Lady Heads

It kinda sucks that many of the 'live' threads on this forum are turning into tumblr.com. I noticed it first on the backpiece thread. People just re-blogging shit without credit or comment.

I thought we were here to discuss, hopefully to learn and grow, not mindlessly spread/spam something we saw and liked.

I understand your comment @Stewart Robson and from my perspective have wondered how the artists feel about this .I'm not sure bout others on here but I have few opportunities to mix with tattooers or even others of like mind to people on this site ,for that reason I often find and post pics cause I'm so impressed ,blown away and every other adjective known to man in an effort to share with my "mates " so to speak.I did used to try to elaborate on the piece with comnment but came to think maybe I was being wanky like I had right to comnment or something so often just posted the artists name ,never meaning to diss anyone.

For me it's not like re-posting things from various places on the internet should be forbidden here. Once we upload it, it's public anyway. That's why many tattooers watermark their images.

I was commenting on they direction some of Last Sparrow seems to be taking. I thought we were supposed to be intelligent ant thoughtful. Yeah we can goof off every now an then and have a laugh but on the whole we can be an interesting and intelligent bunch. Last Sparrow is 'better' than other forums and sites because of the effort it's owners and users put into it. If the only effort we can muster is to copy/paste a url, then we are on the down slope. Artist/tattooer credit, contact information, location etc, it important. Even for someone 'everybody knows'.

• 3 weeks later...

I was lucky enough to convince Jill Bonny to do an Americana gypsy head a few years ago and she nailed it. I love the fact the she did some research and put some personalized touches in it. I couldn't imagine there being a bunch of Jill's girl heads walking around, so I thought you all might appreciate this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7G5MIpFui4

I understand your comment @Stewart Robson and from my perspective have wondered how the artists feel about this .I'm not sure bout others on here but I have few opportunities to mix with tattooers or even others of like mind to people on this site ,for that reason I often find and post pics cause I'm so impressed ,blown away and every other adjective known to man in an effort to share with my "mates " so to speak.I did used to try to elaborate on the piece with comnment but came to think maybe I was being wanky like I had right to comnment or something so often just posted the artists name ,never meaning to diss anyone.

Kyle I have been guilty of this, I always give a name but not much else. I too post pictures for the reason you do, or because the thread calls for it. I will be more mindful from now on.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

i'm really liking the way erica flannes and sneaky mitch allenden are doing more of a neo-traditional take on the lady heads. mason williams does really nice soft mother marys alot. but i dig the tradiontal mostly.

I really love lady head tattoos and how they can be drawn so many different ways. I really like them drawn traditionally with depth to them. I've been thinking about getting a day of the dead one on my inner forearm. What do people think about the day of dead lady heads?