Lady Heads

I've always been fond of Kim Graziano's girl heads/faces (@bunnymachine - IG). Also Daryl Rodriguez was busting out some really pretty girls a couple years ago' date=' too (@daryl_rodriguez - IG)[/quote']

Nice referral!

So many kick ass tattooers I follow are because if the members here. I want to finish my left arm with a lady head/bust, I've left my inner bicep blank just for that.. These two are def on my radar now! Thanks!!!

there was a dude at the SFO convention who's collecting a squid pant leg of lady heads from different artists. i don't know if he has 'em elsewhere, but he had some nice work going, from what i saw. does anyone know if he's on here, without me sifting thru this whole 28 page thread? sorry for my laziness, but i'd love to see 'em!

Glad they helped you out and you liked them! If it helps anymore too, Kim works at Classic Tattoo in Richmond, VA. and Daryl is at Hold It Down Tattoo in Richmond, VA. as well. Worth the trip to the city if you're into them!

Nice referral!

So many kick ass tattooers I follow are because if the members here. I want to finish my left arm with a lady head/bust, I've left my inner bicep blank just for that.. These two are def on my radar now! Thanks!!!

Glad they helped you out and you liked them! If it helps anymore too' date=' Kim works at Classic Tattoo in Richmond, VA. and Daryl is at Hold It Down Tattoo in Richmond, VA. as well. Worth the trip to the city if you're into them! [/quote']

I'm in central NC near Raleigh(right off of i95) so it's not a bad trip. I'll be going through there in two weeks on the way to N VA, if time allows I'll stop in and take a look around. We'll be on a long vacation so money will be tight but I'd like to stop by have the conversation. Thanks again!

• 1 month later...

I've been loving the Gibson girl heads Ron Wells has been doing lately and was wondering if anyone on here has an adaptation of a Gibson girl. I particularly like "The Eternal Question" based on Evelyn Nesbit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, who has a pretty fascinating/tragic life story.

I didn't used to think I'd want a girl head...

I know this thread is over a month old but I found this a couple days ago and I love love love her face! Not so much the mouse.
I've been loving the Gibson girl heads Ron Wells has been doing lately and was wondering if anyone on here has an adaptation of a Gibson girl. I particularly like "The Eternal Question" based on Evelyn Nesbit - Wikipedia' date=' the free encyclopedia[/url'], who has a pretty fascinating/tragic life story. I didn't used to think I'd want a girl head...

I feel the same way I'm so indecisive when it comes to tattoo's. there is a company called [edited] that will make you custom fake tattoo's so you can see what they look like before you get any work done. Trust me it will save you big time. I always wanted this spider web design, I got the temp tattoo's just to see what they would look like and it looked horrible so I ended going with something totally different.

Let's see, a new member, both posts praising a temporary tattoo company, conveniently providing a link. Subtle, very subtle.

For a while now, I've been considering a lady head as the main piece on my left arm (which is currently completely empty). I love the look of them, but I have this nagging feeling in the back of my mind that it would look too feminine for a guy to have it as a big tattoo on such a visible area. I'm pretty sure I'll get one eventually, just can't decide where.

For a while now, I've been considering a lady head as the main piece on my left arm (which is currently completely empty). I love the look of them, but I have this nagging feeling in the back of my mind that it would look too feminine for a guy to have it as a big tattoo on such a visible area. I'm pretty sure I'll get one eventually, just can't decide where.

Why is it feminine for a guy to have a big tattoo of a beautiful lady? That's manly as fuck. seriously, i've seen men from every walk of life, with all different styles of tattoos, with tattoos of beautiful women. I get shit all the time from my family members because apparently as a woman it's weird to have two lady heads on me. Do you bro, you won't regret it

For a while now' date=' I've been considering a lady head as the main piece on my left arm (which is currently completely empty). I love the look of them, but I have this nagging feeling in the back of my mind that it would look too feminine for a guy to have it as a big tattoo on such a visible area. I'm pretty sure I'll get one eventually, just can't decide where.[/quote']

I have exactly that from marija ripley and I'm stoked over it every single day. Go for it.

I'm having the opposite problem. As others have mentioned, it's manly as fuck to have pretty girls on your arm. They remind me of classier pin-ups, which are just about as manly a tattoo as you can get. As a girl, I almost feel like it's too manly for me haha.

^^^I think this really comes down to the wearer. There's the great old-school image of a tough sailor with a pretty woman on him as some sort of token, but several of my female friends have lady heads and/or pin-ups and they look fantastic on them (without being "too manly").

I guess this applies to most tattoo imagery as well. Roses (and flowers in general) are often considered to be "girly" in our society, but I (a man) can't get enough of 'em in tattoos!

I couldn't think of anything more manlier than a dude with a gorgeous lady head front and centre on his arm. Same goes with women, I think they are also so feminine. I guess they bring out the best in both sexes! :-)

I have a lady head on the outside of my right thigh and I just adore her, there are some pics in my intro thread if anyone is interested in taking a peek.

On a slightly different side note, (not that I want to derail this thread) has anyone seen a "man head" tattoo? Very curious!

Was eating at a restaurant in Greenwich a couple of years ago and saw a woman with a full sleeve of lady heads and roses. Was clearly a few years old but had aged brilliantly. More importantly she wore them fantastically, I think a lot of subject matter in tattoos can really be gender neutral, as long as it suits the wearer. A gentleman with a ladyhead will still be a gentleman, a sleezeball will still be a sleezeball.

On a slightly different side note, (not that I want to derail this thread) has anyone seen a "man head" tattoo? Very curious!

I asked about women having girls tattooed on them a while back b/c my husband isn't too keen on the idea, so I wondered if I was weird (not that I care if he doesn't like it), and was told to look up Tom of Finland. It was interesting!

Not to sound dumb but, do you just find pics of heads you like and have the artist draw something up for you, or do you look someplace for flash? Now that I find out the one I fell head over heals in love with is a painting from someone I'll never be able to get to, I'm not sure where to go/look.