Upcoming Tattoos

CultExciter

Going in Saturday to make an appointment for the rest of this vision.  I envisioned this as a two piece project for deeply personal reasons. I saw this photo on line and knew it was I wanted subject to my artist interpretation.... The first half on my back. Second half coming out of my chest above my heart. Yes my divorce comes to mind. This project brings closure on many levels.

Life is good. Ink is good!

dagger photo.jpg

IMG_0686.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Some updates on the things I'm working on this year...

I had a minor financial setback and didn't feel comfortable getting my "get what you get" piece from a local shop yet, so maybe I'll swing by this week on one of my days off. 

I reached out to Paul Dobleman for a piece, unfortunately he's not taking appointments as far in advance as I wanted to make it so that needs to wait a little longer. I'm thinking I'd like either a vase with flowers or a Rose of No Man's Land design. I'd be fine with just about anything he wanted to do, though. It's for my other outer forearm and it needs to cover a burn scar, so I'm anxious to hear his thoughts on the spot.

I'm also still hoping to get one of my knees done this year, I'm thinking either a peony or chrysanthemum and there's two or three artists I'm still considering for it. I have some work around my knees already so I don't know how either of those designs would fit really. 

42 minutes ago, Synesthesia said:

Some updates on the things I'm working on this year...

I had a minor financial setback and didn't feel comfortable getting my "get what you get" piece from a local shop yet, so maybe I'll swing by this week on one of my days off. 

I reached out to Paul Dobleman for a piece, unfortunately he's not taking appointments as far in advance as I wanted to make it so that needs to wait a little longer. I'm thinking I'd like either a vase with flowers or a Rose of No Man's Land design. I'd be fine with just about anything he wanted to do, though. It's for my other outer forearm and it needs to cover a burn scar, so I'm anxious to hear his thoughts on the spot.

I'm also still hoping to get one of my knees done this year, I'm thinking either a peony or chrysanthemum and there's two or three artists I'm still considering for it. I have some work around my knees already so I don't know how either of those designs would fit really. 

I like the idea of one of those flowers on a knee.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a appointment set with @cltattooing   on May 12th at her shop in Oakland, "FTW Tattoo Parlor",some of you should remember her.

anyway,I am getting a B&G death moth on my upper chest and some lettering on my fingers.

I am super excited to finally get some work from her,I have been following her for a while now.she is awesome IMO.

the bay area has a ton of great artists and it's only 90min from me.

10 hours ago, Dan said:

I have a appointment set with @cltattooing   on May 12th at her shop in Oakland, "FTW Tattoo Parlor",some of you should remember her.

anyway,I am getting a B&G death moth on my upper chest and some lettering on my fingers.

I am super excited to finally get some work from her,I have been following her for a while now.she is awesome IMO.

the bay area has a ton of great artists and it's only 90min from me.

Sweeeeet! One of these days...

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a while since I've been on these parts.. haven't posted anything here in ages, like almost a year I think. 

But anyways, a little while ago I booked an appointment to continue my halfsleeve I started last summer! I'm stoked af, can't wait to get the other side of this beaut going :D 

June 22nd seems so far away :p 

So my wife and I are going to New York City next weekend for a long child free weekend and this morning I was a little bored and got to thinking and next thing you know I called Smith Street and made us each an appointment. We plan to just walk in and pick something off the wall. I gotta tell you- we are both looking forward to it. 

10 minutes ago, AverageJer said:

So my wife and I are going to New York City next weekend for a long child free weekend and this morning I was a little bored and got to thinking and next thing you know I called Smith Street and made us each an appointment. We plan to just walk in and pick something off the wall. I gotta tell you- we are both looking forward to it. 

That would be great, I'd love to do something like that.  That'd be about the only reason I'd what to visit NYC.

Hoping you share some pics with us.

10 minutes ago, youngster said:

getting a tattoo on my birthday (sep 2) by my moms boyfriend, hopefully with my mom if she isn't too much of a puss. I'm still coming up with ideas and cant wait !

hopefully your mom's boyfriend is an experienced professional tattooer that works in a reputable shop.