Lady Heads

• 1 month later...

I'm sure she's been mentioned here already but Kim Anh Nguyen's lady heads are beautiful. I have a gramaphone piece from her but I need to get back to the Dam to get a lady head.

Guen Douglas also does some lovely lady heads but I think I prefer her man heads.

Would love to get a portrait of my parents done by Kim and Guen.

Hi everyone,

Perhaps someone can help - My wife and I have been pouring through images, including every page in this thread. We are looking for some pics or flash of a ladyhead in profile, with butterfly wings along the side and back of her head. I feel certain I have seen Mario Desa or maybe Valerie Vargas post tattoos like this, but I can't for the life of me turn anything up today. Any thoughts?

Hi everyone' date=' Perhaps someone can help - My wife and I have been pouring through images, including every page in this thread. We are looking for some pics or flash of a ladyhead in profile, with butterfly wings along the side and back of her head. I feel certain I have seen Mario Desa or maybe Valerie Vargas post tattoos like this, but I can't for the life of me turn anything up today. Any thoughts?[/quote']

Sound like you have the idea you want already nailed down in your mind. At this point I'd suggest finding an artist you like and let him/her design something completely original for you instead of using someone else's flash.

Sound like you have the idea you want already nailed down in your mind. At this point I'd suggest finding an artist you like and let him/her design something completely original for you instead of using someone else's flash.

Thanks. We are looking for a wide selection of this sort of design. My wife is considering it as a tattoo, and I am interested to see how the design has changed and been modified over time. I'm curious to see what different artists have done with the design.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll look through my Dietzel books when I get home later.

Thanks, Harry! (What Dietzel books do you have?)

Thanks. We are looking for a wide selection of this sort of design. My wife is considering it as a tattoo, and I am interested to see how the design has changed and been modified over time. I'm curious to see what different artists have done with the design.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, Harry! (What Dietzel books do you have?)

I have the Dietzel books 2 from Solid State. I'll also check my recently purchased Lost Love book for other examples.

This sounds urgent so I will leave work immediately so this matter can be resolved as soon as possible! Haha

I have the Dietzel books 2 from Solid State. I'll also check my recently purchased Lost Love book for other examples.

This sounds urgent so I will leave work immediately so this matter can be resolved as soon as possible! Haha

Excellent! I think you could probably take the rest of the week off, too - should your research go long!

- - - Updated - - -

Update @BrianH I just found the Dietzel books and ordered them. I still kick myself for not going to Great Lakes to see the Dietzel exhibit they ran through January.

Hi everyone,

Perhaps someone can help - My wife and I have been pouring through images, including every page in this thread. We are looking for some pics or flash of a ladyhead in profile, with butterfly wings along the side and back of her head. I feel certain I have seen Mario Desa or maybe Valerie Vargas post tattoos like this, but I can't for the life of me turn anything up today. Any thoughts?

There's at least one example of this in Flash From The Past too. It's on a sheet from the 1920s from an unknown artist. It's on page 63 of the book if you (or somebody at The Pearl) has it. There are plenty of other lady heads with butterfly wings in the book, but that's the only one I found in profile from a quick glance through of the book.

There's at least one example of this in Flash From The Past too. It's on a sheet from the 1920s from an unknown artist. It's on page 63 of the book if you (or somebody at The Pearl) has it. There are plenty of other lady heads with butterfly wings in the book, but that's the only one I found in profile from a quick glance through of the book.

Thanks, Graeme. I'll check it out. I suspect they'll have it at The Pearl. I did a quick check for the book online, but at over $1,000 CDN, I'll have to find someone who has a copy.

Thanks, Graeme. I'll check it out. I suspect they'll have it at The Pearl. I did a quick check for the book online, but at over $1,000 CDN, I'll have to find someone who has a copy.

I can only assume that they have either that or the Revisited book. It's a cool book, but not nearly cool enough to spend that kind of money on it.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi everyone,

@Mark Bee - I know I'm 3 weeks late to the party, but here are my favorites:

Steve Byrne - Instagram

Bailey Hunter Robinson -

lady | Copper Beehive - Tattooing by Bailey Hunter Robinson

_MG_3183 | Copper Beehive - Tattooing by Bailey Hunter Robinson

IMG_4531 | Copper Beehive - Tattooing by Bailey Hunter Robinson

Those are are amazing! Probably the loveliest I've seen!

Those are amazing! And, exactly what we were looking for. Thank you.