Upcoming Tattoos

CultExciter

Is this the right thread for work in progress?

I am in the process of getting a koi with maple leaves three quarter sleeve which is being done by Mo Coppoletta from The Family Business, so far I have had two three hour sessions, pretty much all the outline has now been finished.

Apologies for the poor quality of the pictures, they were taken with a phone, one handed over my shoulder ...

IMG_0681.jpg

IMG_0685.jpg

IMG_0675.jpg

Wow this is my first post in ages !! Struggling with ipad lol and have an Instagram obsession. I have budgeted for 2 decent sized tattoos this year probably done at custom inc , unless I can get something at the Scottish convention. Definite more work by Marcus Maguire (got a robo owl recently which I love )

I am in the process of getting a koi with maple leaves three quarter sleeve which is being done by Mo Coppoletta from The Family Business, so far I have had two three hour sessions, pretty much all the outline has now been finished.

Looks good. What are you covering?

I have an appointment on Feb 4th, I am not going to say who because he is not that well known, but from the tattoos I've seen him do and the people he has tattooed around and who have tattooed him, I think I might have found my guy for Japanese. I am just having him start on the back of my leg and leaving my rib for what I talked about earlier in the thread. Still not decided which route to go, but did go back and revisited Jason Kundell's stuff yesterday at his shop, those guys are always very hospitable when I stop in. Like I said I like his stuff for sure, but he does everything so big I feel like the space I would have to give him to do a dragon would be the size he normally does one claw in. He seems to love to go big and the finished product certainly has quite the impact. Needless to say I got a feel for how long he is booked out, so I am going to meet with Dan when he comes into town later this month and see what his situation is and go from there.

Southwest flies direct to San Jose, Probably a four hour plane ride and you would be there. Getting there is the easy part regardless of where you are in the country. It's actually securing time and hoping that can work with my work schedule and my wife's.

I am not opposed to getting something small by hand, but don't think I would be down to get a whole rib panel done that way. I admire the tradition and the craftsmanship, but there is a reason most tattooing is done by machine.

Anyhow after I little more thought and realizing I can fly anywhere, I might toy with the idea of travel to Texas as my wife says she would want to visit Austin anyway, but ultimately it will be about which tattooer is most flexible and available at this point as I feel like anyone I will be seeking out is going to be equal as far as skill.

I really like my Japanese mixed with a little Western flavour. Are you looking for ultra traditional Japanese or are you open to some American influence in it? If you go to Austin you have a lot of great choices. Trevino, Brooks Seibert, Chastain, Hundahl, and Steve Byrne. I know that people don't usually think of Steve for Japanese, but I really like his Japanese style work. If short flights are in your future you should also consider Mike Roper. I recently saw a backpiece of his (in person) and it was impressive to say the least.

I really like my Japanese mixed with a little Western flavour. Are you looking for ultra traditional Japanese or are you open to some American influence in it? If you go to Austin you have a lot of great choices. Trevino, Brooks Seibert, Chastain, Hundahl, and Steve Byrne. I know that people don't usually think of Steve for Japanese, but I really like his Japanese style work. If short flights are in your future you should also consider Mike Roper. I recently saw a backpiece of his (in person) and it was impressive to say the least.

Yeah for now I am just weighing my options, but yeah I definitely want some western influence. Steve Byrne japanese tattoo sounds amazing. I will have to check out Roper stuff, I know Joel, (Jason's Apprentice) just got tattooed by him.

Yeah for now I am just weighing my options, but yeah I definitely want some western influence. Steve Byrne japanese tattoo sounds amazing. I will have to check out Roper stuff, I know Joel, (Jason's Apprentice) just got tattooed by him.

I thought that the first rule of Roper is that you don't talk about Roper.

So...I e-mailed Saved NYC to get some more info on Hooper's wait list or what it takes to set something up with him. It's been about a week...anyone have experience with trying to set something up with Hooper?

I would call Rock of Ages in Austin. Word is that he is moving down there this year, and even if he isn't he has been making trips down there on a pretty consistent basis. Dreyfus the shop guy at ROA is very helpful. I called down a couple of weeks ago to book an appointment with Steve Byrne. I am taking a short trip to Austin so I didn't have a lot of time available to get tattooed, but he was very helpful and got me in.

I would call Rock of Ages in Austin. Word is that he is moving down there this year, and even if he isn't he has been making trips down there on a pretty consistent basis. Dreyfus the shop guy at ROA is very helpful. I called down a couple of weeks ago to book an appointment with Steve Byrne. I am taking a short trip to Austin so I didn't have a lot of time available to get tattooed, but he was very helpful and got me in.

I'll have to try that and see what they say. Thanks.

It's still in his biography:

Tattoo appointment information -
 I am currently not booking new clients for tattoo work. I am very grateful for the people who want to get tattooed by myself and are willing to wait, without YOU / the client, my work would be nothing more than a dream. There are only so many hours in each day and I am unfortunately unable to accommodate each inquiry and request. If you would like to get tattooed by me in the future then please call Saved and they will give you any relevant information.

I try my best to answer all emails, but it is difficult sometimes to get back to everyone. If I don’t return your email please don’t hesitate to resend, they got lost quite easily, my current response time for emails is about 6-8 weeks as I handle all of this personally and it takes a long time to work my way through them between drawing and tattooing.

- Biography « Hoopers Electric – Meditations in Atrament

Hooper is moving to Austin and will be at rock of ages. That is why he is not taking new clients, probably. Don't know when he will be here full time but it has been around since November that he is moving to Austin. Talk to dryfess. Oh, and hooper will be co owner of rock of ages with Steve Byrne and tony Hundahl. He has signed on a house too!

Lets hope my wife and I can get all our Thomas work done before he moves. Otherwise Iill need to go to austin and grab more tattoos from the R.O.A. people as well (maybe thats a good thing). Glad the word is out. He also wants to make it easier for new people to get tattooed in the future.