Tight-Lines

currently cooking this up:

baked garlic potato wedges/fries and cheeseburgers seasoned with a shit ton of deliciousness

hell yes

Looking fwd to this post workout meal......mmmmmm

Word on the streets is at the fight night at our friends house tonight we're having mexican food from La Pueblo in San Rafeal....Tammy, Steve, Barbie...is this true?????

Had a customer today who gave me a jar of olives.

She grew the olives at her home in Greece prepared them herself and bottled them in olive oil she pressed herself.

She worked really hard and they looked great.

I was gutted, they are way too salty to eat.

totally jealous.

i want to start preserving olives. i love olives.

In Portland and went to friends bday party with make your own pizzas. After convincing the party that I used to spin dough in Italy (yes, I said spin), I made my pizza with pepperoni, mushrooms, red onion, jalapeño, pineapple and fresh basil. Deeeeelish! Next post will be all the restaurants we hit up that were on Diners Drive Ins and Dives.

In Portland and went to friends bday party with make your own pizzas. After convincing the party that I used to spin dough in Italy (yes, I said spin), I made my pizza with pepperoni, mushrooms, red onion, jalapeño, pineapple and fresh basil. Deeeeelish! Next post will be all the restaurants we hit up that were on Diners Drive Ins and Dives.

I saw Sol Food on there and got really excited. I know its pricey, but its delish.

just discovered how easy it is to make quick vegan refried beans! i think i need to make a vegan version of this Jake.

What do you substitute for the lard- some kind of oil? Also I'm hesitant of the "quick" part of that statement. With the last couple batches I've made I've found the longer I cook them for the better they are.

What do you substitute for the lard- some kind of oil? Also I'm hesitant of the "quick" part of that statement. With the last couple batches I've made I've found the longer I cook them for the better they are.

i'm sure the longer you cook them, the better they turn out, but it was late and i was craving rice and bean burritos with refried beans and i only had canned whole pintos haha. i just used olive oil and mashed them up, reserved some of their juices and added a little watter just to thin it out a bit. they went through this weird magical transformation (seriously, they went from brown to white then back to brown again), but tasted super good. between this and homemade tortillas using olive oil, i'm a firm believer that it brings something to the table when it comes to mexican food. then again, i love olives and just about anything affiliated so i'm biased.

i'm sure the longer you cook them, the better they turn out, but it was late and i was craving rice and bean burritos with refried beans and i only had canned whole pintos haha. i just used olive oil and mashed them up, reserved some of their juices and added a little watter just to thin it out a bit. they went through this weird magical transformation (seriously, they went from brown to white then back to brown again), but tasted super good. between this and homemade tortillas using olive oil, i'm a firm believer that it brings something to the table when it comes to mexican food. then again, i love olives and just about anything affiliated so i'm biased.

agreed upon olive oil. we've been getting these huge bottles from costco of their kirkland brand organic olive oil that's pretty good. use it with everything!

that's crazy about the color changes too. maybe it was just the skins coming off revealing the whiteish bean inside and then it all getting mashed together to make it brown again.