Upcoming Tattoos

CultExciter

Aargh, Oliver M. (FST) can't tattoo me next week after all. Resisting urge to book someone else just for the sake of it.

That's s bummer. Had you flights booked?

Just been in touch with Tom Flanagan in Oddfellows in Leeds for an appointment at the end of the year. Didn't realise flights were as cheap from Dublin

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

That's s bummer. Had you flights booked?

Just been in touch with Tom Flanagan in Oddfellows in Leeds for an appointment at the end of the year. Didn't realise flights were as cheap from Dublin

Going over for a wedding either way so it's no biggie. If I was coming over special then I'd have been more put out probably.

The current tattoo is a yin yang with a dragon and tiger surrounding it (see below). This is just a shoulder tattoo that I want to extend to a 3/4 sleeve. We are going to Hawaii, and I have an appointment in Hilo while I'm there. I want to continue the Yin yang them, and keep in Japanese style while incorporating something from the big island. I'm thinking lava/ocean. Problem is, I haven't seen anything like this in a Japanese style, so not sure how it would look.

Any thoughts? I will of course, work with my artist once I get there, but would love to have something on paper to get us started.

Thanks!

-b

So I am in need of some advice and thought you guys might be able to help me out. Having drooled over Paul dobleman's work for ages I've decided he's the only guy do the rest of my left arm, that sleeve that @hogg posted was the clincher! I have my eagle by Valerie on my bicep and was hoping to maybe get a panther on my forearm as I thought that would look rad next to the eagle. Other than that I'm hoping to get a clipper ship on the inside of my lower arm and a cobweb over the elbow. That just leaves filler and the inside of my upper arm which I guess we can just figure out as we go...

The only problem I have is that I have recently relocated to Melbourne with my partner, so I'm looking at a 21 hour trip to get tattooed. We are looking at buying a business and property over here and once all that stuff is in place I think it's gonna be near impossible to find the time or the disposable income to do such a trip- so I figured it's now or never! As you can imagine she's pretty sceptical about the wisdom of travelling to the other side of the world to get tattooed but she's very supportive (long suffering?) and says she will support me in the project as long as I figure out exactly how long I'm gonna need to be away for.

Which leads me to the advice bit, do you reckon the best course of action would be just to contact Paul and talk to him about the project and in that way try and get a sense of how long the project might take, what sort of time frame he'd be interested in undertaking it in etc? I was also kind of hoping to get the bottom of my 3/4 sleeve on the right arm finished whilst in San Francisco, as I know that there is just an embarrassment of riches when it comes to Japanese tattooing in that city, but I don't want to bite off too much...

I really hope this doesn't sound like one of those how much/ how long for a sleeve kinda questions, I have been considering this trip for a long time and this window of opportunity has just come up. There are some great tattooers here in Australia, but if I get someone else to do the work I think I will be forever thinking 'what if'.

Paul does awesome work! I just got a girl head from him this weekend. I would email or call the shop to work out details and set something up. When I scheduled my appointment he was booked out 2-3 months, so you'd have some time to work everything out with him and travel wise.

I was checking the London Convention line up yesterday. I'm going to be there that week end all ready but hadn't planned to get tattooed. By accident I was browsing the 2014 lineup, thinking it was this year. My mind was like "Mike The Athens.. Duncan X.... Eddy Deutsche, Ed Hardy, Filip Leu (and so on and so forth....).... wooooot?! This is some crazy shit!!!" and then I realized my mistake. Anyway, I ended up getting booked in with Mike Rubendall. So I am very happy

True story

Here's my how to list @sophistre according to how my first convention in Bristol went.

1. Drive around the train station looking for the correct parking lot. Make at least 4 laps to get a good idea of the layout.

2. Buy ticket, walk in, feel brain explode.

3. Forget to look at the scantily clad women, because you're too busy watching some dude get his ass tattooed.

4. Promise yourself you're limited to small purchases, like shirts.

5. Immediately fail at that promise, and get a tattoo.

6. Go home poorer than you expected, but very happy!

Hoping to call into Tommy in Classic Tattoo, Dublin next week to book in for dots/stars filler on my sleeve - something like the pic below would be cool.

Tommy is a very underrated tattoer, even by Irish standards. A real old school dude that puts out clean, bold trad work. I believe he worked with Freddy Corbin and Bob Roberts back in the day.

post-36194-146168881939_thumb.jpg