get..

post-6005-146168870316_thumb.jpg

post-6005-146168870322_thumb.jpg

Already squirreling away more cash to get tattooed, until then it's motorcycle time!

We turned part of our attached front garage into a shop for my husband's animal trapping business, the rest is going to be a kitchen expansion. Not gonna get rich off it but will be nice to have a little extra coming in.

If anyone is interested in landscaping, we think our yard is pretty awesome! https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10202913527934120.1073741835.1080491738&type=1&l=b84e3bfd3d

Well.. I had planned to get my elbow tattooed but got an awesome deal on a donor bike to replace my the engine in my bike that's been sitting. Over July 4th I did the swap and have been ridding every chance I get..

Already squirreling away more cash to get tattooed, until then it's motorcycle time!

You meet the FASTEST people on a Honda!

Howdo all, been away a while just thought I'd share what I've been upto lately, would really appreciate some feedback.

Instagram

Nice! Were you ever on the D*A*M forum? I used to have a number of nice fuzz's years ago.. D*A*M Meathead, Creepyfingers Creepyface, MKII Tonebender, Shin-Ei companion fuzz-wah.. And quite a few others.. I sold them when I started getting tattooed :rolleyes:

Nice! Were you ever on the D*A*M forum? I used to have a number of nice fuzz's years ago.. D*A*M Meathead, Creepyfingers Creepyface, MKII Tonebender, Shin-Ei companion fuzz-wah.. And quite a few others.. I sold them when I started getting tattooed :rolleyes:

Haha I didn't have a clue man so I googled, it does look like a guitar stomp box thing but it's not, it's a footswitch for tattooing and the cables to go with it, I needed new so I made one. Cheers none the less haha

Ello everyone! I am back (well sort of). Been enjoying browsing through the LTL thread. *high fives to all* A friend and I may be going to the Montreal Convention, but nothing for sure yet, so hopefully I can meet some LSTers and *fingers crossed* get tattooed?!

Yeah, so... moved back to VT and slowly settling in. Starting a new job next week and very excited as it will give me more clinical mental health experience and all the people who work there are super cool. Also pretty proud of myself for landing a FT w/ benefits job in less than a month since moving here, and a better one at that. Feels really good.

Trying to move on relationship-wise, don't see the point in "appropriately?" mourning the break-up... so I have a potential date! Also reconnecting with old friends and making new ones, which has been a blast. And seeing my family everyday is a joy like none other.

And its very clear how much happier my puppy is here instead of in the city. She's a runner and definitely prefers to be off-leash :)

Not sure how often I'll be contributing on here, but just wanted to let y'all know I'm not dead... yet! And keep on getting rad tattoos, you all rule and thanks for the support.

Ello everyone! I am back (well sort of). Been enjoying browsing through the LTL thread. *high fives to all* A friend and I may be going to the Montreal Convention, but nothing for sure yet, so hopefully I can meet some LSTers and *fingers crossed* get tattooed?!

Yeah, so... moved back to VT and slowly settling in. Starting a new job next week and very excited as it will give me more clinical mental health experience and all the people who work there are super cool. Also pretty proud of myself for landing a FT w/ benefits job in less than a month since moving here, and a better one at that. Feels really good.

Trying to move on relationship-wise, don't see the point in "appropriately?" mourning the break-up... so I have a potential date! Also reconnecting with old friends and making new ones, which has been a blast. And seeing my family everyday is a joy like none other.

And its very clear how much happier my puppy is here instead of in the city. She's a runner and definitely prefers to be off-leash :)

Not sure how often I'll be contributing on here, but just wanted to let y'all know I'm not dead... yet! And keep on getting rad tattoos, you all rule and thanks for the support.

Good for you, I knew it would turn around for the better.