Upcoming Tattoos

CultExciter

The inevitable continuation of my self-flagellation tattoo coverage towards an accidental bodysuit is continuing. I have the appointment set for less than two months from now for Horifuji at State of Grace to put a tennyo on my back/arse/rear of my upper thighs. Bringing it up again as I am seeing more posts from people with their back work and it is suddenly becoming real to me that it is happening awfully soon. I am only somewhat terrified, at this point. Sitting in a plane with a freshly tattooed arse is not something I ever imagined I would have to be concerned with, frankly. Tebori needles near my tailbone. What could possibly go wrong

😧

4 minutes ago, Oiocha said:

Tebori supposedly hurts less, also if you jump on the plane the morning/day after its still a dull throb and didn't really bother me and I flew from Cali to FL, you will do great.  

My modus operandi is "questionable planning". Like almost all of my prior appointments it will be two days ~4 hours each then drive straight from SoG to the airport. Freshly wrapped but hopefully not leaking ink around the TSA scanners!

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Gingerninja said:

One week from my trip to Massapequa. I am so excited! I am trying to balance my excitement with the knowledge that knees suckkkkk. 

I found that my expectation of how bad I thought my knees would be was way worse than they actually were, you should be fine. That first morning after bending it was admittedly a stinger though!

On 10/5/2018 at 7:31 AM, Gingerninja said:

One week from my trip to Massapequa. I am so excited! I am trying to balance my excitement with the knowledge that knees suckkkkk. 

I don't have my knees covered but my wife does (one of them anyway) and I will never forget the day. We went to Great Lakes in Chicago and she got a sweet squid on her knee by Nick Colella. Afterwards we celebrated buy walking around eating and drinking - as is our custom. At the end of the night we caught a bus to our hotel and as she stepped off the bus her freshly tattooed knee that had been walking around for hours just waved the white flag and gave up and wife spilled out onto the sidewalk like a sack of potatoes. I guess what I'm trying to say here is have fun but be careful getting off the bus. 

I’ve been getting hosed lately when it comes to tattoos. Siebert unfortunately had to cancel his trip to Portland. The Ghost Dragon original I bought from Hoyer was demolished in the mail and returned to him in three separate pieces and I had to cancel my trip back east earlier in the year to see O’donnell. In the wake is all this I’m hoping to have karma come back around. I’m hopefully heading back to California for a new project. I’ll keep you all posted. Pray for me haha.

@gingerninja Thanks so much! 

Well, I'm done, seven and a half hours to line and I'm now I'm at the morning after and feeling absolutely drained. It's incredible though, I'm over the moon with it. Can't wait to get started in a month on some shading. I'll post a picture at some point in the next couple of days over in the backpiece experience thread for anyone that is interested.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...