Upcoming Tattoos

CultExciter

I have Victor Portugal continuing my backpiece in 2 weeks time. After Krakow I am driving to Italy and booked with Alex De Pase. From Grado Italy, driving to Genova where I am booked with Silvano Fiato for a leg piece. Then driving to the tip of Sweden for the northern lights. Around 8000 mile round trip by car. Will post some pics :)

So finally this saturday, one of my best friends and I are getting our flapper girl tattoos!

So excited. The guy who is doing it seemed pretty excited about it. Geo Rogers out of Last Train Tattoo in Stockton, CA.

He gave us a great deal. I was willing to pay much more than what he asked. He said it was because we were doing it together, and he liked the design we picked.

This will bring me up to 3 tattoos before this year is over. So funny how I went from none in January, to getting one at the end of January, now two in one month!

As a newly signed up member of this forum I have already mentioned this on the initiation thread but it looks like this is probably the correct thread.

I have six sessions booked up with Mo Coppoletta at The Family Store, the first will be next week, the last in early April, I will be getting a three quarter sleeve autumnal koi design on my left arm. I initially spoke to Mo months ago about what I am after and have an appointment tomorrow to discuss what I want.

I have decided to give him pretty much a free reign, to trust in his instinct and experience but these are my notes of my ideas to give him a starting point.

Two koi, swimming upwards. One predominantly black with flashes of gold, the other undecided, in a colour that will compliment the rest of the design. Suggest gold or yellow but will this work with colour of maple leaves?

Maple Leaves, changing colour, not too many, blowing in the wind

Chrysanthemum

A few rocks in the water

Rocks/water/wind bars etc grey work or black?

My next tattoo will be a portrait of Zach Galifianakis on my right hand at the end of this month, followed by my underwater 3/4 sleeve in january. Pretty stoked.

Why would you get only a 3/4 sleeve but then get your hand tattooed? Wouldn't it make more sense to go full sleeve?

- - - Updated - - -

Christmas coming two weeks early for you?

Liberty Tattoo is the place to be that week.

I have been picking up some graveyard shifts at my side job to make some extra cash these holidays and I have to be to work at 3am that saturday. I wish you said Thursday cause I was already thinking about coming up and catching a walk in. David Flores from Soul Expressions in Temecula will be there, when do you ever get a chance to get tattooed by someone with the same name.

- - - Updated - - -

I already have a full sleeve on my right arm up to where the portrait will go. My 3/4 sleeve will be on my left but I already have something from where that will end up until the one on my left hand already.

Gotcha, now it all makes sense.

You should come up on the Friday. My wife and I will be there all day, and maybe some of Saturday.

Holy hell, you're going for it! By the time I saw Scott Harrison would be in town, it was already too late... he's all booked up. I'm hoping to drop by on 12/12, but now I might have to swing by throughout the weekend too and see what's up.

I'm telling you... that vegan Thai buffet is legit. It's called Araya's Place. I'm not even close to being vegan or vegetarian, but I love that spot!

Holy hell, you're going for it! By the time I saw Scott Harrison would be in town, it was already too late... he's all booked up. I'm hoping to drop by on 12/12, but now I might have to swing by throughout the weekend too and see what's up.

I'm telling you... that vegan Thai buffet is legit. It's called Araya's Place. I'm not even close to being vegan or vegetarian, but I love that spot!

You should stop by on Friday. It would be great to see the work you got at the SF Convention. I am getting tattooed by Scott around 2pm, and then Matt next, and then hopefully Marco after that. Marco is tattooing my wife as well, but we are not sure on the time. After all of that I am not sure if we will have enough money to eat, but if we do we will be going to Araya's Place.

It is going to be a good time. Trevor said they are having a party on the 12th, but we can't make it till the weekend.

As a newly signed up member of this forum I have already mentioned this on the initiation thread but it looks like this is probably the correct thread.

I have six sessions booked up with Mo Coppoletta at The Family Store, the first will be next week, the last in early April, I will be getting a three quarter sleeve autumnal koi design on my left arm. I initially spoke to Mo months ago about what I am after and have an appointment tomorrow to discuss what I want.

I have decided to give him pretty much a free reign, to trust in his instinct and experience but these are my notes of my ideas to give him a starting point.

Two koi, swimming upwards. One predominantly black with flashes of gold, the other undecided, in a colour that will compliment the rest of the design. Suggest gold or yellow but will this work with colour of maple leaves?

Maple Leaves, changing colour, not too many, blowing in the wind

Chrysanthemum

A few rocks in the water

Rocks/water/wind bars etc grey work or black?

I went to see Mo yesterday to talk this design over, we are going with pretty much what I suggested but decided to drop the chrysanthemum and instead to incorporate a silhouette of a bare tree or branch into the design.

Work starts next Thursday, I can't wait.

I have the next session on my arm at the end of January...and I hope I can make it that next couple of months without getting tattooed because I'm really starting to get the itch again. I was thinking some Greg Irons flash could be super cool because I really dig that stuff. I shouldn't have posted this because you lot are a bad influence and are going to tell me to go for it.

To contextualize, I do believe that just last night we were chatting about how G has the itch, and as I am planning to get my next piece sooner than him, I suggested that maybe he could get something small at the same time if he really wanted. And he said no, he needs to be wise and save his cash, blah blah blah planning all this big work, blah blah blah being responsible, and then lo and behold what does he post on this thread the very next morning?

I married a weak man.