Upcoming Tattoos

CultExciter

The worst part about getting tattoos is, as soon as you finish one, you are formulating for the next one. But I promised myself no more tattoos for a long time, simply because I'm 20 years old, already have 4, no need to go out and fill up my skin. Plus, I'm wondering if this is a phase I'll grow out of... I dont think so but just to be sure, I'm putting on the brakes. My sister, on the other hand, is chomping at the bit to get more, and I have my brother seriously considering them. It doesn't help that my friend (the one I have matching flapper tattoos with) just got a sick ass umbrella done on her arm right underneath where she put her flapper... My brain is going TATTOOS!!! While my common sense goes "Save your money, wait for months and months, look around, there's no rush"

The worst part about getting tattoos is, as soon as you finish one, you are formulating for the next one. But I promised myself no more tattoos for a long time, simply because I'm 20 years old, already have 4, no need to go out and fill up my skin. Plus, I'm wondering if this is a phase I'll grow out of... I dont think so but just to be sure, I'm putting on the brakes. My sister, on the other hand, is chomping at the bit to get more, and I have my brother seriously considering them. It doesn't help that my friend (the one I have matching flapper tattoos with) just got a sick ass umbrella done on her arm right underneath where she put her flapper... My brain is going TATTOOS!!! While my common sense goes "Save your money, wait for months and months, look around, there's no rush"

from my own personal experience,the answer is no to growing out of it,I am still getting tattoos,and I have been since I was about 25,I'm 53 now and don't see stopping this obsession anytime soon.

it IS addicting.

but you're also right that there is no hurry,at least for you, :cool:

Meh, just go for it haha. I'm freshly 21 and I have 10. If I didn't have to travel across the world to visit Smith St God knows how many more I'd have already.

aren't you just about running out of space, yet? :D

I'm gettin' there, I have to be pretty selective as to who tattoos the last couple of spaces. It's hard for me to figure out images that will fit as well, they're all fairly odd spaces..

I have a crazy idea in my head: tomorrow morning I should drive 4 hours down to NY to make appointments for 2014 with a famously hard to book artist... This is a good idea right?

This is a great idea.

I need to finally get around to booking with a few people around the city as well, I just keep getting sidetracked by smaller, more impulsive tattoos. In much the same form, I'm getting some work done this Sunday afternoon.

A lady head on the outside of my right bicep from Mina Aoki. She does some nice things with eyes and whatnot. (Mina Aoki | Just another WordPress.com site)

After that, the booking in advance and careful planning stage of my getting tattooed will begin.

...I hope. Although I don't want to completely abandon the more impulsive tattoos as well.

i have a crazy idea in my head: Tomorrow morning i should drive 4 hours down to ny to make appointments for 2014 with a famously hard to book artist... This is a good idea right?

it is a great idea do it

(ETA: Hahaha I wrote the above in all-caps but this smarter than me software was like "no, that's too much" and toned it down.)

I have a crazy idea in my head: tomorrow morning I should drive 4 hours down to NY to make appointments for 2014 with a famously hard to book artist... This is a good idea right?

Well worth the trip and tomorrow being June 1st, I have a feeling I know who the artist is and where too :p

Tell them I said "hello"

You guys are crazy. If I'm traveling I'm coming home with a tattoo. I wish getting tattooed was like restaurants, even the busy ones you can usually get a table if you just sit at the bar with little or no wait, I know random, but I always think about waiting for tattoos, when I drive by Outback Steakhouse and see people waiting in line, and wonder why? It makes waiting months to get tattooed seem like a sane idea.