Lady Heads

Is freckles on lady heads a new thing? The first time I noticed a lady head with freckles is that one Valerie Vargas did on somebody from here (I can't remember who, sorry) but since then I've seen more and more of them. I don't know if it's just because I'm paying closer attention to them or because they've become kind of a trend. Whatever the case, I love it.

• 2 weeks later...
Tony Nilsson at Blue Arms Tattoo in Oslo, Norway is doing incredible girl heads in my opinion. I just recently started paying attention to his work and it is very solid. I would definitely love to get a tattoo from this guy.

Hope to get something from him when he's at the strasbourg convention in may.

I've gotta admit, I never noticed the lack of black women in flash/tattoos before. I feel kinda stupid now. Done by Dusty Neal (more info at THE STATIC AGE, I started thinking one day how I )

tumblr_mj6lpnpnuk1qaozu0o1_1280.jpg

This is really awesome, I saw this reposted somewhere but the idiot did not credit the artist, I am so glad I know who painted this now, I just emailed him inquiring about a possible print. FYI, Freddy Corbin has been drawing black pin-ups for years, another reason to love Freddy.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
So I just came back to this thread... man I fucking love lady head tattoos. So beautiful. I now have two, and idk, I thought about maybe one more in the future(way in the future), but when can one have too many lady heads?

I don't think you can have too many! I'm getting my first in July. Still can't decide what to get though... I'll have to browse through this thread for the millionth time again to generate even more ideas to choose from... Lol

I'm starting to think of getting one on each thigh. One now and one down the road when I have another good theme for one. And perhaps incorporating one on my left arm whenever I start that project.

Once again I say, get all the lady heads!!!

My new favorite is Marija Ripley from Sailors Grave in Copenhagen. Absolutely unreal. (And I'm super photo-posting illiterate, so just look her up, sorry!)

Marija is awesome! My wife and I got tattooed at The Sailor's Grave on our honeymoon (although not by Marija), and she recommended a kick ass restaurant and helped us get a reservation for that night. Really sweet lady. Her husband, Judd does some really rad large-scale traditional stuff. Super-sized battle royale back pieces and whatnot.

Super cool shop, too. And they have good coffee.

And to address the actual thread topic: Mina Aoki at Fun City does a pretty good thing with ladies in general and heads in particular.

That last sentence reads a lot creepier than I intended it.

Anyway, I already posted this in the "latest lowdown" thread so sorry for the doubling up, but I just got this one from her.

ladyhead_thumb.jpeg