Upcoming Tattoos

CultExciter

20 hours ago, youngster said:

yes of course, I wouldn't let him tattoo me if I knew he didn't have the skill or the experience lol

just trying to prevent a future laser removal or cover-up. you would be surprised how many people come here asking for help on a horrible tattoo mistake they made.

• 2 weeks later...

Called an artist who had been on my bucket list for a while and left multiple voicemails to no reply, so putting a pin in that one for a while.

Shot an email to Scott hoping to get my stomach started/done at Pagoda City now that I was able to free that weekend up. Didn't realize the BlackHeart crew was in Hawaii until after I sent it though, so waiting on a reply. Fingers crossed. Been too long since he's tattooed me!

I think I might be done, at least with big stuff, for a bit. I've got a few little ideas in my head that I might do but that might be it for a while. The amount of free skin I have left has really shrunk over the last couple years and I really should think out what, and who, for the rest of it. 

And then @suburbanxcore mentions Pagoda, which seems to be the place fir me to cross paths with Marina, so perhaps it is just a pause until Pagoda. 

For fun here is a pic of what Chad did to my arm a couple weeks ago, I've tried to post it a couple times but it was giving me trouble. 

Chad2.jpg

3 weeks till my next appointment! I'm so fuckin stoked... 

That brings a few things to mind; 

1. I have an opened box of Hustle Butter that I bought and opened last summer. Is this still useable, or should I buy a new one? 

2. Does anyone know where I can find these 'sleeve bandages' (from a lack of a better thing to call them)? It's like the piece of a sweater that you can put on your arm to guard the fresh tattoo from the sun. I saw Corey Taylor use it on one of his live shows, so I know they exist. He was freshly tatted at that show. 

1 hour ago, thyes said:

3 weeks till my next appointment! I'm so fuckin stoked... 

That brings a few things to mind; 

1. I have an opened box of Hustle Butter that I bought and opened last summer. Is this still useable, or should I buy a new one? 

2. Does anyone know where I can find these 'sleeve bandages' (from a lack of a better thing to call them)? It's like the piece of a sweater that you can put on your arm to guard the fresh tattoo from the sun. I saw Corey Taylor use it on one of his live shows, so I know they exist. He was freshly tatted at that show. 

is there any date printed anywhere on the packaging ?

16 minutes ago, thyes said:

I tried looking but I couldn't see any date printed. If I do manage to find it, is the dating still correct when opened? 

well, I'm guessing that product does not go bad for a long time, I have had Palmers cocoa butter sit around for a long time and it seems fine to me.

Yeah I am going to totally feel old and out of touch, cause, I am taught to not pay attention to certain "gimmicks" product wise, but is hustle butter, in fact cocoa butter? Or a different version of some kooky special cocoa butter?

2 minutes ago, J.Stell said:

Yeah I am going to totally feel old and out of touch, cause, I am taught to not pay attention to certain "gimmicks" product wise, but is hustle butter, in fact cocoa butter? Or a different version of some kooky special cocoa butter?

Hi, Jen! It's Jen. It's a smell-good product that works well. Ingredients below.

Ingredients: Shea, Mango and Aloe Butters, Coconut, Sunflower and Rice Bran Oils, Rosemary Oleoresin, Green Tea, Vitamin E Complex & Mint Arvenis Essential Oil. With Essence of Papaya and Coconut.

Edited by oboogie

PS: those cloth sleeves you are talking about are for IV drug use, to keep people comfortable with their pic lines, etc.... ( I know this cause I spent most of last year in the hospital, and at home administering IV antibiotics 1 time every 8 hours, for 24 hours, for 3 months after getting out of the hospital....) 

Hit a local medical supply suited to elderly, or hospice....

3 minutes ago, oboogie said:

Hi, Jen! It's Jen. It's a smell-good product that works well. Ingredients below.

Ingredients: Shea, Mango and Aloe Butters, Coconut, Sunflower and Rice Bran Oils, Rosemary Oleoresin, Green Tea, Vitamin E Complex & Mint Arvenis Essential Oil. With Essence of Papaya and Coconut.

Well, don't tell the old man, you use that and what's in it.... He'd shit an iphone.... I can't say I back it... as too many things in an open wound, that just kinda freak me out..... 

Richard would say, "butter" really, food in a tattoo....

Edited by J.Stell

1 minute ago, J.Stell said:

Well, don't tell the old man, you use that and what's in it.... He'd shit an iphone.... I can't say I back it... as too many things in an open wound, that just kinda freak me out..... 

I use it instead of lotion sometimes. Not when it's still super fresh. 😉

11 minutes ago, oboogie said:

I use it instead of lotion sometimes. Not when it's still super fresh. 😉

Sweet.... on a fresh tattoo Richard has a very funny story about using cocoa butter on his healing inner thigh tattoos from Boltz, and his entire leg swelling up into his leathers on the motorcycle, after Bert sleeved the leg out with the little SSTP filagree..  Said it stank like rotten .... and burned, he was real quick to get off the bike and shower...  (to his defense, it was the only moisturizer available, supposedly)

Edited by J.Stell

Back on topic... I have been eyeballing Bart Bingham for a contortionist tattoo... I like the straight up version of the design, but... BB just kills it with where he takes the shit...  And it seems like he would be pretty cool since he's from the old stomping grounds.

Just some random pic i snagged and am repopping, with his details... currently, trying to figure out when our ships will pass again to make this happen...

bbv.2.jpg

BBv.1.jpg

BBv.3.jpg

Edited by J.Stell

23 hours ago, J.Stell said:

Back on topic... I have been eyeballing Bart Bingham for a contortionist tattoo... I like the straight up version of the design, but... BB just kills it with where he takes the shit...  And it seems like he would be pretty cool since he's from the old stomping grounds.

Just some random pic i snagged and am repopping, with his details... currently, trying to figure out when our ships will pass again to make this happen...

bbv.2.jpg

BBv.1.jpg

BBv.3.jpg

some of the best!!

it seems like the monkey has tits AND balls. perhaps it's from Thailand.

the one of Richard with the braided beard is amazing. how did he react to seeing that one?

4 hours ago, Hands On said:

some of the best!!

it seems like the monkey has tits AND balls. perhaps it's from Thailand.

the one of Richard with the braided beard is amazing. how did he react to seeing that one?

He was pretty stoked on it... He remembers Bart lurking in Scorpion, "eye F***ing" his flash... and I guess scaring him off, he was super young. They both were kinda.