Upcoming Tattoos

CultExciter

Man. Cody, just tell Nick the type of thing that floats yer boat, and show him how much room he has to work with-he'll go off on that. They have a ton of Sailor Jerry and Sailor Jerry type flash, but you might ax him to show you some of Ralph Johnstone's stuff-old school rules!

but you might ax him to show you some of Ralph Johnstone's stuff-old school rules!

Ralph Johnstone is a new name to me (but I'm new to this stuff). I'll check it out. That's all I am looking for is old school shit. I love it, it's just classic. That brings me to a question I have for this forum, when is too many?? For example... I could get an eagle tattoo 800 times and be happy with it every time. When is too much? I have one arm full of ideas that I've had since I was a kid, but now that i've used them all I look at traditional flash, which share a lot of the same imagery, so at what point do you say "I can't get another eagle, or rose, or anchor or etc. etc. etc...???

Ralph Johnstone is a new name to me (but I'm new to this stuff). I'll check it out. That's all I am looking for is old school shit. I love it, it's just classic. That brings me to a question I have for this forum, when is too many?? For example... I could get an eagle tattoo 800 times and be happy with it every time. When is too much? I have one arm full of ideas that I've had since I was a kid, but now that i've used them all I look at traditional flash, which share a lot of the same imagery, so at what point do you say "I can't get another eagle, or rose, or anchor or etc. etc. etc...???

Beats me, I haven't hit that point yet!

Ralph Johnstone was one of the old South State Street tattooers and sign painters. He worked with Tatts Thomas a good bit, and I believe Nick has some of his old stuff there. I know he has a lot of Tatt's work, and other old-time stuff. Man, he's hog for that action, and he'll set you up righteous.

My appointment is booked for March 15th. The first of two maybe 3 sessions. Getting top half of my arm and chest done. A kappa on the arm, a foo dog on the chest with some peony flowers thru out. I got the rough draft a week or so ago. Looked awesome, waiting for a few minor changes to see final design. So happy with what the artist has shown me. I really like what the artist did with my ideas. I am a horrible artist and enjoy sharing my ideas and seeing what happens. I look forward to posting pics sometime in look April. Gunning for the free shirt in April.

This is a first for me, I'm taking two friends to get their first tattoos today! I'm pretty excited, it's been 8 years since my first tattoo and while I always look forward to my next one, it's not the same as that first experience, so it will be cool to be present for someone else's. I am also hoping to get something myself, time permitting.

I'm thinking about getting something from Martin Lacasse, not sure what though. He does a lot of Japanese stuff, which I might be open to (maybe some tiger and/or snake type deal?), but it seems like he works in other style a fair amount, too. Also, he doesn't seem to have a ton of stuff online, which is making my research difficult. I even went and interacted with humans and looked at his physical portfolio, but it was mostly stuff I'd already seen.

@Graeme, like how much crazy you're trying to put into that thing? Cause I'm gonna say, "Gimme an amulet." That shit's gonna be crazy.

I want something Lovecraftian, not necessarily tenticular, but maybe more in a Clark Ashton Smith or even Thomas Ligotti direction...you know dark energies and shit. I figure that might be enough suggestion right there to get something fucking wild.

For all you Japanese folklore afficianados out there...I am starting work on my torso next week Thursday. We are going with a "Joroguma" theme. First person to tell me what that is wins a virtual hug ;)

- - - Updated - - -

I am jealous. I've been dying to set something up with Dan Trocchio...I just need to figure a few things out first.

Ditto. He does incredible work. When I got tattooed by Kore, he was talking about Trocchio being one of the coolest tattooers he knows. If Flatmo says it...it must be true.

For all you Japanese folklore afficianados out there...I am starting work on my torso next week Thursday. We are going with a "Joroguma" theme. First person to tell me what that is wins a virtual hug ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Ditto. He does incredible work. When I got tattooed by Kore, he was talking about Trocchio being one of the coolest tattooers he knows. If Flatmo says it...it must be true.

A spider that lures men to her by taking the shape of a seductive woman.

A spider that lures men to her by taking the shape of a seductive woman.

Haha...evidentally it wasn't that difficult. I have not been able to find any old folktales or storys about Joroguma. I just love the image and idea. I think it is going to make a really sweet pice. We are trying to get a large hairy ass spider on the stomach and show it turning into a woman on the chest. I kind of want to woman to be representative of a more ghostly yokai look.