Some of the worst ever.

abees

I feel sorry for those who go to a shop and still get a shitty tattoo. I would like to blame all the people tattooing out of their house for shitty tattoos, but realistically they still only represent a small portion of bad tattoos done.

On a slightly related note, I poked around the ads on craigslist portland today and found that many of these people offering cheap tattoos either aren't bad or are posting pictures of others people's work to trick people which is probably the case as their seem to be some difference in approach that don't add up.

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo

great tattoos here

Now here's a shop located on probably the busiest intersection in the the most hipster neighborhood in portland, been there for years cranking out shitty work and their are three other shops on that street who's work is comparable.

jesse's tattoos | Facebook

Picking between the fake portfolio of the craigslist guy or the shop that clearly doesn't know what they are doing? I can see how people would rather go with people off craigslist who they don't realize are fake vs shops like these.

For sure, most people with shitty tattoos got them at shops. There are plenty of shops around here that are putting on utterly terrible tattoos. The girl from the Craigslist as I posted claimed to have been "certified" by a scratcher shop, so it's even worse than them putting on bad tattoos, they're actively perpetuating it.

But at the same time, and this is what I was trying to get at before, if you are going to permanently modify your physical appearance, it's your responsibility to make sure that it's done well. That means going around town looking at and comparing portfolios (or at least doing that on the internet), it means doing research into styles and designs, into what makes a good tattoo, etc, etc. There are so many great Internet resources: LST is so amazing in so many different ways and I'ce learned a lot from here. There are some good tumblrs like Dermagraphique: A Tattoo Critique and http://critink.tumblr.com that offer some solid insights on good and bad tattoo design and execution. Guen Douglas wrote some great posts for the TAM blog about how to look at and assess portfolios. There's more information out there than there ever has been, even if it's hidden among a lot of shit. Getting great tattoos isn't that hard if you're willing to put the time, effort, and money into it, and I don't see any good reason why anybody should do it half-assed.

TATTR

just go through a few pages of this tumblr. fucking terrible. some of them really aren't poorly done, but the concepts are just fucking stupid.

ok, this might sound like I'm a prick. (once again.)(the first time i was being a prick though, lol) Anyway, maybe, you should put this in a thread about tattoos that you don't care for. These examples you've given seem to be solid tattoos. I don't really care for the style, but as for the technical ability of these artist, I feel it is at the complete opposite end of the spectrum as the artists that were originally posted in this thread.

Just a thought.

ok, this might sound like I'm a prick. (once again.)(the first time i was being a prick though, lol) Anyway, maybe, you should put this in a thread about tattoos that you don't care for. These examples you've given seem to be solid tattoos. I don't really care for the style, but as for the technical ability of these artist, I feel it is at the complete opposite end of the spectrum as the artists that were originally posted in this thread.

Just a thought.

yeah, the one one all the way to the right is sick..

- - - Updated - - -

wow, n/m.. didnt realize you could scroll down.. a few of those are really good and sound.. check out that 12ozprophet link i posted on the last page if you want shitty..

For sure, most people with shitty tattoos got them at shops. There are plenty of shops around here that are putting on utterly terrible tattoos. The girl from the Craigslist as I posted claimed to have been "certified" by a scratcher shop, so it's even worse than them putting on bad tattoos, they're actively perpetuating it.

But at the same time, and this is what I was trying to get at before, if you are going to permanently modify your physical appearance, it's your responsibility to make sure that it's done well. That means going around town looking at and comparing portfolios (or at least doing that on the internet), it means doing research into styles and designs, into what makes a good tattoo, etc, etc. There are so many great Internet resources: LST is so amazing in so many different ways and I'ce learned a lot from here. There are some good tumblrs like Dermagraphique: A Tattoo Critique and http://critink.tumblr.com that offer some solid insights on good and bad tattoo design and execution. Guen Douglas wrote some great posts for the TAM blog about how to look at and assess portfolios. There's more information out there than there ever has been, even if it's hidden among a lot of shit. Getting great tattoos isn't that hard if you're willing to put the time, effort, and money into it, and I don't see any good reason why anybody should do it half-assed.

