Tight-Lines

I had a deep fried Mars bar for the first time last night and it was amazing. I lived in Scotland for three years and figured that shit was just for the tourists but if I knew how delicious they actually are I would have taken advantage of that shit all the time.

[ATTACH]8519[/ATTACH]

Beef and stout stew. I used a strong craft stout called O Haras Leanne Follain. Far more flavour than Guinness...

[ATTACH]8520[/ATTACH]

It's a bold statement, but I believe this is the best Irish stout available today, hands down.

Looks tasty, but I don't think that brew is available here.

Some super stouts and porters made in the U.S too, for sure...

I think I had a Founder's breakfast stout at Publican in Chicago last year... For brunch. It'd put hairs on your chest. Had head cheese while I was there too... That was less successful.

• 1 month later...

why's my gin brown? because it's full of deliciousness...

381594_10151331413803244_410357411_n.jpg

didn't realize it was cask strength (124 proof) till i drank that first one...

Rusty Blade "K&L Exclusive" Single Barrel Cask Strength Barrel-Aged Gin

tried mixing with apple cider & a splash of seltzer, but i think on the rocks (w/a bit of water) is the best so far

My old lady is Italian, so we dont go out for Italian food. Calzones, pizza, or for a snack a little homemade sourdough bread and a small plate of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and a dash of minced garlic to dip. Heaven. Of course biscotti and pizelle's for dessert. And many a shot of Pisa. This stuff dont pack a big punch, but the flavor is insane

• 1 month later...

I've spent the last year ordering and testing out various meads. To be honest, the best come from a small farm just north of Toronto, and from an amazing meadery in Quebec. A good friend of mine has recently started making mead at home and after a few false starts has turned out some very nice stuff.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...