Any gun owners out there?

slayer9019

I've got a Glock 17 for my concealed carry, and I also have a Ruger LCR 38. I really dig both of em. I also have a Remington 3030 that was my grandfathers.

A 17 for CC when you got a LCR 38? The full glocks always seems a bit big for CC at least to me. Personally I would check out those featherweight hammerless S&W revolvers.

or...one of these bad boys

black snub colt 45

162410_01_md.jpg

I love my 1911! Great choice. I also have a Glock 22 .40 cal and a Sig P220 .45 cal. I would recommend each one of them.

Which 1911 do you got? I am still undecided which to get... Too many damn options!

Yup.

cz-75b 9mm

smith and wesson 357 mag

rugar mkiii 22-45

browning buckmark .22

guns are on hold till I get some tattooer finnished up, but I am looking into getting a browning hi-power (love them) a mini-14 ranch (i just dont love ar's) M1A and a colt commander 1911. My wife also wants a .38 spl revolver.

Yup.

cz-75b 9mm

smith and wesson 357 mag

rugar mkiii 22-45

browning buckmark .22

guns are on hold till I get some tattooer finnished up, but I am looking into getting a browning hi-power (love them) a mini-14 ranch (i just dont love ar's) M1A and a colt commander 1911. My wife also wants a .38 spl revolver.

Nice collection covering a good portion of the basics. Never really heard of AR hate out there, but I guess it's not for everyone. After messing around with my buddies Saiga I might pick one up (AKs are illegal in NJ).

Also I think the .38spl is an underrated round for sure. Lucky for you, you live in the most gun-lax states in the world! OC/CC with no permit, lucky!

Nice collection covering a good portion of the basics. Never really heard of AR hate out there, but I guess it's not for everyone. After messing around with my buddies Saiga I might pick one up (AKs are illegal in NJ).

Also I think the .38spl is an underrated round for sure. Lucky for you, you live in the most gun-lax states in the world! OC/CC with no permit, lucky!

I dont hate AR's, I just done love them. My wife also likes the way a mini-14 feels in her hands and I think its a good higher cal plinker and can be used to hunt/protect. Id like a shot gun as well soon because I love shooting skeet etc etc. Mossy 500. Yes, .38spl is a great round. Easy to shot well and easy to get second shot on target quickly unlike a 357. I still think the 1911 is prob my favorite to shoot, but I shoot the .22 the most because they are cheap.

Which 1911 do you got? I am still undecided which to get... Too many damn options!

I have a Colt 1991

- - - Updated - - -

I dont hate AR's, I just done love them. My wife also likes the way a mini-14 feels in her hands and I think its a good higher cal plinker and can be used to hunt/protect. Id like a shot gun as well soon because I love shooting skeet etc etc. Mossy 500. Yes, .38spl is a great round. Easy to shot well and easy to get second shot on target quickly unlike a 357. I still think the 1911 is prob my favorite to shoot, but I shoot the .22 the most because they are cheap.

I love my Mini-14, although I don't get that much use out of it anymore. As far as shotguns go I love my beretta A391 Extrema 2. I have numerous different shotguns and that is the one I grab the most often. I recently just won a Winchester M70 special edition .300 wsm and can't wait to set itp up and use it.

Glock 17 for carrying during the colder months as well as competition shooting, and a Ruger LCP .380 which pretty much is attached to my hip at all times

- - - Updated - - -

Every thing's illegal in NJ, I despise going over there for anything, have a mag over 13 rounds, have some jail time, oh you carry hollow point in those mags? Here have some more jail time, a year for each mag, and each hollow point.

(... sorry but that kills me)

Glock 17 for carrying during the colder months as well as competition shooting, and a Ruger LCP .380 which pretty much is attached to my hip at all times

- - - Updated - - -

Every thing's illegal in NJ, I despise going over there for anything, have a mag over 13 rounds, have some jail time, oh you carry hollow point in those mags? Here have some more jail time, a year for each mag, and each hollow point.

(... sorry but that kills me)

Yea NJ is bad :( although we can have up to 15 otherwise it is "scary". The hollowpoint rule is kinda of moot since actually acquiring a CCW is a joke and impossible to get. I keep hollowpoints or frangibles at home.

We can't actually own, pistols as such in the uk, or short arm as they are classified (apart from Northern Ireland). Long barrelled pistols and revolvers are permitted as long as the overall length is no shorter than 24". This is achieved by adding a wrist brace or counter balance together with a 12" barrel to give the overall 24" legal minimum.

Strange as it may seem criminals seem to ignore this.

