Upcoming Tattoos

CultExciter

I'm finally taking the plunge, giving in to the art and getting my back piece.

Face it, I will never see this art. I will see reflections, photos and glimpses over my shoulder, but I will never see the whole piece as it was intended to be viewed.

Ever.

Based on some old Huck Spaulding flash, I need this winged tiger. I have given my artist (Iambillyhill.com) free reign to do as he wishes.

"Alan, we'll use this as a starting point and then I'm going to Billy Hill the fuck out of it!"

We do the outline today.

T minus two hours and counting.

IMG_2425_zpsl42ubjmo.jpg

not everyone's cup of tea on this forum probably, but i secured a session with Russ Abbott to do one of his signature geometric mandalas on my kneecap at the INKED Convention in Pasadena. Also have a small banger with Alan Padilla on my inner foot. i tried to text Gogue about doing my armpit at the convention and a second pass on my torso but he hasn't responded... :(

Just got thumbs up from ol' Rudy Fritsch about the Scottish Convention in march next year. Getting my second elbow tattooed. Iain Mullen did my right elbow more than three years ago, and him + Rudy finished my backpiece at the convention this year. So this feels just perfect. Looking forward a lot!

That's so cool to hear. I live in the same city of Rudy and planning in the near future a tattoo by him, but still have to talk with him, I think I will do it in October 2016, because I have already a tattoo booked with another artist happening in March.

DS is getting a gift certificate for Christmas, and I believe I'll be adding a flying pig to my left leg when he goes in to spend it :cool:

Or not. Today's appointments were kind of blown off by the shop. He is 'stuck' getting his there because his gift certificate is bought and paid for, but I'm seriously considering forfeiting my deposit.

I have no upcoming tattoos. I'm just posting here because I'm starting to get that feeling like I should have some upcoming tattoos. There's a bunch of stuff I want. Thinking about some type of black & gray underboob thing from Nate Kostechko, a second monmon cat from Horitomo, and possibly a fox on my leg from Jim Sylvia. None of these are booked, just in my head. Gotta start somewhere...

I booked WAY too many projects this year just trying to list them is giving me chest pains. Current project is a Jesse Smith/Will Gonzalez neck to knee back piece colab, started last month should take a year and a half or so. Have Lindsay baker doing a new school dog at the DC convention mid Jan. Also have Russ Abbott doing a chest piece that same weekend, then I have Halo starting an aliens inspired rib piece in March, then I am doing a Steve Compton snail or ducky at Baltimore convention mid April, then I have Danny bayron reworking my xenomorph knee piece in July. Just too damn much going on.

So I got this idea, it just popped into my head, and I have no way of knowing if there is value to it or if it's just totally idiotic, in a bad way. It's Rock of Ages. But the prostrate woman is a cat, still dressed in the traditional garb, and the cross is in the form of a scratching post.

Thoughts?

So I got this idea, it just popped into my head, and I have no way of knowing if there is value to it or if it's just totally idiotic, in a bad way. It's Rock of Ages. But the prostrate woman is a cat, still dressed in the traditional garb, and the cross is in the form of a scratching post.

Thoughts?

Sounds sacrilicious to me. Fun varient on a classic theme.

Sounds like good fun to me :)

As for me, I finally resolved a problem who will tattoo my shoulder-to-elbow and how the tattoo should look roughly. I have an appointment on January 8th in my favourite studio to finish cover up of my phoenix and I hope I will have a chance to discuss it with another artist from that studio. I'm happy I finally settled, I wasn't sure at first, then I tried to contact a freelance artist whose work I like, but it takes her months to just simply respond to the e-mails, some people have waited since August (!). Seems like pretty bad time management to me, no offence. Not that she is an elite artist, I just liked the style.

I want to get another tattoo, but probably won't be getting anything for awhile at the rate I make decisions. The two ideas I have are both super-nautical.

Either something featuring shields with the flags of Maryland, Maine (1901 or Merchant Marine, and Alaska with various chains, cogs, pistons, and anchors about them.

Orrrrr something bafflingly complex that I would have no idea how to go about getting. I was looking at biomechanical tattoos, and something LIKE that, but with the planking of a ship broken open to reveal engines and boilers and such; around my upper arm and shoulder.

Waylon Hart at Chariot Tattoos has an opening tomorrow for a Flying Tiger's mascot on my inner calf.

flying_tigers_sticker.jpg

Is that the Flying Tigers as in the American volunteer pilots in China ca WWII? I'm not familiar with their logos and such, but that's pretty sweet design.

Is that the Flying Tigers as in the American volunteer pilots in China ca WWII? I'm not familiar with their logos and such, but that's pretty sweet design.

Yep, that is the old AVG tiger. I've always liked it. The tattoo turned out better than the original design. I'll post it when past the 5 day period.