Post awesome things you have been doing recently

irezumi

• 3 weeks later...

Good stuff. 

Lately I have been getting more serious about my hobby of buying and reselling things from estate sales and whatnot. After coming to the realization that i cannot continue in my career and stay sane I really had no idea what else I would do as I have no desire to go back into a kitchen or up on a roof again either. So, I made an Etsy account and I've sold some stuff through there. Done pretty well on some ebay auctions. Made some good connections and hopefully I can keep the momentum going and turn it into something that will pay the bills. I enjoy it much more than anything else I've ever done so that is something. 

Since I got my tattoos and dropped 35 lbs - and have been exercising a bit to tone up and keep my weight stable, I've been wearing a lot of sleeveless shirts and t-shirts. For work, I mostly wear short-sleeved shirts when the college is out of our normal semesters and I'm not wearing a suit. I'll even wear a tie with a short-sleeved shirt and sport coat. But, I don't normally go sleeveless at work.
While I was out in Michigan at my sister's this week we were going through some old family pictures when I came across this one - my Dad in 1935. Apparently going sleeveless isn't new, it's retro, so I can now order some sleeveless dress shirts for work!!!

Sorry, old thought here, but where are you finding them? I wanted a couple and the only ones that weren't ragged cut-offs on Amazon were two-month lead time cheapies from China. I went to Walmart and bought a long-sleeve black Wrangler shirt and carefully cut the sleeves off, but I'd like to find some twill shirts made purposely that way.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, pidjones said:

Sorry, old thought here, but where are you finding them? I wanted a couple and the only ones that weren't ragged cut-offs on Amazon were two-month lead time cheapies from China. I went to Walmart and bought a long-sleeve black Wrangler shirt and carefully cut the sleeves off, but I'd like to find some twill shirts made purposely that way.

I haven't found any that were actually made as sleeveless dress shirts - just joking about "ordering" some for work. I guess I need to start looking around seriously!! I hate the ragged fluffy cut shirts  - I carefully cut off the fringes, too.

I haven't found any that were actually made as sleeveless dress shirts - just joking about "ordering" some for work. I guess I need to start looking around seriously!! I hate the ragged fluffy cut shirts  - I carefully cut off the fringes, too.

So, I've done two. Both had plenty of "Irish pennants" after laundering, but they were a LOT easier to trim than the initial sleeve-removal. Might wear one to the convention next weekend.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

8f9749d8d9958a4eeb39a38407943958.jpg2f7cffbbc0835c92e30c2b5d1c0f091d.jpg
Yesterday they had a goodbye luncheon for a couple of us that are being laid off. This is awesome, because we were both planning to retire! Saved 2 jobs, got severance pay and Cobra, and in 6 months we can go back to consult if they need us. Gave us both remembrances that say "Beam Off". Our company builds particle accelerators and medical equipment.

I have a new girl friend! She's my age, nice looking, we're on the same page with politics and lots of other things. She's also a bit of a gym rat like me and takes care of herself. She digs tattoos and is considering her first one. I'll have to see how it goes, but were having fun. I'm getting a tattoo started tomorrow night and she's going to stop in for a while.

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 0:02 AM, Boiled Dove said:

Right on @Colored Guy I just found out that this woman I have been taking dance classes with and I were only born 3 days apart (and her in Holland but who is counting miles) . Very cool that you found someone like that to hang out with. 

Yeah, she's good to me so I have no complaints. Talk about numbers. Her birthday is one digit off from my late wife's birthday in years, months and days. Sort of like it was meant to be, Fate.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Kinda hate to term anything I do as 'awesome', but this as close as it comes for me lol.

I retired from my 'real job' specifically to be able to chase my passion (over used term) of woodworking.  Now days I spend 6-8 hours in my shop making anything that catches my fancy.  Here are a few recent pieces that I finished as Christmas gifts.

IMG_20171006_165722_930.jpg

IMG_20171127_092343_909.jpg

IMG_20171213_170319178.jpg

IMG_20171216_165439_623.jpg

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 12:20 PM, JAC1961 said:

Kinda hate to term anything I do as 'awesome', but this as close as it comes for me lol.

I retired from my 'real job' specifically to be able to chase my passion (over used term) of woodworking.  Now days I spend 6-8 hours in my shop making anything that catches my fancy.  Here are a few recent pieces that I finished as Christmas gifts.

IMG_20171006_165722_930.jpg

IMG_20171127_092343_909.jpg

IMG_20171213_170319178.jpg

IMG_20171216_165439_623.jpg

Wow, @JAC1961 - awesome work!!!!

I've been playing around with buying one of these for years. We've got an ATV that we use for work around our 57 acre property. It's a 2004 and still running strong but in the winter I use it to plow our 750 ft driveway and my mother-in-law's driveway, too. As I've gotten older, I am less and less thrilled at sitting out in the cold, snow and sleet on the Quad while I plow and then have to get off to change the plow angle every time. 

I saw that Cub Cadet upgraded their line - got great reviews on 3 or 4 ATV/UTV publications for their value and standard amenities - checked them out and ordered one. I didn't expect it until early next year but I got the call yesterday that not only was it in, but they were ready to deliver it.  I took it out for a 15 minute ride around our property last evening - and really like it.

To the basic package - which is really loaded (gas adjustable shocks, 4-wheel disc brakes, locking front and rear differential, dump bed, hard lower doors and cab/ROPS cage, tilt wheel, lights horn, turn signals, winch) - I added upper doors and a rear window to close the cab, a cab heater, windshield wiper, a roof light bar and a power-angle snow plow.

5a3d577ea89ef_Challenger7501c.thumb.jpg.c93142d8d0468bfac6134957517d15c7.jpg

5a3d57b4e34e2_Challenger7507c.thumb.jpg.6b7019133a2bd5e150c86bce33519ee3.jpg

5a3d57dcae0ce_Challenger7509c.thumb.jpg.76a00e8365dd30a79c99e4df5556285e.jpg

Sooo yesterday I did something awesome worth bragging a bit about. I defended my masters thesis at my university and was awarded the highest possible grade. This means that I can finally call myself a sociologist! During the last months I’ve struggled a lot with my own ambitions which resulted in some bad cases of anxiety, postponed deadlines etc., so finally finishing it up successfully is the greatest relief for me in the longest time. I plan on celebrating this with a fitting tattoo of the good ol' skull-with-an-academic-cap-on-top-of-a-stack-of-books situation soon.

Oh yeah, I've also booked a trip to Barcelona next month, which might involve getting a lil' something from Javier Rodriguez if things work out.

Good times ahead!

Edited by Emil

4 hours ago, Emil said:

Sooo yesterday I did something awesome worth bragging a bit about. I defended my masters thesis at my university and was awarded the highest possible grade. This means that I can finally call myself a sociologist! During the last months I’ve struggled a lot with my own ambitions which resulted in some bad cases of anxiety, postponed deadlines etc., so finally finishing it up successfully is the greatest relief for me in the longest time. I plan on celebrating this with a fitting tattoo of the good ol' skull-with-an-academic-cap-on-top-of-a-stack-of-books situation soon.

Oh yeah, I've also booked a trip to Barcelona next month, which might involve getting a lil' something from Javier Rodriguez if things work out.

Good times ahead!

Congratulations!!!

I am spending the holidays with my parents who are in their 80’s. Always nice to visit family. Met a new girl friend a few weeks ago and we having fun. After a trying summer, life is good again. The most interesting thing I did lately was visiting a glass factory with the new girl friend and blowing Christmas ornaments. 

163BB270-7EAD-42E4-B30B-EC2186459CA2.jpeg