Upcoming Tattoos

CultExciter

Planning on going to Brightside later this week for "Flash Friday."

Coincidentally, like the Dan who posted above me, my name is also Dan, and I will likely also be getting a tiger head. Not on the hand though.

The sheet of flash they're using has a few cool designs though, so we'll see come Friday what I end up going with.

42 minutes ago, Marwin3000 said:

A couple of months ago my girlfriend told me that if I got into the school I applied for, she would get me a chest piece! After months of hard work I found out today that I got accepted for the school!

So I guess a chest piece is on it's way!

congrats on many levels,that's a great goal to achieve with a tattoo icing on the cake to boot !  good job to you and your girlfriend !  now the real hard work begins at choosing the right artist and placement and concept !

13 minutes ago, Isotope said:

Well...(deep breath) Steve Byrne in less than a month (Sept 1). I don't generally get nervous or "starstruck", but I've definitely got butterflies on this one. Who's been tattooed by Steve?

Steve dig a dagger going thru an eyeball on my calf at the first Pagoda convention. He didn't have any stencils or anything like that so he just drew it on and went from there. Needless to say  I had an amazing tattoo after he was done and I couldn't be any happier with it. This was taken after it was completed and since then it has healed up nicely. Your def. in good hands. 

Dagger.jpg

On 8/3/2016 at 8:19 PM, Isotope said:

Well...(deep breath) Steve Byrne in less than a month (Sept 1). I don't generally get nervous or "starstruck", but I've definitely got butterflies on this one. Who's been tattooed by Steve?

Steve put an eagle on my chest last year.  He's great, you don't need to be nervous at all!

Never been tattooed by Steve, but the most "famous" people who I've gotten a tattoo from have all been really low-key.   Like, astonishingly so.  A former poster here with way more tattoo experience than most said something that I really liked about most of these folks not being legends in their own minds. 

Going to be going to the Montreal show in September. Already booked a spot with Dave Cummings for a hannya on my arm, and im waiting an email confirmation for an oni on my knee from Stace Forand. If I have time left I want to get something from either Ryan Halter or Lucas Ford, also.

In a few days Im going to be getting a giesha demon/hannya on my inner thigh from Jeremy Lamos. After the Montreal con will be the Hub City Moncton con. Dont know what Ill get there. Probably a Stinky from Sailor Jerry. :)

Its going to be a fun next few months haha

How does everyone get people to answer their emails, I am having a hard time getting in contact with any artist I try to get a hold of.  I am waiting and hoping to hear from Annie Frenzel for the Tampa tattoo convention, and Horitomo is supposed to be coming up this month, I think, I hope. This is more rhetorical banter to vent my jealousy than actual question.

Sounds like you will be a busy man in September, can't wait to see the photos

@Oiocha there have been times when i was waiting for that return email - what i usually do is send a second one that says that i'm sure they got the email and are probably swamped but...you never with emails maybe something happened and they didnt get it - hence the check in - that has always worked to get the timely reply - i mean - i treat it like any communication i am making with any other person - the way i look at it - i'm serious about getting tattooed and it is after all - the beginning of a business transaction - so the 2nd communication is just an effort to make arrangements for the tattoo - the key is to be polite 

How does everyone get people to answer their emails, I am having a hard time getting in contact with any artist I try to get a hold of.  I am waiting and hoping to hear from Annie Frenzel for the Tampa tattoo convention, and Horitomo is supposed to be coming up this month, I think, I hope. This is more rhetorical banter to vent my jealousy than actual question.

First, check your SPAM folders to make sure you or your provider aren't blocking the replies, second send a back-up email, third check to see if they use Facebook Messenger or some other social media messaging by preference.

Oh, and there is also the telephone! Call the shop!

14 minutes ago, el twe said:

After a few scheduling issues, I'm getting tattooed by Chad Koeplinger next week!  Still have no idea what I'm getting, looking forward to flipping through his book before the appointment.

Rad! A tattooer buddy of mine just got his foot tattoed by Chad in July. He just let him do whatever he wanted. Turned out great!

received_10154242139231855.jpeg

On August 9, 2016 at 9:26 PM, Oiocha said:

Sounds like you will be a busy man in September, can't wait to see the photos

Annie is notorious for being impossible to get ahold of (private studio, no public phone number). She even posts apologies about it. 

Edited by Isotope

11 hours ago, Graeme said:

Bizarrely underrated strategy.  It's funny how quickly you can get answers by picking up a phone, even if sometimes the answer is to send an email.

Thanks guys, I was just complaining mostly, the fact that I got answered was a nice surprise.  Annie I sent a back-up email to her, Horitomo I called 6 months ago because I freaking forgot when I had called originally called to get on the list and they said they would call me when it was my turn when I asked them when my estimated month or wait time left was. Back to Annie I emailed 2 years ago and got nothing, this time she used a different email, I assume to help sort her convention emails from her normal flood of emails. Failing Annie or another heavy hitter at a nearby convention I will start after: Brad Stevens, Bart Bingham, Steve Byrne, Myrah Oh, and Bailey Hunter Robinson, and recontacting Annie, in no particular order.

P.S. I have been hovering over my email account and phone in general because I am giddy at the slight chance to get Annie. 

Edited by Oiocha