Upcoming Tattoos

CultExciter

Was hoping to go to Belfast this weekend to book next one, but now looks like won't be until end of month. Will be getting a Giger tribute on lower left leg, beside the angel. After that have lots planned, will decide on order when time comes. Have a gap at back of lower right leg that needs filled. Working on a tattoo idea to honour my ancestors in general, I have a commissioned piece I want done. Working on filler ideas. Some more Giger work, would like some Escher done. A memory tattoo, my left ribs, need my other hip done, stomach, top half of boobs, arms finished off to half sleeve at the moment, eventually full sleeve. Of course my back. Eventually would like the ones on legs merged with ones on feet and ankles all done...

I feel like I've been talking about it forever, but I guess I booked pretty far out. I had my "official" consult with Grez at King's Avenue for my left arm that will start in two weeks. I'm doing a 3/4 sleeve, and we decided on an eagle fighting a dragon. I knew I wanted an eagle, so then we kinda worked through some options. I'm mostly letting him run with it, as everything I've had him do for me so far has been perfect. Haha. I can't wait.

Booked what will probably be my final trip to Japan for a few years... Tomo is sure he can finish my front-piece this visit, so...I'm going over next September. Flights and hotel booked.

It'll be an interesting trip. He's finished up in Yellow Blaze by then and I'll be getting the shinkansen from Tokyo to his home city (1.5 hours) to his new studio.

I'm really bummed out to be finishing, in many ways. When I started this front piece I remember feeling like "oh my god, what have I done - this thing will never be finished". Now that it's within my grasp it's all a bit anti-climactic - I almost wish there was more to do. This will be my last big piece, I have room for no more big work.

I thought you might like that one @pidjones. While I didn't make a career out of it like you did, I was in the Navy and was drawn to the symbolism when I started getting tattooed 2 years ago. At some point, I'm going to get this to commemorate my time:

Oh, I wasn't a lifer - just 8 years to get my 10 patrols and 2.5 years under the ocean. One boat (SSBN632) for five straight years after nuc school and then out. Would have stayed if they had offered a decent shore station, but all I was offered was instructor (and yet that's what I do now), SIMS, or recruiter. Na, I'll become a civilian thanks. They did send me to Rickover to interview for Shipping Port, but he wasn't interested (and in a foul mood two weeks after Three Mile Island). I had an invitation to interview at Oak Ridge National Laboratory waiting for me when I returned from DC, did my final patrol, then went to work at the lab for 21 years, now 15 years here. I still run into people that served on the old boat, knew guys I served with, or even the occasional shipmate. I go to most of the ship reunions because I tried to stay friends with all of them and forgive the few I ever had issues with. The next one is in Vegas, though... that might be too much temptation for more ink!