Upcoming Tattoos

CultExciter

Back to Kincardine on Saturday morning to finish outline on my back, not sure what else we'll be doing, probably not much I'm heading for holiday in St Lucia at the end of the month and want to make sure all healed for that. Back at in in full force Dec 12 though

If it's any consolation, for as much as the back sucks to get tattooed, I've found that it's a really quick and easy heal until you get to ass and back of thighs going into knee ditch stuff. I got the top part of my back shaded on a Friday, the thing was almost peeled by the Monday.

@DeathB4Decaf - Ive got myself set up on a 6 week schedule from the 12 on, all Saturdays(shift work/on calls) hopefully get some good long days in, we're both hoping to have it finished by Montreal convention or be able to finish it at the convention. (I've never been to a convention and thought it would be a good time to go) hopefully we do cross paths, like I said, your drawing looks awesome would love to see it in person.

@Graeme - always like good news about quick healing. Im pretty fast healing when it comes to black, its any and all colour that seems to take forever.

If it's any consolation, for as much as the back sucks to get tattooed, I've found that it's a really quick and easy heal until you get to ass and back of thighs going into knee ditch stuff. I got the top part of my back shaded on a Friday, the thing was almost peeled by the Monday.

That's just because Dave's a wizard though, @Graeme. :)

Requesting opinions on this artist: krisford87 (instagram). I've been seeing his stuff around, and saw him doing a Dali elephant @ the Knoxville convention in August. Seems to do very good at detail and composition. I'm thinking about seeing if he can do my faked line (figure 8 of rope) that I want on my forearm. I'd much rather support local artists if their quality is great, and don't care about the top names. (Hope that doesn't sound bad - I do appreciate ALL good art!)

custom tapatalk sig goes here

My son's preschool changed the date on his Christmas program, so I had to reschedule my appointment. I couldn't miss the program.

So, instead of starting my back piece December 12, I'll be starting January 7 and 8. It was 20 degrees and snowy at home today. I'm hoping Tempe is nice and warm in January.

Already mentioned this in a thread i started in the "get togethers" section, but i'm scheduled to start my backpiece with Marius Meyer in December. Flights and hotel booked, no backing out now! Nothing concrete yet but it's going to be a battle royale type piece, definitely involving an eagle and perhaps a snake/skull, depending on size, placement etc.

Feels great to be finally getting it all started, i've been slowly putting the money away to one side to make sure i get used to not having it and left it a good amount of time to be 100% certain it's financially viable. Now my only concern (although not a huge one) is the healing process. I live alone so it's not going to be particularly easy to clean and apply cream etc.

I couldn't get in with Dominic at Big Brain until February 8th. Sad. They gave me the full four hour time slot so we can either finish what's left under my arm and maybe see what else can be drawn/outlined to expand the piece up and around the back of my shoulder, or just start w/that and work on doing all the outlining/shading first for the entire area before going back in to color. Whatever works best for him.

I'd hoped to be able to get in to him over Christmas break, and then again at Spring break, and in between times see Timm McKenny at Best of the Midwest convention, who did all my cherry blossoms for more work on that side. aaaand that idea totally failed.

I think I am getting a little tattoo by Uncle Allan in December... Just waiting to finalise it but all looks good. Actually a pretty accessible guy, as is often the case despite perceptions about endless waiting lists etc.

Thinking of asking him to do some of the flash from Halloween just gone...

Love Uncle Allen's stuff. Jealous! Hope you post up what you get. And I've found so many artists rumoured to have silly long lists typically don't.

Love Uncle Allen's stuff. Jealous! Hope you post up what you get. And I've found so many artists rumoured to have silly long lists typically don't.

I'll post it up!

Conspiracy Inc were really straightforward / cool by any standard- I said I was only in Berlin for two days, and they still managed to fit me in. Can't ask better than that.