Upcoming Tattoos

CultExciter

22 hours ago, suburbanxcore said:

Shit, half my day is spent talking about tatfantasies. Ha. But I totally get it.

I've got another sitting with Grez to finish up my knee in July. May try and book in for the fall to do the other knee.

How's the knee looking/feeling?

1 hour ago, Gingerninja said:

How's the knee looking/feeling?

You know, as I said in the knee thread, it's surprisingly fine. I expected it to be way more painful and way more swollen. I ran 8 miles the next day! Haha. I won't post any pictures until it's colored and healed, but as is usual with Grez, it rules and I love it. Haha. #fanboy

On 05/12/2016 at 9:41 AM, suburbanxcore said:

@Graeme I'm at that point, too.

Of course, I say that and I'm getting my knee done tonight. So that may change things.

That actually sounds like the perfect time to get your knee done.  Don't want the memory of tattoo pain to be too fresh.  I think a little hubris might be necessary for certain spots.

Edited by polliwog

1 hour ago, marley mission said:

ok people - here i sit without a tattoo appointment...yet :)

currently pondering a couple different options

would probably be my last before a summer 'break' from tattoos

though i thought that last summer and ended up getting tattooed twice during the summer

hmmmm...

I wholly understand your plight! Now 3 weeks into healing the touch up/shading of my first, I plan to hold off until we close our pool for the year in late September to get my next (planning to get something on my right upper arm to compliment the left) so I won't miss any swimming and also know that I end up doing a lot of sweaty work on our property during the summer. But, I can't seem to shake that empty feeling in my stomach that drives a desire to get something done. It's killing me.

So, my plan is still to wait until Fall and time it so I am done before our planned trip to Antigua in November....but if there was one mantra I inculcated during 26 years in the Army, it is that no plan survives first contact with the enemy. I have met the enemy...and it is me. :10_wink:

Driving to Portland today. Next session on my back tomorrow. 

I always forget that it's convention time in Portland at this time of year until I go to book a hotel for my tattoo appointment and discover that there are virtually no rooms left. It's a good thing there are so many pet-friendly options down there, or I'd be totally screwed!

2 hours ago, marley mission said:

ok people - here i sit without a tattoo appointment...yet :)

currently pondering a couple different options

would probably be my last before a summer 'break' from tattoos

though i thought that last summer and ended up getting tattooed twice during the summer

hmmmm...

Dude, we all know you'll have an appointment booked by the end of the day tomorrow.

it's official!  Just booked my flight to NY for July 8-12.

Jondix will be doing his second session on my back on 7/10... either at NY Adorned or Yoni Zilber's studio in Jersey.

Deposit is in for Garver on 7/11... not sure what or where, but I'm thinking outer forearm is quite appropriate.

I may have a place to stay, but does anyone have a couch I can crash on in case it falls thru?  It would be great if it were near or easily accessible to Invisible NYC and NY Adorned.

This'll be my first trip to NY... STOKED!!

34 minutes ago, marley mission said:

rejoining the fray - got a deposit in for an appointment with The Gus @ Olde City Tattoo in Philadelphia. Still need to set up the appt - really dig his stuff - just gonna go in and pick from some of his flash and have at it.

Nice traditional work - looking forward to seeing what you choose!

39 minutes ago, marley mission said:

rejoining the fray - got a deposit in for an appointment with The Gus @ Olde City Tattoo in Philadelphia. Still need to set up the appt - really dig his stuff - just gonna go in and pick from some of his flash and have at it.

Gus is awesome. His flash has changed a lot over the years, and I think where he's at now really fits right in your wheelhouse. That shop is great. I have a million friends who have gotten tattooed there. Let me know when your appointment is and I'll try and swing by or we can grab some food/drinks. Tons of great places near there.

1 hour ago, Graeme said:

Just sorted out my appointment for the Quebec City convention and I'm going to be getting a golden eagle from Trevor McStay.  I'm stoked.

I'm getting tattooed by Ron Wells at his shop on Saturday.  Also stoked.

I really wanna check out Ron's shop. 

Adding more folk art to left upper arm/shoulder next week. Tried to get it done earlier in the season but my girl Katy Davis stays booked. Usually we'd be full bore into hot weather by this late into May but for some reason we're still having cool weather. Kinda freaky but I'm not complaining!

have now seen the drawing and I have to say I am pretty stoked! Been chatting to Michael and I am booked in for next Saturday (28th) at 10am. Woop!
I would share a pic of the drawing but I will just wait until it is done and share a pic in the gallery then. It is a heart with 3 daggers stabbing it , an eye in the middle.  so fitting. am a bit in love I must admit.

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 1:59 PM, suburbanxcore said:

You know, as I said in the knee thread, it's surprisingly fine. I expected it to be way more painful and way more swollen. I ran 8 miles the next day! Haha. I won't post any pictures until it's colored and healed, but as is usual with Grez, it rules and I love it. Haha. #fanboy

I'm a Grez #fangirl and proud of it! Looking forward to seeing the finished work. Oh, and nicely done on the 8 miles. :)

On 5/20/2016 at 0:43 PM, Gingerninja said:

I'm a Grez #fangirl and proud of it! Looking forward to seeing the finished work. Oh, and nicely done on the 8 miles. :)

Yeah, he's killer. I can't wait until it's done. Not until July, which feels like a fucking eternity to finish. Once it's done I think I'm immediately going to book to have him do my other knee in the fall.

8 hours ago, marley mission said:

@suburbanxcore i'm in with Gus 6/3 at noon

whats the parking like around the shop

any food recs?

There is usually decent street parking, particularly a few blocks north, just kinda above Market. But if you're patient you should be able to find something within a few blocks, particularly during the day (lots of bars so it's hectic as fuck at night). If not there are lots and garages around.

As for food, here are a few of my favorites in the area. Tons of good spots, though.
- Right next door, The Khyber does good Southern style type fare. I don't drink, but I believe their beer and booze selection is solid as well.
- Eulogy is a Belgian beer bar nearby that does awesome mussels/frites, burgers, etc. They have like 300+ beers available as well.
- Amada is fancier but has dope tapas.
- Han Dynasty is killlller Szechuan right around the corner.