Upcoming Tattoos

CultExciter

Nice @SeeSea. I like how you have an ocean themed back piece and now your cat tattoo will have seafood as a link. That's going to be pretty exciting for you to see it the day you arrive. Can't wait to see it.

I should probably mention I had my consult with Horitomo too. In October. My appointment is February 28th. I'm getting a pair of nekomata in my armpits. I also agree w/ @peaceridge. Horitomo sketches and brings subjects to life quickly. It humbled me to see just how fast he took an idea and scribbled seemingly random lines, and a few strokes later those lines formed a concrete image. I was worried my idea for armpits wouldn't work, and I think initially he may have been hesitant too. But he sat me down, and we talked about ideas, and he sketched while we talked and in the end what I saw had/has me super excited. @peaceridge remind me again, are you getting your back done?

@Lance - No, I'm getting the dragon on my left arm from wrist to shoulder - we had a little language difficulty at first as I asked for the dragon to be "joyful". We settled on "happy", although from Horitomo it doesn't matter as I'm honored to just be able to be tattooed by him.

Lance: "@peaceridge remind me again, are you getting your back done?"

@MarvelAvengers Man, I love the 'straight outta the comic book look' that has. Nailed that Spidey. The soft background is really killer, too
thanks. I really gotta give tons of credit to my artist, Clint Cummings, as for the most part it has been his vision from the get go. This all started as a cover up and now I can't stop. He's done a nice job tying everything together and part of the excitement is showing up and having no clue what's going to go down. I went in last night to fill in the last building on spidey, and the small empty gap on top of my shoulder was getting to him so we decided to put Wasp, Antman's wife, in the gap.

Sorry for the redness.

Yesterday was another fun day at Leviticus Tattoo here in Minneapolis. I brought in a rose with a banner bearing my daughters name that was drawn up by my wife who is a color pencil artist. Kyle Malone made a few minor adjustments to her drawing and tattooed it on me. I'm quite pleased with the result. My wife also got a tattoo at the same time in the next chair over which makes it an especially fun experience all around. Now I get to stress about the healing process even though I know it will be fine. Here's a pic.

JnP650fb.jpg[/img]

thanks. I really gotta give tons of credit to my artist, Clint Cummings, as for the most part it has been his vision from the get go. This all started as a cover up and now I can't stop. He's done a nice job tying everything together and part of the excitement is showing up and having no clue what's going to go down. I went in last night to fill in the last building on spidey, and the small empty gap on top of my shoulder was getting to him so we decided to put Wasp, Antman's wife, in the gap.

Sorry for the redness.

Very cool. That's a new angle to see it all from, and the composition of it all looks pretty sweet. Who's the next hero?

And it would be pretty badass if you do a villain sleeve on the other arm.

This time next week my torso should be all done.

Going up to Nagaoka city to Tomo's new studio, Silk Needle Tattoo.

Looking forward to it, insofar as I ever look forward to sessions on my front. I'll be sad to be finished as it gave me a great excuse to visit Japan regularly.

Tomo's new site, if anyone's interested: silkneedletattoo | Japanese style tattoosilkneedletattoo | Japanese style tattoo

@UglyButProud nice lineup, excited to see what you get from those guys. Jon has been on my list for a while, maybe next time I get back to MI.

Yeah, don't have any travel plans until next year so I thought I would pay a visit to the (more than capable) locals/close by's that have been on my want list for a while.

Jeff Zuck is doing a scorpion on the bottom of my shin/ankle ditch/top of foot this coming Saturday. Larson is doing some odd filler areas on my achilles/heel area and upper bicep and wanna plan out a bigger project with him in the future.

Needless to say, I'm super stoked to get work by all of these guys....

Today's the day. I had a dream last night that I showed up and instead of my artist I found myself working with a stranger who pulled out a giant drawing full of things I hadn't asked for. He said he didn't really know or care anything about flowers and preferred to add a giant snake to the design. I don't dislike snakes so I thought about it...then I noticed there were cameras rolling everywhere and I realized I was on a horrible reality show.

I hope that doesn't really happen this afternoon.

Oct 1st, Imperial Tattoo Company, Jon West. Continuing work on my leg sleeve.

Thinking of a sacred heart with some geo mixed in to it right on my knee, Also thinking to put an element touch of water, wind, and earth by adding my kids favorite animals.... So far I have the Owl. Next I know for sure a Shark and than Wolf?, Bear?, Lets see what the kids say :) ???

I survived my first appointment! Though I'll admit it was rough: 4+ hours and the last hour was about 10 times harder than the first hour. From now on, 2 hours sessions will be more my speed.

I still have one more session to finish shading in early October, and then I have to figure out what to do next. Add to this back piece, which was designed to be added to, or put something in a more visible location? The only thing I regret about this piece is that it's not easy for me to see it - that's the trouble with backs...

Booked in with Alix Ge to get a shishi lion and peonies on my thigh at the London Convention. Getting quite excited now but also a bit anxious. In a way not too keen to get this done at a convention but it does make things easier (and cheaper) as it saves me a trip to France.

Fantastic choice of artist, she's one of the very best around right now!