Kitsune

I have been really digging kitsune (Japanese foxes/mythical foxes with up to nine tails that shapeshift and make mischief) lately. I am thinking of getting one myself and in general think they are a beautiful subject for tattoos, but I am having trouble finding great examples of them! (Warning: if you google "kitsune" you get a lot of weird furry shit. I do not recommend it.) I know they must be out there, so please post awesome examples of kitsune tattoos and art that you have come across here.

Thus far I really love, of course, the backpiece that Shige did on Uncle Allan:

blogger-image-290058139.jpg

Source

aIMG_5787.jpg

Source

• 1 month later...
Thought it might be appropriate to break my lurker status by joining this thread. Here's my in-progress kitsune by Claudia De Sabe at Jolie Rouge, London.

Didn't want to outright swipe the photo but here's a link to it on her facebook page

Claudia De Sabe's Photos | Facebook

I could be wrong, but I don't think anyone would consider you "swiping" the photo if it's of artwork done on your body.

Thanks for the kind words, here's an updated pic, finished it off yesterday. It was an absolute pleasure to be tattooed by Claudia, and Jolie Rouge is a great shop full of the most awesome people. Hope to return for some more work from her at some point in the future.

Photo by claudiadesabe • Instagram

• 1 month later...