Tight-Lines

I love Pizza!! i try my hardest to eat healthy and i found a store bought thin crust that is amazing. i made some last night and i brushed the crust with olive oil and sprinkled with oregano and topped it with marinated artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, mushrooms and hearbed goat cheese. mmmm i think it was my best pizza creation to date!

roasted cauliflower is so easy and delicious....cauliflower is a very underrated vegetable.

here is a cauliflower gratin i make...yes it is my food blog but under construction: Cauliflower Gratin

also: love Pork Belly...here is a braised pork belly sandwich with a basil spread.

that gratin picture looks great Tammy!! mmm Cowgirl Creamery cheese too. I always love when we have leftovers of their cheese at work :)

roasted cauliflower is so easy and delicious....cauliflower is a very underrated vegetable.

here is a cauliflower gratin i make...yes it is my food blog but under construction: Cauliflower Gratin

also: love Pork Belly...here is a braised pork belly sandwich with a basil spread.

Thanks for that, I love trying new foods. This sounds so good

Great idea....we cook a whole bunch in our house. I'll try and put stuff up here regularly. Tammy is always cooking super good food and her blog is beyond rad......it is an earthquake of bitching!

Last night or rather all day yesterday I made a homemade mexican style soup and tacos. Here it is:

Slow cooked for three or four hours a chicken broth with jalapenos, onions, garlic, and tomato paste then strained and placed back in the slower cooker. Then added new/more onions, hominy, New Mexico hatced green chiles, corn and slow cooked for two or three hours more. Once done served in bowls with cheese and tortilla chips over the top with some tacos.

My obsession for cooking lately has been soups. Jake's potato and leek soup this past week was a hurricane of awesomeness! Also Jake and I are planning a chile cook off in the house this winter and we'll post that up here too.

Keep the food coming!!

Tammy is always cooking super good food and her blog is beyond rad......it is an earthquake of bitching!

Um, an earthquake of bitching? That's not a nice thing to say, Loch.

Tammy, when will you be putting up your vegan, wheat free, toddler friendly, 30 minutes or less blog? I just got home and ate an avocado and I'm still hungry, looks like it's Mary's Gone Crackers and homemade hummus for me again. Fridge is full of produce possibilities, but I'm not feeling inspired to cook, too cold and rainy.

Tammy, when will you be putting up your vegan, wheat free, toddler friendly, 30 minutes or less blog? I just got home and ate an avocado and I'm still hungry, looks like it's Mary's Gone Crackers and homemade hummus for me again. Fridge is full of produce possibilities, but I'm not feeling inspired to cook, too cold and rainy.

i actually have a tn of recipes and pics i have to post but haven't had time...we moved the blog to wordpress with the garden blog so we are working out the kinks and in our list of priorities, those sites are on the bottom.

but here is a great cauliflower crust pizza that i think you will like...gluten free...you can use the "dough" to make breadsticks as well...very yummy

Ingredients

1 cup cauliflower, grated

1/2 cup shredded light mozarella cheese

1 egg

1 tsp oregano

2 tsp basil

2 tsp parsley

1/2 tsp fennel

1 green pepper

1 onion

1 tomato

Garlic powder, to taste

Directions

Chop pepper, onion and tomato. Set aside. Steam the cauliflower, let it cool and then grate it.

Combine grated cauliflower with the mozzarella and egg in a large bowl. Spray a circular or rectangular metal pan with cooking spray before spreading the dough evenly. Sprinkle the dough with fennel, oregano, parsley and basil. Add garlic powder.

Bake at 450° F for 12-15 minutes. Remove the dough from the oven and sprinkle chopped green pepper, onion and tomato, as well as the remaining mozzarella cheese on top. Return the pizza to the oven. Turn the heat up to broil and leave in until the cheese has melted and the crust is crispy.

Tammy, I love you to pieces, but mozzerella and eggs are not vegan! I do buy frozen gluten free pizza crusts at Mariposa bakery, though, which makes it even quicker, and pizza's always kid friendly. Little pizza sauce, bag of TJ's shreaded cheese, and it's on!

Bitching as in seventies surfer terminology for awesome, radical, tubular, insane, epic, rad, and so forth. Oh this takes me back to the movie Big Wednesday, such a classic! Anyways back to food..... I have always been doing a lot of stuff with poached eggs lately.

I haven't been cooking a lot recently. It's amazing how busy you get once you're unemployed! I did have lunch with a girlfriend recently and made T.B.L.A.T (turkey, bacon, lettuce, avocado, tomato) on sliced sourdough. Soooo delish and so easy. Anything with bacon and sourdough is sure to be a winner.