Some of the worst ever.

abees

• 2 months later...

I thought there was a thread for worst shops, I guess not because I can't find it. But I was looking around for other good shops near me and found some real winners.

First of all is a little place called Bob's Body Art. The pics on their site looked okay, but then I looked them up on facebook and turns out they had blatantly lied about their portfolio...their ACTUAL work is scratcher level. What a scumbag. After asking around, some friends said "Bob" is the only guy working there, he smokes while tattooing, the shop is gross, and he only uses liner needles for everything. Here's some of his "body art": https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bobs-Body-Art/154316701292676?id=154316701292676&sk=photos_stream

Another winner is Criminal Tattooing. Their logo is "Tattoos so good, it must be a crime." These tattoos certainly are a crime. Terrible designs, execution, and placement. Really not a single good piece in this entire gallery. Also notice the kids in the shop and questionable hygiene practices. I also really liked their "Spend $100, get 25% off your next tattoo" coupon, that just sounds so legit. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Criminal-Tattooing/155223037905622?id=155223037905622&sk=photos_stream

Last is Skin Ticket Tattoo. First issue is the name...I really want to go to a place that reminds me of skin tags. Bad hygiene all around (there's pics of them working without barriers of any sort), and lots of bad decisions. Check out the one of the guy crouched down trying to tattoo the guy's calf while he's sitting. Some of the worst line work I've ever seen at a "professional" shop. And they included some of their "artwork," which seriously looks like something I did in 5th grade. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Skin-Ticket-Tattoo/542259669140066?id=542259669140066&sk=photos_stream

I love all this shit, people should be allowed to make bad decisions. There's more shit out there than good , and why not , people don't care they just want coverage . I suppose it gets shady when you are getting treated for massive infections , but still fuck them you can get infections in hospitals too. It's not hard to find a good shop or a good artist. Most cities have at least 1 decent shop.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a friend that has several tattoos. She had a friend that was a tattoo apprentice and just let her use her as her guinea pig. She's always bragging about how she has OMG ELEVEN TATTOOS SOOOO REBELLIOUS. It's like it doesn't matter what they are of, how how poorly they are done, it's definately the quantity over quality for her. And damn, let me tell you. The vast majority of them are just terrible. Like, she got a rose on her foot and it looks like some had an abortion on her foot and then poured mustard on it. She's always telling me about her tattoo ideas and I want to tell her so badly that she should just stop going to where she is going while she is still ahead but I know she won't listen, or believe me.

End. Rant.

• 4 weeks later...

It's always beneficial to research an "artist" in the industry, as there is no quality control. Some people like to get tattooed by their friends regardless of the outcome and that's respectable in the sense that it is a personal decision and art is subjective. After getting my first tattoo I compared it to others on my friends and realized it could look better. Still being under the assumption that going to a tattoo shop meant a "professional" piece would be done I had it worked over. Disappointed again, understanding I hadn't figured it out the first time, I researched artists before having any thing else done. This was in '93, before the power of google. It's nice to not have to pay for the same tattoo 3 times. On a humorous note, when looking for Sean Degan in San Antonio at Perfection Tattoo in '94 to get something done well, I didn't know who Chris Trevino was. Because I didn't know who he was, and my previous disappoints, when he told me he had time to do my tattoo I told him, "that's okay, I'll wait for Sean, but thanks." haha!

• 2 weeks later...

I am from Germany and it the same here. A lot of great talent, but also tattooist that are so miserable, how anyone within their righteous mind would get tattooed by them is a mystery to me.

I have been following the career of this tattooist for several years. He lacks even the most basic drawing skills and cannot draw a straight line. He started with a mobile tattoo studio, then opened his own studio a few years ago. So the conditions in which he works might have improved a bit, but unfortunately the quality of his tattoos has not.

What is even more worrying than the quality of his tattoos, is how many positive comments he gets for his work on facebook.

http://mobilesmetall.blogspot.de

TATTOO & PIERCING STUDIO LAUTERBACH

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tattoo-Studio-Lauterbach/219664431427169

A few of his gems:

jof6.jpg

ps8u.jpg

rqa8.jpg

em7t.jpg

0ddm.jpg

3t0m.jpg

Someone recommended this local place to me because the guy who owns it is "an amazing artist." I think his art is mediocre at best and looks like something a kid in high school might do, and the tattoos are pretty poor. It blows my mind how someone could look at any of this and think it's good...wavy lines, weak lines, rough shading, and it seems like they do their lettering as they go with no drawing of any sort (?!). 1383306_527363804011702_2088355690_n.jpg

548294_488487197899363_1175270919_n.jpg

1454700_532815100133239_456714110_n.jpg

^ That last one is laughably asymmetrical.

• 1 month later...

@hogg there isn't a dislike option.

“His short term plans include opening a tattoo parlor with his dad. They have talked about it for a very long time. It’s his dream for it to be a very high-end parlor, unlike anything currently out there.”

Remind me to only go to seedier joints like King's Avenue. That place is totes a dump.

• 4 weeks later...
5988df22570911e2998822000a1fbc5d_7.jpg This was the worst tattoo I had ever seen until I found this forum. It's from a local skate rat's instagram page which is littered with eyesore gold. What I don't get is the people who come to these idiots who are equally as art blind. Do people actually not know good from bad? I think it's the artists convincing these simple minded sheep that it's a good job.