Tight-Lines

Last night made fried chicken that marinated in egg and sriracha for twenty-four hours then rolled it in a panko and falafel batter. Been working on my fried chicken lately......

Also getting ready for the cold weather and soup making season....mmmmm

you know i a=love my fried chicken...best recipe i tried was thomas keller's recipe. he brines his in lemon, seasoning, garlic, then does a double dredge. it is kind of labor intensive but really great.

in a pinch this is a super flavorful and easy oven fried chicken recipe (only 4 ingredients and that even includes salt and if you don't have time to marinate it still comes out great).

Crispy 5 Spice chicken Drumsticks

crispy_5spcie_chickensm1.jpg

Was that the one from your blog. If so yes, and I got my mom into it as well.
YAY!!..it is so good to make on cold days. you can split the broth and put some in the freezer. I love it with the ox tails because the meat is so tender and fatty...

• 5 weeks later...

Hi firstley i like to cook my own stuff as my girl is pretty useless .

i bought her a microwave in the summer and said now u can screw my food up in a minute and a half.

but she has always had a good head for money. she has a slot just above the hairline.

i made some muesli the other morning. fxxk thats like kitty litter with sultanas lol

herbal tea who likes that. thats an aquired taste t say the least.

i like a nice steak well done. jacket potato and some green stuff. come on we cant all be salad dodgers.

the thing is our weight is normally worked out by our height. by my calculations i should be 7ft2

Hi firstley i like to cook my own stuff as my girl is pretty useless .

i bought her a microwave in the summer and said now u can screw my food up in a minute and a half.

but she has always had a good head for money. she has a slot just above the hairline.

i made some muesli the other morning. fxxk thats like kitty litter with sultanas lol

herbal tea who likes that. thats an aquired taste t say the least.

i like a nice steak well done. jacket potato and some green stuff. come on we cant all be salad dodgers.

the thing is our weight is normally worked out by our height. by my calculations i should be 7ft2

Hilar! The trick is to get a tape worm like me then you can eat like you're 7'2"

Made some home-made baked beans.

Fry four chopped onions in a pan for about fifteen minutes, in a heaped teaspoon of paprika. Chuck in 25g of butter and then when its melted 6 cans of beans (cannellini, pinto) and 2 cans of chopped tomatos. Stir in some chilli, 3 bay leaves and cook on a very low heat for about 1.5 hrs, careful not to split the beans or make mush of them.

Meanwhile blend a fistful of bread, seven slices of bacon and three sprigs of rosemary. Then chuck this mix on top of the baked beans and put the whole load in an oven (pre-heated to 180 degrees) and cook for another hour until golden brown on top.

It's another Jamie Oliver recipe.

• 2 weeks later...

Ate at some great restaurants not a million miles away from Frith St. Tattoo.

Friday night: Abeno Too. Pretty authentic (in taste, if not setting) okonomiyaki place. They served Asahi kuro nama (black lager), a bonus.

Saturday night: Hawksmoor Seven Dials. Shared a 1.4 kg steak with beef dripping chips. If you like Old Fashioneds, the bar makes an interesting 'tobacco Old Fashioned' using a homemade tobacco bitters. They spray some kind of alcohol on the ice and light it to fast-melt them into icewater also... Unusual take on preparing the OF, basically, but it tasted reassuringly traditional.

Sunday lunch: Polpo, a venetian tapas place in Soho. The bartender mixes a pretty good Old Fashioned here also.