Post awesome things you have been doing recently

irezumi

@marley mission

Yeah I have a lot of energy this time of year so I need to channel it somewhere! It's also fun to try something new.

Respect for picking up skateboarding at a later age! You will hurt yourself a lot in the beginning but hang in there, after a while it's more comfortable and less frustrating. And the rewards are great… so much fun!

This probably isn't awesome to some people, but I de-activated my facebook account on the weekend. I just couldn't take all the nasty comments from people on so many posts and articles. The vile hatred that some people spew is astounding. It was so negative and really affecting my outlook on life and humanity.

I still have my IG account, but am staying away from reading people's comments when it looks like there is a shitfight going on.

Ya just need to do a culling from time to time.

My FB has NO work colleagues, no people I have just met the night before, no friend of a friend request & no family members.

It's kept solely for a close knit group of people to communicate and organise stuff.

Bullshit postings & a shooting the mouth off gets an instant delete or block.

Hence, I don't have 1500 "friends".

That shit's haaaaaaard @misterJ

I played hockey as well, mostly defense. We had a few practices where we would suit up two complete newbie goalies and mess around. I was terrible. My good friend and I did reenact the historic Avs v. Red wings goalie fight center ice, only slightly less violently. Brawling in all those pads is also very difficult.

Procrastinating, drinking wine and reading through the past few weeks of this thread is the most recent awesome thing I've done ;)

I'm coming off a fabulous weekend of playing music with good friends on a little road trip to Quebec. Our second stop was Donnacona, QC. Nice little town with an awesome blues festival. We played there last year on the main stage but, this year we were booked in a club for a late show. When we arrived, we found out that, with our consent (we consented like motherfuckers lol), we were being filmed for television by TVA, which is a national French language channel in Canada. It went really well and is set to be broadcast nationally in October. We lucked out. They had intended to film the outdoor stage but, decided on an indoor venue due to rain. The promoter recommended that they film us. Very sweet deal.

As an aside, the only other time that I've posted in this thread was around this time last year after a trip to Quebec with the same band. Playing in Quebec just plain rules. Last year I was blessed to have a brief but lovely meeting with one of my idols, Johnny Winter. That is one of the most awesome things that has ever happened to me.

@guitguy. You play blues? I faaarkin love blues. Have you got a link to your music or have a digital release I can check out man?

Hey @Mick Weder, thanks for asking. Yeah, I play blues and things closely related. It's fun;)

This band is a cool mash up of blues/60s soul/gospel/new orleans funk.....whatever....fuck labels.....it's cool.

The band's official site is here Jon Knight and Soulstack

If you care to, search Youtube for "Jon Knight and Soulstack" or just "Soulstack". There's a good bunch of vids. Cheers !

I have a 2nd cousin coming from Italy in a couple weeks. From penpalling with a different Italian cousin 20 years ago, I was given the impression my Italian family is rather conservative. My friends have joked I should take her to get a tattoo to shock the family. Well, turns out, she actually wants to get one while she's here! My grandfather has been rather vocal about mine, and she's staying with him, so I'm sure he'll be pissed, but I don't care, I'm too excited to take a newb for their first piece. I'm thinking of taking her to either The Okey Doke or the Pearl Harbor Gift shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey @Mick Weder, thanks for asking. Yeah, I play blues and things closely related. It's fun;)

This band is a cool mash up of blues/60s soul/gospel/new orleans funk.....whatever....fuck labels.....it's cool.

The band's official site is here Jon Knight and Soulstack

If you care to, search Youtube for "Jon Knight and Soulstack" or just "Soulstack". There's a good bunch of vids. Cheers !

Excellent stuff. I'd pay to see you guys.

As a bonafide New Orleanian, you guys would fit in perfectly down here.

same classification as Eric Lindell or JJ Grey.

In no particular order this weekend - taking my boat out for a day of sun and fun on Lake Winnipesaukee, going to a Steely Dan concert, going for a ride on my Harley, hiking with the sheep dogs, making zucchini, carrot, parsnip burgers, drinking iced Stoli, watching my tattoo heal, coming up with ideas for a sleeve on my left arm.

Just missed running down a school kid who stepped out in front of me by a faaarkin inch! That's awesome, otherwise I woulda been posting in the shit thread.

Cold beers, choice tunes and easy company tonight is on the cards. Sweet

I missed running over a car by inches today, in my semi truck. Had just changed lanes to catch an exit, and didn't have time to increase my following distance when he slammed on his brakes. I stood on the brakes, avoided the collision. Unfortunately the kegs of beer that were stacked in my trailer are no longer neatly stacked... not sure how that's gonna play out. In my defense, they weren't properly loaded in the first place, and as they were in the front of the trailer I couldn't see that. Still, I might catch the blame.

But, I still didn't run dude over, so im calling it a positive.

I don't know if this is awesome or shitty or not but... this morning I get up, get ready for work, then decide to bleach the rubber bath mat that's discolored. So, in a cup of bleach goes into the tub with some water to cover. Next thing I know, one of the cats has his front paws IN THE TUB WITH BLEACH-Y WATER, sees me then starts to run away. I had to catch him, wipe his paws down (and everywhere he walked, thankfully hard surfaces), then hold him over the bathroom sink and rinse his paws off. He's the squirmiest cat I've ever known, so it was interesting. I decide that the cat's paws need a second cleaning after seeing him lick one, then run to the water dish and drink, and drink, and drink, and drink. So, in his paws go again into a bunch of water. It was a fun morning... Cat's fine, no problems, still alive, all that good stuff. You can't make this stuff up. Here's to hoping this weekend is actually relaxing.