Upcoming Tattoos

CultExciter

@JasonTO I'd say with your example, just go for it! Sounds associative and good to put blood next to a reaper, maybe there is blood on his scythe. I've seen it many times, it can look just right.

On a personal note I can really enjoy when things that don't seem to fit together are tattooed next to eachother. In my head it creates this strange dynamic synergy effect and all sorts of makeshift associations open up. That's part of the fun with smaller tattoos in my opinion. Over time you will see how the "interpretation" of compositions and individual tattoos change or get more complex, depending on how you change and the things you learn.

Upcoming tattoo - but not for me. My dad's 60th birthday is this weekend, and so next week I'll be taking him to get his first tattoo. It's something he's talked about wanting since I first started getting tattooed a few years ago, but I don't think he'd ever just go do it on his own. I asked him if it would be something he'd like to do with me and he's pretty excited I think. (I'm glad because if he didn't want one I have no idea what I'd get him!)

We're headed to The Pearl Harbor Gift Shop next week sometime, probably Monday so he can get a walk-in from Tim Pausinger (my recommendation, but I told him he could pick whoever he wanted).

50 years ago my great-grandfather founded a ship repair company in my hometown, and my dad has worked there for 40 years. The logo used to be a simple traditional anchor and rope so I think that's what he'll end up getting.

Upcoming tattoo - but not for me. My dad's 60th birthday is this weekend, and so next week I'll be taking him to get his first tattoo. It's something he's talked about wanting since I first started getting tattooed a few years ago, but I don't think he'd ever just go do it on his own. I asked him if it would be something he'd like to do with me and he's pretty excited I think. (I'm glad because if he didn't want one I have no idea what I'd get him!)

We're headed to The Pearl Harbor Gift Shop next week sometime, probably Monday so he can get a walk-in from Tim Pausinger (my recommendation, but I told him he could pick whoever he wanted).

50 years ago my great-grandfather founded a ship repair company in my hometown, and my dad has worked there for 40 years. The logo used to be a simple traditional anchor and rope so I think that's what he'll end up getting.

That is fantastic!