Tight-Lines

• 1 month later...

Homemade burgers with melted blue cheese on top and a big bottle of rogue porter... OM NOM NOM.

Defrosted the fridge freezer (yeah, my glamorous day-off) so I 'have' to have about a kilo of steak and eggs in the morning. It's rough, but I'll get through it.

Hood mimosa sounds better.

I guess there is more to it than both of explanations, even though I dislike using Wikipedia as a source of viable information...

Brass Monkey (cocktail) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

yeah, that's not totally accurate since it says beer then lists old english and then the next paragraph which says the use of malt liquor which is what old english is...

• 3 weeks later...

last night in LA a colleague took @Barbie Doll and I out to Eva Restaurant and it was amazing! When I wake up thinking about the meal I had the previous night I know my stomach really liked it!!

We did the five course chefs tasting which ended up being:

1) egg, cauliflower, mustard sabayon, regianno

2) a single live scallop, cooked on the hibachi, french butter, yuzu, black truffle (AMAZING!)

3) foie gras "torchon", smoked walnuts, pink lady apple

4) line caught john dory, english peas, almond milk, fried capers

and for the fifth course they brought us out one of each dessert

A) Lemon Souffle Cake

B) Chocolate Terrine

C) some cold apple soup (I liked this the best though the rest of the table only thought it was good)

• 2 weeks later...
bread making 1st try w/this recipe...

541867_10150630905583244_572518243_9256037_1073036601_n.jpg

also making french onion soup to go with :)

the start...

536798_10150630927203244_572518243_9256087_966778439_n.jpg

cibo, Love making bread! it is so tasty and makes the house all warm...have you made no knead bread? It is great because you can just put it in your fridge and take out a handful at a time to bake...i can make like 2-3 small loaves that are perfect for dinner and it is only like 3 mins of putting it together: Easy No-Knead Bread Pictorial | Marin Homestead

cibo, Love making bread! it is so tasty and makes the house all warm...have you made no knead bread? It is great because you can just put it in your fridge and take out a handful at a time to bake...i can make like 2-3 small loaves that are perfect for dinner and it is only like 3 mins of putting it together: Easy No-Knead Bread Pictorial | Marin Homestead

thanks for the recipe Tammy...will try, always looking for new things :) and yea, the baking bread smell is so good!