Tight-Lines

I made a big pot of spaghetti sauce the other day. Lots of garlic, crushed tomatoes, pork neck bones, meatballs and hot sausage. I still have to throw it back on the stove for a couple of hours, already had one meal out of it. There's about 6 quarts left, 1/2 I will freeze and have next week.

Rob

I made a big pot of spaghetti sauce the other day. Lots of garlic, crushed tomatoes, pork neck bones, meatballs and hot sausage. I still have to throw it back on the stove for a couple of hours, already had one meal out of it. There's about 6 quarts left, 1/2 I will freeze and have next week.

This is why I miss New York.

Haha, I lived there for 23 years and mostly only miss Italian food and delivery. And maybe not having to drive anywhere.

The Italian food is the best in NYC. Little Italy is a must-to-do when you're in Manhattan. I still love riding the subways, they take you anywhere and everywhere.

Rob

The Italian food is the best in NYC. Little Italy is a must-to-do when you're in Manhattan. I still love riding the subways' date=' they take you anywhere and everywhere.

Rob[/quote']

Only been to NYC once, to repossess a car in Lower Manhattan.. It turned out a lot better then It could have but first impressions being what they are, I'm in no rush to get back there.. I'd like to see what's to be seen in the better parts and have some of this great Italian food ppl rave about, guess you could say its on my bucket list.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just ate the most disgusting thing I've ever put in my mouth (and I've eaten camel).

UNREFINED COCOA BEANS.

Just a few flakes gave me an instant headache- my body wanted to reject it instantly, I thought I was allergic for a moment there. Nope- it's just pure evil, and the cursed ghost of it is haunting my digestive tract.

Pfffft. You're straight up tripping.

Those restaurants down there are geared for tourists who know mostly nothing about Italian food.

Why do you think they need 'barkers' out front?

You're better off going uptown, like Harlem or spots in the Bronx. Like Arthur Avenue. Hell, I bet you could find better Italian restaurants in the outer boroughs like Brooklyn, Queens or, dare I say, Staten Island.

I know I can sound brash at times, but don't think I'm scolding you.

Sorry if I'm passionate about being a fat ass too.

Agree..I think back in the day it was a legitimate little Italy with authentic Italian restaurants and wise guys roaming the streets.I actually like walking in Chinatown,and eating Chinese food much better.Its just more interesting food than what you get at an Italian restaurant.I've had some good Italian sandwiches in Brooklyn & Queens.Bensonhurst used to be all Italians,but know a lot of Russians.Anthony Bourdain visited some interesting places in Brooklyn on his show.

No Reservations | Brooklyn

Randazzos Clam Bar looks like an old time Italian restaurant.

Leo's Latticini Mama's - New York, NY | Yelp

I had a roast pork sandwich with their homemade mozzarella years ago,and it was delicious.

Had a real good sandwich at this deli in Brooklyn some years ago.And afterward went to get tattooed at Designs by Michael Angelo on 16th ave & 62nd St.

Lioni Italian Heroes

HARRY POTTER BERTIE BOTTS 20 FLAVOUR BOX | United Sweets

I tried Black Pepper, my daughter tried Soap, and my wife just about spat out Rotten Eggs

No one is game enough to try Vomit.

Those are good stuff. Haven't had them in a number of years, but I'm pretty sure I tried them all. I thought Dirt was pretty tasty, but found Earth Worm tasted like dirt.

Every damn day I eat 8 eggs [7 whites, 1 whole], 2 chicken breasts, rice, sweet potato, and a couple protein shakes with almond butter :(. I don't get to eat good food anymore, except every 3rd friday I get French Toast at Wimpy's, and 2/3 Sundays I get pasta dinner at my grandparents. Le very big sigh.

Every damn day I eat 8 eggs [7 whites, 1 whole], 2 chicken breasts, rice, sweet potato, and a couple protein shakes with almond butter :(. I don't get to eat good food anymore, except every 3rd friday I get French Toast at Wimpy's, and 2/3 Sundays I get pasta dinner at my grandparents. Le very big sigh.

Can I ask why you would do that to yourself?