All your points are totally valid to people like us who will put in the time and travel and do what we need to do to get tattoos, but majority of people don't like tattoos, they just want to have a tattoo. They just want people to be able to see the tattoo so they know they didn't chicken out, and are usually not as concerned with how the tattoo looks or if the idea is sound. Is that for me, not at all , but if that's how people party, then so be it. They have to live with it not me. I got a little pissy with a client who came in with a new tattoo yesterday, I could tell was done in someone's kitchen. But I mean she knew it was shit and she paid 10 dollars because she is broke and wanted a tatto and the only thing you can get in the shop for 10 dollars is a t shirt so it's not like their was any business really being taken from anyone and she now has a shitty tattoo on her forearm.

Have you guys heard of Big Doggz in RI. Take a look @ this guys cover photo. hahahahahaha

Talk about BAD!

Chris Crinkle fanbase - South Bellingham, MA - Author - Photos | Facebook

It has a range to it... barely acceptable to kitchen magician quality... or lack of quality. That's why I like to see all the artists work in albums when I go to check out a shop. One local place, I'd never let the owner tattoo the inside of my dog's ear. The other people in the shop do nice consistent solid work.

Rob

Thing is for every one good tattoo shop round my way there are 5 like this.

Honestly it's so true. Theres this guy in E Boston who tats outta the house near my shop and he does EVERYTHING right in the skin with NO stencil or marker drawing. He has a pic of some old english on someones chest. It's horrifcally crooked. He even made his own style "primitive style" he does ALL the shading with a liner!! LOL it's so bad, but 100 dollar sleeves aren't!!! LMAO! Paul Mucci check him out... You might wanna set up an appointment lol! ^___^

Honestly it's so true. Theres this guy in E Boston who tats outta the house near my shop and he does EVERYTHING right in the skin with NO stencil or marker drawing. He has a pic of some old english on someones chest. It's horrifcally crooked. He even made his own style "primitive style" he does ALL the shading with a liner!! LOL it's so bad, but 100 dollar sleeves aren't!!! LMAO! Paul Mucci check him out... You might wanna set up an appointment lol! ^___^

Shading with a liner.... that in itself is scary as shti. Anyone that lets someone like that near them is about to get a cheap lesson in how-not-to-get-inked. Unfortunately, some people flat out don't know any better and the lure of a $20 tattoo sucks them right in.

Rob

Have you guys heard of Big Doggz in RI. Take a look @ this guys cover photo. hahahahahaha

Talk about BAD!

Chris Crinkle fanbase - South Bellingham, MA - Author - Photos | Facebook

I just spent at least an hour going through this guys pictures. I don't think I have ever laughed so hard. A lot of the comments people posted were hilarious.

I just spent at least an hour going through this guys pictures. I don't think I have ever laughed so hard. A lot of the comments people posted were hilarious.

I know!! when its slow @ the shop sometimes we check out whats new just for shits n giggles. Def good for a laugh! Someone I work with posted "whys be that sock on that bible" under a faux name hahahahahaha!!

I just went back and looked at the comments, LMAO.... imagine their shit work that didn't make the grade... gotta be some bizarre out takes.....

Rob

I know!! when its slow @ the shop sometimes we check out whats new just for shits n giggles. Def good for a laugh! Someone I work with posted "whys be that sock on that bible" under a faux name hahahahahaha!!

Yes!! I saw that one. One of my favorites was of a messed up looking dog and someone posted "I'm sarah mclachlan and just a dollar a day can help these starving dogs". There were also some really great comments in regards to a certain fairy that was on a girls back.

thats the worst shit ive ever seen, not kidding.. its really more about the places these people are getting these tattoos put that sucks.. now i have to go to their main page and read all of the comments and people whove checked in and get bummed out again like the dude who said this thread was killing the culture..

- - - Updated - - -

379115_10150432102922492_891585072_n.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

haha! actually all of the comments are, "stop fucking tattooing people!!!!"

About 8months ago I went livit ink tattoo in Rio Rancho NM, the dude totally tried to use the art of seduction by Robert Greene and a tattoo gun to get me to sleep with him. Was an ass to my husband and wouldn't let him sit next to me. Told me my tattoo was original art and then found it three months later on the web.

This creep is now under Morning Star Tattoo o in Rio Rancho NM. Right in the same building as turtle mountain brewery. He had to move cause he wasn't paying his bills.do not go here for your next tattoo you will regret it