Tight-Lines

Double bubble woo. Old Fashioneds with Brussel Sprouts at Friar Tuck's. I like how they use a strong-tasting rail whiskey and a ton of bitters. Some places try to motherfuck you and pour it really light. Not Friar Tuck's. I like to ride my bicycle out there and have 4 of them with a hoagie.

:D

I just pulled a bottle of brewdogg 77 lager from the fridge... And a glass from the freezer. Stuck it in there for about 10 minutes and it got that nice frosted outer and inner coating. any longer and it would probably have cracked or something, but drinking beer from it now puts me right back to sitting in Japan... Almost all of the beer there seemed to come in ice-encrusted glasses. If you're going to drink icy cold lager this is the way to do it.

Drink of Kings.

I spent about 45 minutes tonight in the aisle of the local liquor store debating Makers/Ginger vs. Jim/Coke...Jim/Coke won tonight. Jim/Ginger is my drink. Cheers.

45minutes, thats a man making a calculated decision. I can get down with that.

• 2 weeks later...

Made a candied pecan and apple salad last night for the missus.

25g caster sugar and 25g butter carmelised in a pan on low heat, then stir in about 100g of pecans. Let them cool (and make sure to seperate them out or they'll end up like a brittle). Meanwhile mix up a dressing with juice and zest of an orange, a teaspoon of djion mustard, 3-4 desert spoons of good quality olive oil and a desert spoon of white wine vinegar. Add salt and pepper and whisk. Then serve all of the above on rocket with a few good chunks of cored apple.

Made home-made burgers for afterwards, served them without a bun but with bacon and cheese. Lo-carb for the win.

Ice cold cider on a typically ice cold English Summers Eve. One of the few places on earth, during summer, where you leave the drink out of the fridge to chill it down.

This is really good cider. Medium dry and made from a single apple variety.

2012-06-03200953.jpg

My mate's 30th party last night.

1 x old fashioned

2 x pints tuborg

5 x shots of something multi-coloured (it was like waves of alien fighters attacking earth, they just kept coming)

3 x more old fashioneds

Quite sick today. When I left the bar my girlfriend realised she had forgotten her umbrella. I duly went back in - just in time to seperate my friend who was grappling with a bouncer trying to eject him for being 'too drunk' (quite a feat in a bar in Dublin on a Saturday night). I ended up dragging him out myself, which was better than letting the bouncers relieve their bordedom by giving him a hammering. Of course, once outside he called me a 'homo' for frogmarching him out and then fell asleep in the taxi - classic 30th behaviour.

Today went to an Indian and had an amazing Goan meatball curry. Nothing like a load of spices to shake out the hangover.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...