Upcoming Tattoos

CultExciter

I'm moving onto my lady arms! Right before everybody puts up their Friday the 13th stuff, I hit a guest artist coming through town :)

Hoping to start a themed collection on my left arm, with Talley Matthews, on Friday.

Hubs is coming to the shop with me, but he's got an important shooting match on Saturday, so I know he won't be getting tattooed.

I'm actually lucky enough to have an appointment with Scott Sylvia in march! Just wanted to actually give a quick thanks to all the members of LST because without all the conversations about tattoos I would have been stuck with a bunch of mediocre tattoos on my body. When I first joined I was only getting my second tattoo and didn't even really know what to look for in an artist. Since then (about a year) I have my forearm, a half sleeve, and now this upcoming appointment with Scott Sylvia. So thanks to all of you!

A scented candle and/or scented lotion.

I actually gave my now-husband a bottle of lotion when we were in school, as a secret santa gift, because we were living in the desert and he always had super dry hands that were cracking open. From my point of view it was an innocent, helpful, caring kind of gift (that was also weird), but from everyone else's it was super dirty. We still laugh about it 13 years later.

Walked into Melbourne Tattoo Company today with some sketches and a very specific ideas in my my head, but was struck by all the amazing handpainted flash by all the artists in the shop - have never been into a tattoo shop with all the artist's work actually up on the walls before. So I picked a flash piece by Josh Sutterby and asked for one small tweak (I have been a lot more controlling and picky over design specifics in the past, so this is a nice change for me) and am much more excited about getting a tatto than I have been since I got my first one done! Booked an appointment for early May, which is when I'll actually have the funds, and am already looking firward to a lot more flash pieces (with no tweaks) in the future. That shop is an absolute gold mine.

Still 50/50 on this, but I've long had the idea rattling around my head of doing a twist on the traditional battle royale, where instead of wild beasts warring with each other, it would be kewpie dolls dressed as the respective animals: so one dressed as an eagle, another a tiger, another maybe a snake, and they'd be clawing at each other and rolling around, pulling each other's hair and what not. All very light hearted.

Still on fence about whether this is worth pursuing or if this is one of those ideas that sounds better on paper. Thought I'd air the idea out here and see what you lot think.

It would be a smaller piece, possibly on my leg. Not quite sure. But it wouldn't be a back piece or something large-scale like that, as many battle royales are. I love quirky, funny tattoos, but I still hold the idea that large pieces (back, sleeves, etc), while obviously not required to be "serious" or "deep", should at least avoid being comical or super, super frivolous.

Still 50/50 on this, but I've long had the idea rattling around my head of doing a twist on the traditional battle royale, where instead of wild beasts warring with each other, it would be kewpie dolls dressed as the respective animals: so one dressed as an eagle, another a tiger, another maybe a snake, and they'd be clawing at each other and rolling around, pulling each other's hair and what not. All very light hearted.

Still on fence about whether this is worth pursuing or if this is one of those ideas that sounds better on paper. Thought I'd air the idea out here and see what you lot think.

It would be a smaller piece, possibly on my leg. Not quite sure. But it wouldn't be a back piece or something large-scale like that, as many battle royales are. I love quirky, funny tattoos, but I still hold the idea that large pieces (back, sleeves, etc), while obviously not required to be "serious" or "deep", should at least avoid being comical or super, super frivolous.

Have you talked to a tattoo artist about this idea? I for one think it could look very cute; and your idea isn't terribly specific so I good artist has a decent amount of leeway in terms of design. If you do get it done, ai'd love to see it!