Upcoming Tattoos

CultExciter

I remember seeing a post on Instagram by Chad showing all his stuff in storage and how it wouldn't be that way for long, hinting he would be staying in one place for awhile soon. I don't know if I believe it, but that is the story.

2 years is crazy long to wait. I don't understand why you would even have your books open if you were that far booked. I don't think there is a person alive that I would wait 2 years to get tattooed by, unless maybe if Rollo and Erik Maaske came back from the dead. But no fault to him, nothing wrong with putting on good tattoos and being popular, just don't understand how it gets like that.

This thread got me thinking I should get a Gorilla tattoo, then I remember I already have one, hate when that happens.

i would never wait 2 years to get tattooed by someone. i honestly don't think it's worth it, but i'm not knocking anyone that does wait. i'm just super impatient. i hate the fact that i've had to wait since sept to get tattooed.

i did see that picture chad posted that you're referring to. if i'm not mistaken, didn't he mention getting an apartment and trying to settle in dc and feeling antsy in the interview he did with scott sylvia?

i would never wait 2 years to get tattooed by someone. i honestly don't think it's worth it, but i'm not knocking anyone that does wait. i'm just super impatient. i hate the fact that i've had to wait since sept to get tattooed.

i did see that picture chad posted that you're referring to. if i'm not mistaken, didn't he mention getting an apartment and trying to settle in dc and feeling antsy in the interview he did with scott sylvia?

Yeah I don't know if it will last or not, but who knows.

- - - Updated - - -

I had no idea the wait was going to be that long, I think I was told a year or so when I actually put my name down.

It doesn't really matter though, I've saved the spot and just kind of got on with getting other work. Every so often I wonder when I'll get the call, but I really don't see waiting as a problem. Sure, if it was the norm that would suck, but Xam and Valerie's work is a big part of why I made the jump from really liking tattoos to actually getting them so I'm willing to wait. All my others I've picked up from guest spots and cancellations.

I can relate, I think anyone who is serious about getting tattooed will eventually seek out the people's work in which they desire. I got put on Dan Gilsdorf's list here in Portland last year, but was able to just go down and get tattooed in bay area instead of waiting for my turn. I don't even think he is taking new people on in Portland right now,but I know the guy who told me to go get on the list is still waiting for his tattoo, or given up I'm not really sure.

I would really like to get either a rib panel or the whole back of my thighs ass to back of knee done in Japanese style. I really don't have any japanese tattoos but clearly am a fan, but I am pretty particular about how I want it to look and don't know anyone here in Portland who does that kind of stuff in the style I want. I have seen enough of Gilsdorf to know he could do it, but hence my previous paragraph and if I go to SF there are other guys who do it, so either way it probably will mean trips to SF and a wait, so we will see how I feel next year.

I would really like to get either a rib panel or the whole back of my thighs ass to back of knee done in Japanese style. I really don't have any japanese tattoos but clearly am a fan, but I am pretty particular about how I want it to look and don't know anyone here in Portland who does that kind of stuff in the style I want. I have seen enough of Gilsdorf to know he could do it, but hence my previous paragraph and if I go to SF there are other guys who do it, so either way it probably will mean trips to SF and a wait, so we will see how I feel next year.

Have you looked into Jason Kundell? That dude is insane.

Have you looked into Jason Kundell? That dude is insane.

Yeah i am friends with a few guys at his shop. I like his stuff, but not exactly what I am looking for. I have like five friends that have backpieces in progress and recently got to look at all his studies for his backpieces in progress. I would say he is a little too fancy for me, but no doubt dude is doing some unreal stuff.

Yeah i am friends with a few guys at his shop. I like his stuff, but not exactly what I am looking for. I have like five friends that have backpieces in progress and recently got to look at all his studies for his backpieces in progress. I would say he is a little too fancy for me, but no doubt dude is doing some unreal stuff.

How about Taki or Horitomo?

How about Taki or Horitomo?

That was my thought about if I had to travel to Bay Area to see about one of those guys and I have a few others in mind Kahill Rintye for one. I guess we will see. If Dan will tattoo me in Portland I just might have him do it, but if I have to travel then I will try to see who I can book

That was my thought about if I had to travel to Bay Area to see about one of those guys and I have a few others in mind Kahill Rintye for one. I guess we will see. If Dan will tattoo me in Portland I just might have him do it, but if I have to travel then I will try to see who I can book

If I had the chance to get some work done via hand method. You bet your ass I would be on that.

yeah, steve boltz isn't there on saturday, so it's between eli and bert. eli has an appt with the woman at 2:30, and one before her (i think that's what she was told), so i'm thinking it would wind up being bert if he has time. i really, really want to get it done, primarily because it's really the only spot left on my right arm that is empty. i just want to be able to start getting small filler and stars and dots next.

