Upcoming Tattoos

CultExciter

This is my new tattoo I'm getting! Starting it on the 28th this month! Had a friend draw my concept and gave it to my artist yesterday after he finished my half sleeve. Confused on if I want color or do black and grey with red for the wounds/eyes. It's going to be a whole calf sleeve! Going to have souls and smoke going around the rest of my calf and my artist thinks that putting a couple other zombie critters in it would really be cool! Can't wait!

Hey guys, new to the forum and don't have a tattoo yet. About to commit to my first one and I have just one question that I'd like to know beforehand. I'm planning on getting a half sleeve that goes up over my shoulder, covers part of my shoulder blade on my back and my entire left pec. I'm just curious about how long/how many sittings it will take to finish. The design I'm going for is going to be something similar to what The Rock has.

I got in! Getting a wolf crawling down my leg in a few hours.
oh my lord! You must show me, I love wolf tattoos <3 I need another but already have 2 lol

- - - Updated - - -

Hey guys, new to the forum and don't have a tattoo yet. About to commit to my first one and I have just one question that I'd like to know beforehand. I'm planning on getting a half sleeve that goes up over my shoulder, covers part of my shoulder blade on my back and my entire left pec. I'm just curious about how long/how many sittings it will take to finish. The design I'm going for is going to be something similar to what The Rock has.

Depends on your artist and how much detail you want. I could see that being 3 or 4 sessions that are at least 4 hours if you want a really nice tattoo! I'm not sure what the Rock has.

oh my lord! You must show me, I love wolf tattoos <3 I need another but already have 2 lol

- - - Updated - - -

Depends on your artist and how much detail you want. I could see that being 3 or 4 sessions that are at least 4 hours if you want a really nice tattoo! I'm not sure what the Rock has.

This is what I'm going for. The Rocks is more what I'm going for since it cuts off just above the elbow. Our Sheriff's Office makes us cover up anything beyond the elbow. I also want it to go up my neck slightly to where it can be seen in a regular t-shirt but not a button up or suit.

134FF39F-D4E2-4EF8-984E-2FE2FD03C20F_zpsd3temjun.jpg

A3CA76BB-328F-4B32-B17C-D38DED284DD9_zpsf5naidjc.jpg

Another thing I'm curious about is kinda an etiquette question. There's this artist in town who is, from what I'm told, one of the best in our corner of the state. Now granted I've only heard this from people who live in the same town where this guy works, but I've seen a few of his tattoos and they are quite good. My wife got one from him before we met, I think about 6 years ago and it looks really good but it's not the most complicated tattoo. Anyways, there's several artists in the shop where he works so is it frowned upon to ask for a specific person even if that person is busy and others aren't?

Here's an example of one he did for one of my friends about 5 or 6 years ago as well...tell me what you guys think about his work and if you would recommend going to him based on this:

00000000-0000-0000-0000-00000000070E_zpswtezudlm.jpg

Ok cool. My friend said that tiger paw took him 2 1/2 hours.

My half sleeve took 5 and a half hours, and my wolf paw with wolf inside it was 2 and a half hours as well. But all the patterns will take a while lol my zombie horse will take at least 3 hours just to get the horse, not including the background and other zombie animals!

@clemsonscj Maybe you should spend a little more time on here looking at pictures of the work members are getting. You don't necessarily have to go to those tattooers, but it will help teach you how to figure out what's good and what you like. I know it helped me tremendously. You don't seem completely sold on going to the person who did the wolf paw, so if you have doubts it's good to figure out where they're coming from. It could be much more exciting to go to someone whose work makes you think "wow" rather than "that's quite good."

@clemsonscj Maybe you should spend a little more time on here looking at pictures of the work members are getting. You don't necessarily have to go to those tattooers, but it will help teach you how to figure out what's good and what you like. I know it helped me tremendously. You don't seem completely sold on going to the person who did the wolf paw, so if you have doubts it's good to figure out where they're coming from. It could be much more exciting to go to someone whose work makes you think "wow" rather than "that's quite good."

Well that was actually something else I was gonna ask about. I have no idea how to distinguish between a good quality tattoo that I may think is bad simply because I don't like it and a bad tattoo artist who may have done an easy tattoo that I like very well. Put simply, I don't know what makes a good tattoo a good tattoo and a bad tattoo a bad tattoo. The two guys in my town that seem to have a good reputation are Debo of Blvd Tattoo Co., and Todd Wilson of Artistic Ink, Anderson. But Greenville, SC is only 20-30 minutes away and a much larger town, so if I had a way of researching the artists in that area I'd be more than willing to make the drive. I just don't know how to go about finding out who's the most reputable and talented artists. I've tried looking on here but I can't even find any mention of shops in my state.

Have you read through the "what makes a good tattoo" thread? Also, don't rule out driving out of state.

Re: "bad artist doing an easy tattoo that [you] like very well" - I'm not sure what an "easy" tattoo is. If you're talking something simple, an oft-repeated bit of wisdom on this board is that simple is difficult to do well.

But Greenville, SC is only 20-30 minutes away and a much larger town, so if I had a way of researching the artists in that area I'd be more than willing to make the drive. I just don't know how to go about finding out who's the most reputable and talented artists. I've tried looking on here but I can't even find any mention of shops in my state.

This isn't the right thread for this discussion. Go back over to your intro thread and ask this question or wait until you can start your own thread to do so - there are folks here who can give you recommendations for great places/people in your area. And yeah like @polliwog said, check out the thread http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum/general-tattoo-discussion/2396-what-makes-good-tattoo.html. You'll learn a lot about being able to judge tattoo quality.

Well that was actually something else I was gonna ask about. I have no idea how to distinguish between a good quality tattoo that I may think is bad simply because I don't like it and a bad tattoo artist who may have done an easy tattoo that I like very well. Put simply, I don't know what makes a good tattoo a good tattoo and a bad tattoo a bad tattoo. The two guys in my town that seem to have a good reputation are Debo of Blvd Tattoo Co., and Todd Wilson of Artistic Ink, Anderson. But Greenville, SC is only 20-30 minutes away and a much larger town, so if I had a way of researching the artists in that area I'd be more than willing to make the drive. I just don't know how to go about finding out who's the most reputable and talented artists. I've tried looking on here but I can't even find any mention of shops in my state.

not sure how far it is from you but Asheville, NC has Hot Stuff Tattoo and Empire Tattoo.

Just booked back in with Emily Rose to do the fronts of both thighs on the 19th and 20th Feb 2015. I figured if I was going to be laid up on the couch with one sore and swollen thigh over the weekend I may as well deal with both at the same time.

This will either be the best or the stupidest idea I've had. Can't wait to find out.