Upcoming Tattoos

CultExciter

Really stoked.  I had a consultation on Tuesday for my second tattoo at Enso Tattoo in Columbus, OH.  Went great, really looking forward to it.  He said he prefers to keep sessions to 3 to 4 hours and that mine will be 2 or 3 sessions.  From what I've read, my artist is no nonsense and puts in a good hours work.  Waiting to hear back for my first appt.

It's going to be a color half sleeve asian tiger on my left arm.  Below is the reference print I gave.  Looking forward to posting pics of the progress.

Tiger tat 2 small.jpg

49 minutes ago, JAC1961 said:

Really stoked.  I had a consultation on Tuesday for my second tattoo at Enso Tattoo in Columbus, OH.  Went great, really looking forward to it.  He said he prefers to keep sessions to 3 to 4 hours and that mine will be 2 or 3 sessions.  From what I've read, my artist is no nonsense and puts in a good hours work.  Waiting to hear back for my first appt.

It's going to be a color half sleeve asian tiger on my left arm.  Below is the reference print I gave.  Looking forward to posting pics of the progress.

Tiger tat 2 small.jpg

that is a cool piece of art,hopefully it will transfer good,

amd BTW,so you live in Ohio ? if so, you have an amazing artist near you,I just had one done by him at the SFO show.If you do live there,not sure how close you are.

http://tattoofaction.com/section/391836-GREG-CHRISTIAN.html

https://www.instagram.com/gregchristian4130/ 

Thanks @Dan, he seemed to think it was a good image.  I felt better taking something like this and let him do his take on it rather than a pic of another tattoo.  He said that he'd stencil the tiger and draw in the background, which I like.

Yep, I'm just west of Toledo.  I found in researching artists close enough to me to travel to, that I had to look to Columbus, Cleveland or Cincinnati for any that really specializes in a certain style.  I'm glad that you pointed out Greg's work as I do hope to get an American traditional some day.

6 hours ago, Oiocha said:

I'm back on Horitomo's call list and Steve Byrne is coming to Jacksonville! I'm super psyched!!!! I made a deposit for Steve and am really loving the chance to get something from him without all the travel.

I was literally thinking last night how I want to go to a tattoo convention in 2018.  I didn't realize there would be one in Jacksonville!  Sounds like you've got some good work lined up.

Just booked my second Tattoo at Dead Presidents Lounge in Albany. Will be getting a modified Sailor Jerry as a memorial to my grandfather who recently passed away. The banners will be changed and he’s going to move the ship up and try to get the full ship in. It will be on the back side of my forearm. I attached the reference picture and a picture of the 1st piece my artist did for me.

D6E71FE6-D825-43E7-9590-5C751D85E1E3.jpeg

D5F4231B-DE8B-49DD-A8F1-1E8919FB886A.jpeg

DB85D1D4-E903-46FA-B649-621B613B6C88.jpeg

D127CF9A-4155-4802-8A74-0C1D232E062B.jpeg

Been chatting to the local tattooist who did my sternum (heart and daggers). Am after a crows/skulls/roses piece on my outer right thigh. He is keen to make a start, probably looking at Feb. He does a lot of American traditional and neo traditional, I told him I'm happy for him to just have at it and do what he likes with it. Really keen to see what he comes up with!

I'm booked in for my next tattoo (just a small one) next month. I wasn't supposed to be having anything until later in the year but my husband is having a portrait done of our dog and I got tattoo envy :10_wink: so have booked in on the same time and day with another artist. I'm having a pretty heart/jewel design a bit like this but in black and grey on my inner left forearm. Just a little something to keep me going until I can afford the larger leg piece I'm planning! 

26550971_10156173249990362_505213905_n.jpg

Booked next appointment a few days ago :)  Booked in for mid April, another all day session. Thinking of getting my other knee done, since the right one was no problem. And if have time get the gap between tattoos on left lower leg filled in.  My right knee hasn't fully healed yet and I am really looking forward to this next session already :) 

I was going to try to go to the Baltimore convention this April, but the artist I most wanted to get a piece by never got back to me so not sure if that's happening. Oh well, more money for other tattoos. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Definitely will be trying to make it to the Pagoda City convention this August and reached out to an artist already to confirm they would be there. I might try to get two pieces while I'm there, I'll have to wait until it gets closer to schedule anything. 

I'd kind of like to get something before then too but no idea who or what. I definitely have the itch though.