Post awesome things you have been doing recently

irezumi

Fuck yeah @Mick Weder you gotta put up pics if you get it.

Maaaate. I've had a very lucky day. Jumped on the Harley this morning risking life & limb to crunch it across the other side of town in crazy peek traffic to look at this Tiger.

Apart from nearly getting T Boned from an impatient bastard running a red, I made it.

Jumped off the Dyna, took a deep breath in, rolled a smoke and took 3 minutes to collect my thoughts.

The bike was inside, and as soon as I seen her, I was in love.

I gently ran my fingers across the guards & tank..lay on the ground & had a little look at her under carriage, ran my hands across her seat..straddled her, and put the kick stand up.

I turned her on, & kicked her into life, 1st kick...and as that single carb model sat purring like a kitten not missing a beat...I didn't even need to take her around the block.

I kicked her down to first, then turned her off. Old mate just starred at me and I starred right back with either of us saying a word for a minute. Then all of a sudden, we both flickered a smile & I just nodded my head.

I turned to the bike and thought for a minute, then turned back to old mate & offered him a price $1000 under what he was asking. He said yes, I asked with a new battery, tyres & 12 months rego. He said...battery & tyres yes, you sort the rego. I leant across & as a sign of good will handed over a thousand deposit & the deal was done.

A 1978 Triumph Tiger with 4600 miles on her. A 35 year old brand new bike. Triumph produced 5 Bonnevilles to 1 Tiger hence why everyone seeks a Bonny. But this little 750 Tiger is a rare treasure.

What an awesome day.

The Mrs on the other hand wasn't so impressed.

That's it mate. I love my Harley's to death. But there's something about a Trumpy Tiger that just says fuck yeah. I been looking for this bike for years, and it come about by not looking for it.

I snapped the kill switch straight up this arvo! Haha! Pfft, who uses them anyway. I'll file it off neat as that extension you don't flick down anyway.

Next motherfuckin weekend, I'll fire that Tiger and belt her through the hills. Be awesome to throw the little fucker around after handling the Wide Glide for so long :)

Life is sweet as times.

So if any of yall remember, a couple months ago I posted the single of an upcoming EP. Well, it's out now! you can find it at Fail Better | Terrible Terrible We did pretty much everything ourselves and pretty much locked ourselves up for half a year to get it all together. Pretty damn pleased with how it came out, and if you're in the NJ/NYC/Philly area we're playing a few shows through the summer.

@TrixieFaux and @markBee i know yall were into the single.

Overtime, overtime, overtime! I'm getting a little tired of 11 hour days but in a union job with a stingy company I gotta get my extra hours in when they let me. By this time next year I expect to be in a salary position where overtime will just make my time worth... less, so right now I gotta get it in.

Also I plan on going down to red rocks next weekend to see the Avett Brothers, mostly so I can see Lucero open for em though. Might stop by Dedication and get my girly a gift certificate to get her half sleeve started.

I will get on board the hair posts too. Last weekend I started the transition to blonde from my natural dark brown, with the idea of slowly lightening down to blonde over winter, ready for summer. I'm not exactly loving the caramel/honey colour at the moment, but the end result will be worth it!

I want to see the white and blue hair toooooo!

I went from my natural blonde to a strawberry blonde/auburn and chopped it off almost pixie-ish a couple days ago. She put a big blonde streak in my bangs, and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I wish it had been purple or something fun now.

Yes! We both have white & blue hair now! I want to see a pic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I threw one up on my Instagram Instagram it's pretty great and one of the benefits of not teaching in the summer!

- - - Updated - - -

I want to see the white and blue hair toooooo!

I went from my natural blonde to a strawberry blonde/auburn and chopped it off almost pixie-ish a couple days ago. She put a big blonde streak in my bangs, and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I wish it had been purple or something fun now.

