Post awesome things you have been doing recently

irezumi

I have stopped drinking alcohol while I'm working 6 day weeks and am amazed at the difference I'm feeling after only 3 weeks. My head is so clear and focused, my anxiety has pretty much taken a back seat and I'm making great gains at the gym. Really excited to see where this takes me.

Congratulations!

Just got word one of the boys is returning home to Australia after over 12 months in Canada.

Viewing a beautiful 2013 Road King for him this Sunday, and if this motorcycle is good as it reads and looks in the pictures, we'll have the brother stepping off the plane, straight back onto two wheels and riding again in 3 weeks on a welcome home 2 day run.

Sandy beaches, open fires & away from the city lights..again.

Happy days.

I started volunteering for a wild bird rescue center. It's literally a crappy job, but I love being around and interacting with the birds. Usually they are baby birds that fall out of nests, or birds that were injured by cats/dogs/cars. I get to clean cages, floors, aviaries as well as prepare food and maintain the facilities. Occasionally they'll have me help with the feeding and care of the birds.

So far my favorites have been the hummingbirds. They'll buzz around your head because they're just naturally curious and not too fearful of humans. I also get to work with swallows, ducks, sparrows, finches, pigeons, doves, and quail.

I do this for 4 hours per week and it's been very rewarding despite having to constantly clean up bird poop.

I started volunteering for a wild bird rescue center. It's literally a crappy job, but I love being around and interacting with the birds. Usually they are baby birds that fall out of nests, or birds that were injured by cats/dogs/cars. I get to clean cages, floors, aviaries as well as prepare food and maintain the facilities. Occasionally they'll have me help with the feeding and care of the birds.

So far my favorites have been the hummingbirds. They'll buzz around your head because they're just naturally curious and not too fearful of humans. I also get to work with swallows, ducks, sparrows, finches, pigeons, doves, and quail.

I do this for 4 hours per week and it's been very rewarding despite having to constantly clean up bird poop.

that's probably the best one yet ! good thing to do brook,

I have a thing for birds too :)

Got back home yesterday after a week long kid's camp. My oldest son attends and so for the last 5 years I've volunteered so I'm there to support him if he needs it. I am pretty tired and I have very little voice left, but I have no regrets.

On a (very slightly) less awesome note, I wore long pants all week in case any of the children were frightened of panthers; and to avoid offending any of my fellow volunteers (it's a christian camp).

Got back home yesterday after a week long kid's camp. My oldest son attends and so for the last 5 years I've volunteered so I'm there to support him if he needs it. I am pretty tired and I have very little voice left, but I have no regrets.

On a (very slightly) less awesome note, I wore long pants all week in case any of the children were frightened of panthers; and to avoid offending any of my fellow volunteers (it's a christian camp).

that panther is awesome and probably the kids (being kids) woulda said whoah! cool!

but i respect your reasons for covering - i work in a primary school and i stay covered (long pants on field day!) for a few different reasons - most importantly keeping said job :)

edit: and glad you had a good time at the camp - i have a 12,9,7 and the grow quick - we gotta take what we can get while they can stand being around us!

having the best summer in a long time traveling around germany with awesome company. Will travel around here till the weekend and then I hitchhike back north to sweden to hang out with @Johannes again. Never would have thought that someone started talking to on this forum will turn out to be one of the best friends i ever had. LST is truly something special

having the best summer in a long time traveling around germany with awesome company. Will travel around here till the weekend and then I hitchhike back north to sweden to hang out with @Johannes again. Never would have thought that someone started talking to on this forum will turn out to be one of the best friends i ever had. LST is truly something special

I can't like stuff on my phone, but this whole post is really rad

So, this week I turn Social Security eligible, plan to take a nice ride Thursday to celebrate (weather is supposed to be great!), also plan to visit the Knoxville Tattoo Convention Friday (I know it will be small-time compared to many, but it will be my first, and I love to people-watch). Saturday the plans are to ride with my hottie to Nobody's Bar and Grill in Murfreesboro (about 150 miles) for BBQ with a bunch of GoldWingers from all around Tennessee. The first three weekdays we have classes, but it is a fun one to teach. Kind of shaping up to be an awesome week!

In order to shake things up at home my wife and I have started playing board games. They are providing a nice change from watching tv or playing on the ps4. So far we've been playing Ticket to Ride, Eldritch Horror, Forbidden Desert, and Letters from Whitechapel. I'm always interested in sugesstions...

Maybe I'm setting the threshold a little low for "awesome," but whatever - its fun.

In order to shake things up at home my wife and I have started playing board games. They are providing a nice change from watching tv or playing on the ps4. So far we've been playing Ticket to Ride, Eldritch Horror, Forbidden Desert, and Letters from Whitechapel. I'm always interested in sugesstions...

Maybe I'm setting the threshold a little low for "awesome," but whatever - its fun.

I recommend Dixit

This is really not awesome but I hurt my foot skateboarding like 4 months ago and haven't given it enough time to heal. Every time I skate I can do it for tops 2 hours and then it hurts really bad the next 2-3 days and then I can do it again after a week. I really think the foot needs time to heal so this is no good. I decided to lay of skating for a while.

Skateboarding has been a great joy and outlet for the past 12 years, kept me sane through many heartaches and stressful chapters of my life. But I will not let this get me down. To keep busy I registered for a beginners class in yoga (something I've been interested to try for years) and will also start swimming regularly in the mornings at a indoor pool close to where I live. If my foot holds of decently I also intend to get down with bouldering which seems super fun.

diversity in your activities is key - especially when you deal with injuries or naggers

i run, bike, paddleboard, longboard skateboard, hike, weights, etc - love to try new stuff outdoors

skateboarding is def tough - i just picked it up a year ago and have some mean falls

@43 -slamming asphalt suuuuuuuuucks

heal up and enjoy some new stuff