Upcoming Tattoos

CultExciter

Haha...evidentally it wasn't that difficult. I have not been able to find any old folktales or storys about Joroguma. I just love the image and idea. I think it is going to make a really sweet pice. We are trying to get a large hairy ass spider on the stomach and show it turning into a woman on the chest. I kind of want to woman to be representative of a more ghostly yokai look.

I can't wait to see - love your concept!

For all you Japanese folklore afficianados out there...I am starting work on my torso next week Thursday. We are going with a "Joroguma" theme. First person to tell me what that is wins a virtual hug ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Matt Arriola was going to try and finish off my 3/4 sleeve with a Joroguma theme, but it wasn't working with what I already have. Instead we are going to use the stuff he drew up on my knee. The Horiyoshi II Joroguma backpiece is one of my all time favourite backpieces.

Had to spend my tattoo money on fixing my car :( ...hate it when tattoo plans get canceled! I'm saving to get in with Tomas Garcia soon, I saw a great piece from his book of line drawings on here recently, probably going to get something out of there.

I just scored an appointment with Nick Colella when he guests at Pearl Harbor in Toronto this April. Very stoked, but now I have to figure what to get!

Hope you're thinking traditional! To that end, get your hands on a book of Sailor Jerry's stuff and have at it!

Many times people think of traditional as strictly old-school sailor type work. I may be deviating from accepted definitions here, but I would put Sailor Jerry's Japanese-style work in with traditional, as well as CLiff Raven's Japanese-inspired stuff. It may have been radically different back in the day, but now, it's recognized as having set the stage for that type of tattooing in the States. To my mind, that makes it traditional!

Anyhow-enjoy, and say hi to Nick for me.

Hope you're thinking traditional! To that end, get your hands on a book of Sailor Jerry's stuff and have at it!

Many times people think of traditional as strictly old-school sailor type work. I may be deviating from accepted definitions here, but I would put Sailor Jerry's Japanese-style work in with traditional, as well as CLiff Raven's Japanese-inspired stuff. It may have been radically different back in the day, but now, it's recognized as having set the stage for that type of tattooing in the States. To my mind, that makes it traditional!

Anyhow-enjoy, and say hi to Nick for me.

I'm definitely thinking traditional. I've been pouring over books and images since I got word he could fit me in. So many possibilities! I'll defo say hi for you, Dan.

I currently have a three quarter sleeve in progress, from Mo Coppoletta at The Family Business in London, it is Japanese style with koi and autumnal Japanese Maple leaves. So far I have had four three hour sessions, all the outline and black shading is complete, I have two further sessions booked up (one mid March and one in early April) to complete the colour work. There are a few pictures which were taken after the second session on another thread: http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum/general-tattoo-discussion/15-latest-tattoo-lowdown-page297.html#post57495

In time I think I would like my other arm to have a design made up of several palm sized traditional western style images, loosely themed around exploration/travel, filled in with roses or grapevines along with few small fillers. My first thought towards this would be a lady head in the style of a twenties female aviator (along the lines of Amelia Earhart or Amy Johnson), if I go with this idea I will probably go to Valerie Vargas.

I am also thinking about a cheetah head on one of my knees, surrounded by pike lettering which reads "heart full of napalm" (a references to a Stooges lyric).

And, and, and, the list is endless.

I just scored an appointment with Nick Colella when he guests at Pearl Harbor in Toronto this April. Very stoked, but now I have to figure what to get!

He's coming in April? See this is what happens when I am away from my computer for 24hrs, I almost miss information like this. Now the question is do I try to get in to see him this time or wait... if I didn't have a tattoo booked for May already it would be a no-brainer. Hmmm.

I had 3 problems: 1. too much money 2. no planned tattoo untill May 3. was feeling low this friday

Now I came up with one solution to this and got me booked in for a 4 hour session with Iain Mullen @ Imperial Tattoo in Stockholm in less than 2 weeks from now :)

At first I wanted to talk to him about putting in a tiny filler pocket watch next to the elbow piece he did on me. It ended up with that and a hand holding a skull on my lower calf AND doing the lines for a major Judas-portrait (praying to god, wearing a devil mask, in a rain of gold coins and so on..) on the side of my tigh. Good times ahead, super stoked!

He's coming in April? See this is what happens when I am away from my computer for 24hrs, I almost miss information like this. Now the question is do I try to get in to see him this time or wait... if I didn't have a tattoo booked for May already it would be a no-brainer. Hmmm.

I have two appointments in March and then I saw Nick was coming. Oh well, my tax return is going to be well spent for once.

I have had my next appointment since before Christmas, but never felt it was "upcoming" enough to add to this thread...but I'm not waiting any longer :)

In May I'll be headed over to Scotland and getting tattooed by Joe Ellis at Lab Monkey Tattoo. He's actually moved on to a shop in Leeds but will be making his first guest spot back in Stirling during the week of my appointment.

Mike Fite is guesting at Howl Gallery/Tattoo in Fort Myers in two weeks so I'm swinging over there to get a variation of one of his broke-back girls/lady heads.

Saw Ross Nagle had a few openings left at Handcrafted Miami as of a few days ago but decided to pass since I had just set up the other appointment.

Hopefully this will stave off my itch for ink till my appointment in June w/ Heath Nock.

I already mentioned this in the "Relationships and Tattoos" thread, but now it's official. My plainskin wife has finally (somewhat suddenly) decided she would like to get a tattoo. Seeing the chance for relationship building, and also wanting to get a tattoo by Tim Pausinger for myself, I showed her The Pearl Harbor Gift Shop's website and artist portfolios. End result - on the 2nd of April I'm booked in with Tim (he had a cancellation) and my wife will be seeing Lissa Vino (Tuesdays are her walk-in days so we'll be driving up nice and early).

The more heavily tattooed among us probably experience this often, but this is the first time I've had an appointment booked for a significant tattoo (see 6 posts ago) and then squeezed a smaller one in before it. Very exciting!

just waiting for april. My bday gift from my sister will be a palm sized tattoo, like I gave to her for her birthday.

I have a whole bunch of ideas, but I dont know.

I don't really want it to have a meaning, just look nice.

I wish a palm sized snake would look good, cause I would get that.

So now I am stuck, trying to decide what I want.

No, don't say panther