Upcoming Tattoos

CultExciter

Back on the table next week w/ TheGangOfOne !

Excited to get some momentum on my ShaoLin backpiece this new year.

Lined in at the beginning of December. Was hoping to sunburn it off during our trip to Mexico (so I could feel the full wrath again haha) but alas it was pretty chilly down south.

photo_622099_thumb.jpg

<sorry i'm scrambling my lines until I get more progress, only sharing the full view privately for now>

@

- - - Updated - - -

@beez Shad "Horitsukikage" ? Steve is great pals with Shad, got a bunch of cool stories about him and the way he tattoos. I think he's coming to Edmonton to visit in the near future, I'd love to get a small piece and meet him!

@bongsau yes, Horitsukikage! That is the plan for right now, at least! Matt/Junii/Shad collab for now. I'm excited! I haven't heard much about him other than I am a fan of his tattoos. I have yet to meet him, actually. Everything is being arranged (however loosely) through Junii. He was in SF in October but I was not able to get down there to get started on the space on my upper back.

Hopefully I'll hear more when I'm in SF!

Got an appointment at the end of the month with Matthias Boettcher in Lowbrow Berlin. A piece on the lower front shin - first piece on my legs so not sure what to expect. In actually on a stag/bachelor party so the tattoo surely won't help the hangover!

I have an appointment with Erick Holguin of Ink and Dagger on February 6th. I'm getting a photo realistic cardinal on the front of my right thigh. We discussed perched on a branch, but it may be flying (I'm giving as much artistic freedom as possible.)

In roughly 2 weeks my kung fu school is performing at a big Chinese New Year celebration. The organizers said "we hope the guy with the full body tattoos will be there, the Chinese community love him!" haha. Well this year I've got a Shaolin monk on my back while I run the dragon ball, as I lead around a 9-person dragon team so its going to be mega-awesome :)

1597026_195620960636663_834986359_n.jpg

The day after I'm going to relax from all the CNY training and festivities. The day after the day after I got another sit on my back scheduled with TheGangOfOne and then the week after yet another backpiece sesh. I'm about 8hrs/2sessions in at the moment. I'll let my body heal and then I'm working towards a 2-day sit a few weeks later. Felt pretty strong after my last back sitting and my kung fu training is really helping me relax when I sit and improves the way my body heals.

By the end of February I will be hitting a tattoo milestone for myself...the 200hr mark after 12 years of steady progress :)

Pretty new here, but I'm looking to do this sometime in the next 6 months or so:

I want a road (I like this one, but I'm not married to it), but I'd like it stylized as a woodblock print (a la William Rice - example.

I have some questions that I put in my Intro if anyone wants to offer an opinion (I'm not sure how often that sub-forum gets read).

http://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum/initiation/6262-new-member-introduction-looking-advice.html

March 10th I will be headed to Saved Tattoo for my consultation with Virginia Elwood. March 14th I will go back and get my chest piece started. I am getting both of my grandfathers' Navy portraits on either side of my upper chest/shoulder area, a battleship in the middle with two flying fish under my pecs. Maybe a rose in the middle of my sternum, and rope with knots "framing" the rest of the area on top. Basically letting her run with colors and design. I'm hoping she can do all the line work and a good first pass on the portraits in my first sitting. I don't know about her speed so we shall see. I have been planning on this for at least 20 years, that I can recall, so I am nervous and excited with anticipation. I trust she will kill it.

Booked next one today. Early April will be getting a H R Giger tribute done on left lower leg next to Angel Tyrael. Very excited, I've been looking forward to getting this one done for ages and now it's nearly time. Not that long till April and it'll give a chance to save those precious ££ lol

I am smack in the middle of what is turning into a full sleeve from Amy Black here in Richmond. Outlined a bunch of peonies yesterday, in fact. In early April, I'm heading to San Diego to get shoulder caps from Briana Sargent at Buju Tattoo. Glad I booked that one when I did...discovered the other day she is so busy she's not taking any more bookings, except on a case-by-case basis.

Also finding that I need to NOT visit/lurk here so much because it makes me want more and more tattoos. Which is not bad, but I'm going to go broke!