Upcoming Tattoos

CultExciter

Hooper is moving to Austin and will be at rock of ages. That is why he is not taking new clients, probably. Don't know when he will be here full time but it has been around since November that he is moving to Austin. Talk to dryfess. Oh, and hooper will be co owner of rock of ages with Steve Byrne and tony Hundahl. He has signed on a house too!

This just put a big smile on my face. Thanks for brightening my day.

I want something from Steve and tony....but low on space but I hope it happens

Yeah, if he comes back to Cult Classic in the UK next year too I would try and get over. Amazing work going up on IG every day.

Booked to head down to AllStar Tattoo in Limerick next month, to catch some visitors while they're there guesting. I don't want to jinx myself by saying anymore at this point, because fate seems to keep conspiring against me every time I try to get down there.

Hooper is moving to Austin and will be at rock of ages. That is why he is not taking new clients, probably. Don't know when he will be here full time but it has been around since November that he is moving to Austin. Talk to dryfess. Oh, and hooper will be co owner of rock of ages with Steve Byrne and tony Hundahl. He has signed on a house too!

I just moved to the NYC area and he moves... Sad!

Time to save up for a trip to Texas I suppose!

Anyone else find it kind of weird the way we discuss tattoo artists' lives on here? Like, they'll mention something in passing, or comment on an IG post, then all of a sudden it's a topic of conversation (it came up with Chad Koeplinger earlier, and I feel happens a fair bit around here). I guess it's just kind of being 'out there', but I still find it a little bit weird the way tattoo artists have fans.

Anyone else find it kind of weird the way we discuss tattoo artists' lives on here? Like they'll mention something in passing, or comment on an IG post, then all of a sudden it's a topic of conversation (it came up with Chad Koeplinger earlier, and I feel happens a fair bit around here). I guess it's just kind of being 'out there', but I still find it a little bit weird the way tattoo artists have fans.

I agree that it's worthwhile being mindful of the fine line between discussing a tattooer's work and a tattooer's life in this public of a forum.

Anyone else find it kind of weird the way we discuss tattoo artists' lives on here? Like, they'll mention something in passing, or comment on an IG post, then all of a sudden it's a topic of conversation (it came up with Chad Koeplinger earlier, and I feel happens a fair bit around here). I guess it's just kind of being 'out there', but I still find it a little bit weird the way tattoo artists have fans.

I missed whatever was discussed about Chad Koeplinger, but I don't think that it is out of bounds to talk about where an artist may or may not be relocating to. I don't get to spend as much time on here as I did in the past so maybe I have missed it, but I don't remember ever reading anything gossipy or all that personal about a tattooer on this forum.

This is probably should be on a different post. I am to blame. I am sorry for that. I will not speak about anyone anymore, without permission from the person I am talking about. It really was none of my business to put Hooper's info out like that. I am sorry again!

Oh dear, I seem to have a habit of dragging things off topic round here...

I don't think there's been any wrong doing, I just find talking about people's lives kind of weird - but in this context I certainly get why there's an interest and that the things people are taking about are broadly speaking already in the public domain.

Anyway, back to what everyone's planning...

It was not at all my intention to call anyone out; we are all (ok mostly) fairly thoughtful adults here, and neither I nor anyone else can be the great arbiter of what info is appropriate to share or not. We all have to make these calls ourselves, as my point was that it can indeed be a fine line. And it can also be easy to forget just how public this board is, because one of its great strengths is that it feels fairly intimate and like we're talking amongst friends.

So no wrist slaps intended. Now back to business, which for me includes hoping that this yucky cold is gone by the time I sit down for the next session on my back in less than two weeks!

I missed whatever was discussed about Chad Koeplinger, but I don't think that it is out of bounds to talk about where an artist may or may not be relocating to. I don't get to spend as much time on here as I did in the past so maybe I have missed it, but I don't remember ever reading anything gossipy or all that personal about a tattooer on this forum.

this. no one said any kind of gossip or anything. in regard to both chad koeplinger and thomas hooper, both discussion where about where they were relocating to because people were talking about wanting to get tattooed, so i think this is out of hand or weird.

this. no one said any kind of gossip or anything. in regard to both chad koeplinger and thomas hooper, both discussion where about where they were relocating to because people were talking about wanting to get tattooed, so i think this is out of hand or weird.

I am not sure what you are talking about. You do think it's weird or you don't think it's weird?

I didn't mean to set them so close together, but I have an appointment with Seth Wood on Friday in Austin, then another (possibly final) session with Kore Flatmo on my back on February 7th and 8th, and then an appointment with Marie Sena at the West Texas Convention towards the end of February. Pretty excited about it all...

I didn't mean to set them so close together, but I have an appointment with Seth Wood on Friday in Austin, then another (possibly final) session with Kore Flatmo on my back on February 7th and 8th, and then an appointment with Marie Sena at the West Texas Convention towards the end of February. Pretty excited about it all...

All awesome! What are you getting from Seth? His tattoos are always awesome but I feel that he's been especially killing it lately with the giant tattoos he's been doing.

I'm getting an elephant head on my thigh. We're going to iron out the rest when I get there Friday afternoon. My mom has collected elephants forever and I've wanted to do an elephant of some sort and Seth's elephants are all amazing. So when I saw his announcement on Instagram about the convention, I jumped on it. I'll post pics when I get back from Austin. Come to think of it, I need to post some progress pics of Kore's work on my back.