Upcoming Tattoos

CultExciter

Wait, I thought Yoni Zilber was doing your back? But yeah, it's going to be major and I am really, really excited. Green Tara in the works!

I talked once with Yoni about doing the rest of my right arm, so from just above the elbow down, and I still want to do that, but I'm not really going to have enough available money to do that until I have my back done, so that's probably a year or two off. Besides, I'd prefer not to travel to do my back--travelling to do a sleeve was enough for me--especially when there are guys like Dave working locally.

I talked once with Yoni about doing the rest of my right arm, so from just above the elbow down, and I still want to do that, but I'm not really going to have enough available money to do that until I have my back done, so that's probably a year or two off. Besides, I'd prefer not to travel to do my back--travelling to do a sleeve was enough for me--especially when there are guys like Dave working locally.

Ah yeah, that makes a lot of sense. For some reason I had it in my head that it was a backpiece.

Hey guys, new to this forum in a bit of a dilemma would appreciate any help.

I have a tattoo I want covering up, I got this tattoo a year ago because I have a disability called autism and it's an autistic puzzle, but at the time I didn't want a sleeve tattoo but as you can tell by this image it has a lot of colour in it and sticks out really bad in the sun, would I be able to get this covered or if I can't what sleeve tattoo could I get that doesn't make this stick out so much?

Hey guys, new to this forum in a bit of a dilemma would appreciate any help.

I have a tattoo I want covering up, I got this tattoo a year ago because I have a disability called autism and it's an autistic puzzle, but at the time I didn't want a sleeve tattoo but as you can tell by this image it has a lot of colour in it and sticks out really bad in the sun, would I be able to get this covered or if I can't what sleeve tattoo could I get that doesn't make this stick out so much?

Tattoo I have: http://i62.tinypic.com/2jbmmad.jpg

The tattoo I would like to cover it with: http://i57.tinypic.com/28qussh.jpg[/

Have you thought about getting the sleeve on your other arm? A coverup often requires some amount of compromise and I'm not sure how well that kind of fine black & gray work covers. But I would ask your artist. What artists are you considering?

Also I assume you mean something in that style -- not a copy of another tattoo?

I have thought about that, but I would rather have it on my right arm due to being right handed, not sure on artist yet just going to check into my local tattoo parlour, and yes, something like that, that was the closest I could get to what I actually want I will be changing parts, but that's roughly what I want

I know that I've said it before, but Dave is a king among men. I can't wait to see your back as it progresses, @Graeme

Me too, man. I'm starting to get really excited for it, and I'm sure the experience of getting it will be as great as the tattoo will be. That said, I'm really not looking forward to getting my ass tattooed. It's gotta be done though.

Dave Cummings at PSC Tattoo. It's going to be what @BrianH said above. Or maybe a tiger, possibly fighting a snake. We'll see.

Oh man I'm jealous. I wanted to go to him for my back piece, but I couldn't justify the travel expenses on top of an already expensive piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@idyllsend Obviously I'm going to Dave because he makes really great tattoos, but I have to admit that it's a really nice bonus that the shop is about twenty minutes away by public transportation. I really like travelling for tattoos, but when you figure in travel costs, hotels, restaurants, having to take time off work, etc., it's a really massive commitment beyond just getting the tattoo, which is a pretty serious commitment by itself for large work.

@Euchild There are so many great ones!

Finishing mah buttcheeks with Scott Sylvia next weekend, its like an Ukiyo-e Geisha and some swans. Worth mentioning that IMHO Scott Sylvia's Japanese tattooing has got to be some of the most underrated and unassuming out there...not sure if we'll finish but I can't think of anyone who tattoos faster, guy is blazingly quick. Looking forward to posting the finished product.