If I had the chance to get some work done via hand method. You bet your ass I would be on that.

Southwest flies direct to San Jose, Probably a four hour plane ride and you would be there. Getting there is the easy part regardless of where you are in the country. It's actually securing time and hoping that can work with my work schedule and my wife's.

I am not opposed to getting something small by hand, but don't think I would be down to get a whole rib panel done that way. I admire the tradition and the craftsmanship, but there is a reason most tattooing is done by machine.

Anyhow after I little more thought and realizing I can fly anywhere, I might toy with the idea of travel to Texas as my wife says she would want to visit Austin anyway, but ultimately it will be about which tattooer is most flexible and available at this point as I feel like anyone I will be seeking out is going to be equal as far as skill.

Horiken at State of Grace also tattoos via tebori. Taki does from time to time, but only small pieces (or so he's told me). If you really want some tebori, you should get some! It's a pretty awesome experience.

And @David Flores, I am a huge fan of Dan Gilsdorf's Japanese work.

Just booked an appointment with Jeff Rassier for next week...

I'm beyond excited.

I've always wanted something from Rassier. I just don't know what to get. I was just gonna ask him to do something weird, but that doesn't really help matters much.

- - - Updated - - -

...And another one the following day with Jason Mcafee (there was no way I was going to head to the Bay Area and not stop by Temple again).

Nice! He's the one tattooer I haven't gotten a serious piece from yet. Just filler. I felt bad asking him to do filler especially since I haven't gotten a serious piece from him yet. But he was the only one with free time on that particular day.

I want to get a chola lady head from him so bad.

I've always wanted something from Rassier. I just don't know what to get. I was just gonna ask him to do something weird, but that doesn't really help matters much.

- - - Updated - - -

I think I would have to get something weird from Rassier too, give him a few ideas and ask him to make some one of his totems.

Horiken at State of Grace also tattoos via tebori. Taki does from time to time, but only small pieces (or so he's told me). If you really want some tebori, you should get some! It's a pretty awesome experience.

And @David Flores, I am a huge fan of Dan Gilsdorf's Japanese work.

I would like to get a little armpit piece from Taki or Horiken via tebori.

So the three upcoming pieces I am thinking of getting: No idea of who is going to do them, but throwing it out there.

1 - a photorealistic dagger on my calf - Dagger is called a Skaen Dubh (skane dooh) or black dagger. It is part of traditional scottish highland dress.

I would get it w\ a sheath, partially pulled from the sheath. it would also incorporate my family Clan Badge on the sheath as well as a Thistle in the end of the handle an have some drapery using my Clans colors (the colors may not be palatable as they are yellow and green, so would need to discuss that with the artist)..

Could also go w\ this idea w\ a litte bit of newer school.

2 - a Koi transforming into a dragon as he crests the waterfall over my left bicep - shoulderblade. Probably really try to go to someone really good for this one. probaby thinking of taking my time with this one and going to State of Grace in San Jose. Alot of planning will need to go into this one.

3 - some peace roses (pink & peach) over my heart, with my kids footprints at birth for wings.

Again no idea where I would go for this one at the moment.

4 - I have a cartoon bulldog on my ankle - Spike - and he needs to be cleaned up and I would like to add Chester to it.

(if you are aware of the cartoon - "this is my buddy spike - hes so big and strong" from loony toons).

I would probably go to a new school artist for this one but it will be pretty simple and small.

I have contacted Johannes about possibly doing 1 or 3 (i actually sent him all of them, but am thinking he would do well with 1 or 3).

If I get them all in the next two years, I think that is a bit aggressive (also the first time I go, I need to schedule an appt for my wife also as she wants to get some work done too).

I just figured out that Mike Adams and Josh Stephens are working at the Strasbourg Convention in May. I hope they got some spaces left.

I'm hoping to get tattooed by Mike at the Philly convention next month. He's only doing walk-up stuff here, no appointments. Richard Smith is going to do some sort of mystical-themed reaper on the side of my thigh at the convention, also...super stoked for that.

No tattoos for me until april, but my older sister is getting a big tattoo for her birthday. Her birthday is next month, but she will get it done I think this Sunday, or if not then the sometime during the following week. Day of the dead girl with roses in her hair, on her upper arm.

Lol I said i'd chip in 120 bucks to her tattoo for her birthday, so she is treating me to a tattoo for my 20th birthday in april.

Deciding what I want, not a big tattoo this time, I'm just trying to find the right imagery for what I like.