Upcoming Tattoos

CultExciter

1 hour ago, Sihian said:

Good idea! I've drank a lot so I hope it'll be fine. The stencil is on my leg now and I'm super excited. I didn't even have to make any changes. It'll take up almost my whole upper leg, as the artist told me the details look better this way, but I don't mind. Not planning to get (many) more tattoos anyways.

LOL that's what we all say !   but the addiction is strong 

9 hours ago, Dan said:

LOL that's what we all say !   but the addiction is strong 

Who knows! It hurt a lot though, so I'm not sure if I want to do it again. This piece took me about 6 hours of tattooing plus one hour consult/aftercare.

I'm super happy with it! (I hope pictures are okay in this thread, though it looks more crisp IRL)

IMG-20190220-WA0020.jpg

Edited by Sihian

7 hours ago, Sihian said:

Who knows! It hurt a lot though, so I'm not sure if I want to do it again. This piece took me about 6 hours of tattooing plus one hour consult/aftercare.

I'm super happy with it! (I hope pictures are okay in this thread, though it looks more crisp IRL)

IMG-20190220-WA0020.jpg

very nice !

• 3 weeks later...

Speaking of forgetting about pain! Got these little piggies all done up about a month ago. They healed just fine, with no ink loss to speak of. There's a couple wobbly lines in there and some blowouts, but as I understand it, toes are fickle beasts to ink.

Also, I have two tattoos in the books planned for May. One will be a color landscape of the Swiss Alps, from Bridget Larreau. The other will be a piece of severed snake head flash from Ian Haight, whose crazy color portfolio I just stumbled upon the other day.

I'm still waiting on my sleeve to start and I keep telling myself to hold off on tattoos in the interim to save money, but here we are anyways. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• 2 weeks later...
I'm skeptical of shops with Tap Out specials.  If you've done your research then I'll be waiting to see what you come back with!

A friend/coworker goes to this particular shop...that’s how I learned about them. Here is the owner/artist’s page and work.    

Go to Josh’s page

https://inkme401.com/home

I’m curious to know what you/everybody thinks of the work.

I haven’t committed to anything yet.

Smurf seems to have the most potential, but I wouldn't sign up there.

With respect to the offer and this shop aside - and assuming you could hang for 8 hours, I wouldn't want any tattooist feeling obligated to try and power through hours 5-8 and also feel confident I'd want to wear the result.  

Smurf seems to have the most potential, but I wouldn't sign up there.
With respect to the offer and this shop aside - and assuming you could hang for 8 hours, I wouldn't want any tattooist feeling obligated to try and power through hours 5-8 and also feel confident I'd want to wear the result.  

Was there something you didn’t like in Josh’s work in particular?
Or is it that you feel 8 hrs is a lot for the artist to maintain a level of quality?

1 hour ago, gtrjunior said:

Was there something you didn’t like in Josh’s work in particular?
Or is it that you feel 8 hrs is a lot for the artist to maintain a level of quality?

Imho he's ok, but not exceptional. 

8 continuous hours is a long time for anyone to focus and concentrate on any task - never mind one that has permanent body markings. More than likely the offer is banking on the likelyhood that the receiver is going to tap out long before 8 hours (as I probably would). 6 was my max, and that was an hour too long. 

8 continuous hours is a long time for anyone to focus and concentrate on any task - never mind one that has permanent body markings. More than likely the offer is banking on the likelyhood that the receiver is going to tap out long before 8 hours (as I probably would). 6 was my max, and that was an hour too long. 

Yeah, I’m sure the offer is counting on that!
I was planning on this going on my shoulder cap, which I think I could last 8 hours on.
The inside of my bicep...no way. I was done after 3 hours when that got done.

When I look at Josh’s work, some pieces are ok and others are really good.

My half sleeve was done at Evan Olin’s shop by one of his guys, Larry DiGuisto...I’m happy with the work but it was expensive.

17 hours ago, SStu said:

More than likely the offer is banking on the likelyhood that the receiver is going to tap out long before 8 hours (as I probably would). 6 was my max, and that was an hour too long. 

This. I think from both sides it's a recipe for misery. The artist most likely is going to lose focus (who doesn't after a long day). I have sat for 6-7 hours a few times and I always say I won't do it again. Between breaks (even short ones) the time really adds up. Then, you are a giant open wound just asking for an infection. It really takes a toll on your body.

PRICE shouldn't have anything to do with your decision. Save your money and get the tattoo(s) you really want. 

having a nice *short* tattoo session next Saturday...  a marvellous eye thing above the tree person....

anything over 4 hours for me is too long - as I have discovered to my detriment.....

it sort of goes...

first 20 mins... ouch

20 mins to 2 hours ... oh that's nice I have endorphins.

2 - 3 hours... that's sightly less nice....

3 - 4 hours...  please can I go home now.

I have picked a poor hobby for someone with a low pain threshold 🙂

This. I think from both sides it's a recipe for misery. The artist most likely is going to lose focus (who doesn't after a long day). I have sat for 6-7 hours a few times and I always say I won't do it again. Between breaks (even short ones) the time really adds up. Then, you are a giant open wound just asking for an infection. It really takes a toll on your body.

PRICE shouldn't have anything to do with your decision. Save your money and get the tattoo(s) you really want. 

What do you guys think of this artist?

I think his work is pretty damn good.

Click on the artist Angelo.

http://unicornink.com/

Let me ask you this and sorry if you said it somewhere else. What is it that you are looking to get? [mention=26661]gtrjunior[/mention]

I have 2 ideas...
I have a half sleeve on my upper left arm in a bio-mec type style. I was originally going to have the artist that did it, finish it. But truth be told I wanted to try to save a little money because I paid a lot for the half sleeve. It’s good work and I’m happy with it but it cost a ton. (I know I shouldn’t look at it in a monetary way but....). So that might be something I’d like to talk to an artist about doing.

Secondly,
I was also looking to get an oriental style dragon on the opposite shoulder cap.
Something like this....
da062428f523c0cf6711b58244290915.jpg
It doesn’t necessarily have to be this exact dragon, but something in that style.
My thought was to have the right arm be a variety of tattoos that can later be connected into a full sleeve.