I have a Taurus 66 .357 magnum & a nice little .22 Browning Buckmark long barrelled pistol. The Buckmark has had the barrel milled down with a carbon fibre shroud and moderator. It’s superbly balanced. It shoots just like a regular Buckmark pistol and is real quiet.

The next problem with the shitty UK gun laws is a restriction on owning semi automatic centrefire rifles. I own a AR15 9mm lever release from The Southern Gun Company, fitted with an Eotech holographic sight. It uses a really clever mechanism using a sear to hold the bolt back after its fired. The lever releases the bolt chambering the next round. With a bit of practice you can fire nearly as quickly as a semi-auto. All these guns were seized by UK police but had to be handed back after they were confirmed UK legal.

Luckily we have some incredibly dedicated and brilliant gunsmiths in the UK.

I also own

Sako Quad @Jade1959 shoots this one better than me.

Henry Big Boy Underlever in .357 magnum (made in the Big Apple)

GSG5 22LR (Shitty but acurate).

Saiga AK 101 .223 with a skeleton folding stock.(Straight Pull due to UK Gun laws)

MK 4 Lee Enfield 303, made at the Longbranch Arsenal, Canada,1959.

Martini Henry 577/450

Snider .577 (That I have restored. Haven't shot it yet)

I also reload all my own ammo using an imported Dillon XL 650.

Here's a couple of my toys

Unicorn.jpg

Buckmark.jpg

Yea NJ is bad :( although we can have up to 15 otherwise it is "scary". The hollowpoint rule is kinda of moot since actually acquiring a CCW is a joke and impossible to get. I keep hollowpoints or frangibles at home.

See that's the thing though, I grew up across the river from trenton, still live in the area, and have my CCP, my best friend lives over in lambertville and there have been several times I've had to turn around and go home first when she has asked me to pick her up. it's quiet frustrating.

thats the other thing that bothers me, your allowed to have them in your home and at the range... but not in between.. how the hell are you suppose to get them there? (this was a recent discussion in our cadet meeting with the "kids" Police Expolorer unit through the boyscouts)

It drives me more insane that the housing (trying to find an apt to move into) is in my price range over there, but I'd pretty much have to not have my guns. *le sigh* Oh Little Russia how you irk me.

How about this for crazy. The gun laws in the UK allows anyone to own, and hung on the wall at home, an antique muzzle loader or an obsolete calibre firearm.

If, as a firearms certificate holder, I wanted to shoot the gun I would need to have it entered on my licence and stored securely.

Once I no longer want to shoot the gun I have to get the gun removed from my licence and I can hang it on the wall again.

Modern reproductions of any of these guns have to be held on a firearms certificate. I suppose its a good thing otherwise every gang member would be running around packing a matchlock.

Matchlock.jpg

Good to know our government is putting public safety first.

How about this for crazy. The gun laws in the UK allows anyone to own, and hung on the wall at home, an antique muzzle loader or an obsolete calibre firearm.

If, as a firearms certificate holder, I wanted to shoot the gun I would need to have it entered on my licence and stored securely.

Once I no longer want to shoot the gun I have to get the gun removed from my licence and I can hang it on the wall again.

Modern reproductions of any of these guns have to be held on a firearms certificate. I suppose its a good thing otherwise every gang member would be running around packing a matchlock.

Good to know our government is putting public safety first.

"...otherwise every gang member would be running around packing a matchlock."

That would be a bit weird for sure... 'Give me all your money' as he takes out his power, takes out the ram rod, slowly packing his black power rifle......

Wow, I truly feel sorry for you! Well if you ever feel like heading over "the pond", I'm sure we got a spot for you!

Here is a nice little tidbit of "saving the public". Those damn Olympic marksmen are down right dangerous!

UK Olympic Pistol Shooters Allowed to Practice with Mock Pistols « Daily Bulletin

Another wow article. "Unlike shotguns and rifles, pistols have no application outside personal violence"

Olympics: Why Britain's shooters should stop whinging about pistol ban | Sport | The Guardian

Used to have a whole slew of different weapons, everything from little hideout pistols, the Kel-Tec P3-AT is my favorite, to full-house .44 mags, to M14s, and everythign in-between.

They all got stolen in a break-in about a year ago, I swear!

Used to have a whole slew of different weapons, everything from little hideout pistols, the Kel-Tec P3-AT is my favorite, to full-house .44 mags, to M14s, and everythign in-between.

They all got stolen in a break-in about a year ago, I swear!

Love my 44. While no longer the biggest with the 500express and 50ae pistols I still live that hand cannon