If she made a streak blonde it's super easy just to put a blue stain (which is what blue/ purple colour is) just take a piece of foil from the kitchen, pin away the hair you don't want blue, put the foil under the blonde piece and apply the stain (fudge, manic panic ect...) with a brush. Fold up the piece of foil to keep it away from your new hair and leave on for whatever they tell you and shampoo out - it will fade out eventually but it is fun!

Oh that does sound easy! I shall try that, thanks! Is that stain something available at stores like Target, Walmart etc? She's not that far away, I could probably slip over and have her to it. We're going to get more work on my husbands tattoo today so I'll actually be trying to do my hair today and can see if this is going to work or not. I am hair-styling challenged...usually I end up shaking my fists at my reflection and screeching and then pull it back in one of those teeny pinchy clips.

After having the bike in the garage for over a week, I finally received the new shims for the valve adjustment on Monday and installed them. Tuesday seemed like a good day to test it out, so I rode over 300 miles through the Smokys, BRP, and back. I think it's Okay!

I finally got my (Restricted) drivers licence today after sitting on my Learners for 21 years- second attempt, the instructor told me how shit I was at driving and then told me I passed. Go figure.

Awesome.. my last restricted license went along with paying fines and a shit-ton of money to my lawyer... but they threw out the gun charges.

- - - Updated - - -

So anyway, trying to keep my mind on other things... I go out and buy a 1959 Ford Custom 300. Its a project car, no drive train but a really clean body. I'm having it shipped from Denver Co. Plans are do the brakes over (front disc), rewire from bumper to bumper, swap in either a 351C or 460 and a 4-speed. I do have a 350 Chevy I could use as well.. and piss off the Ford people. For now, I just want it in my driveway and go over the whole thing cleaning it up and seeing what else it needs.

I ran 2 F trucks both with 351C's a few years back. Loved them trucks. Had them both converted to LPG too. I was surprised how well them motors pumped on gas. It was like they we're build for LPG. Nice little score on the 59. That's what ya need, cool projects to keep ya occupied. Kinda why I just bought this '78 Trumpy Tiger. Talking with one of the brothers tonight. Another one of the boys has a '78 Trumpy Bony. I'll get Dodgy to give me a good orientation on these Units.

Can ya post a pick of your Custom 3 please mate?

Had a bastard week this week, so knocked off early, pulled out the Harley and smashed the fucker through the hills.

I ran 2 F trucks both with 351C's a few years back. Loved them trucks. Had them both converted to LPG too. I was surprised how well them motors pumped on gas. It was like they we're build for LPG. Nice little score on the 59. That's what ya need, cool projects to keep ya occupied. Kinda why I just bought this '78 Trumpy Tiger. Talking with one of the brothers tonight. Another one of the boys has a '78 Trumpy Bony. I'll get Dodgy to give me a good orientation on these Units.

Can ya post a pick of your Custom 3 please mate?

Had a bastard week this week, so knocked off early, pulled out the Harley and smashed the fucker through the hills.

I ran into a small glitch with the shipping... car has no brakes and the carrier they sent wasn't able to handle it, so they're sending someone else. So it takes a few more days. I can do a 350 Chevy installation fairly cheaply and quickly as I have almost everything on hand. I do have a line on a BOSS 351 and a 4-speed, but this is a full race set up.

Still love to do a 429 or 460 which will run into some tall $$, still an option. The 350 Chevy is relatively easy, all I need to do is change the oil pan (pump too) to an early Nova style, has a front sump to clear the Ford crossmember.

I'll post up some pictures as soon as I get the thing. Pretty stressful waiting around for what else is going south on the deal. Post up some pictures on the Triumphs. I knew a guy that had a Sunbeam Alpine with a 302 Ford in it, went like a scalded dog. Yeah, I know the deal with work sucking, we're a tad slow here with vacations this month so I'm caught up.

• 2 weeks later...

Making a delivery in the outskirts of Chicago tomorrow, but I got here around noon, so now I'm waiting on a train to take me into the city, so I can go check out Chicago Tattoo Company. I can't try a walk in as I've already got an appointment in a few weeks, but hopefully I'll pick up a shirt and see some rad old flash. Should be fun!