Upcoming Tattoos

CultExciter

Im working on a sleeve that incorporates a stylized vine of hops with traditional tattoo images. My first few sessions completed a section of hops with 2 swallows and a clipper ship below. My next plan is to go into the inside of my arm with more hops and a traditional dagger.

I want to get on my artists books in June after my beach vacation.

I am in with Valerie Vargas at the end of May, then I am booked in with Phil Wilkinson middle of June, then I am getting tattooed by 3 artists in 3 days at the London tattoo convention in September, Jess Yen, Jee Sayalero and Chriss Dettmer. I am also starting my back (Neck to knees) at some point in the next few weeks....I may post in the back piece thread about that when we get going!

Im always impressed at the amount of tattoos people on this forum get. I get more tattoos than any of my close friends here in town, but this forum always puts me to shame. That being said I got a small spider above my kneecap yesterday. I was looking through the partially finished sheets in the back and spotted a spider I had never seen. It didn't quite fit so he had to redraw a couple of the legs on me, but turned out pretty cool. Ross Ferrie brought me into the tattoo world and it was nice to sit down and get a tattoo from him, like we used to do. Also right after he finished a friend of his from when he first started tattooing came in and got to relive some stories of Chris Conn, Robert Klem and Mav Mess's early days of tattooing.

be73dc6b-4b80-472a-85a3-ac1685de739d.jpg

Very cool! And I agree. I only have 4 tattoos, but 4 tattoos in one year... this forum is inspiring and feeding my tattoo habit. I love seeing what other people get tattooed on themselves, and I feel like they put me to shame... Haha then I realize that being heavily tattooed is a process, and I might not even want to be heavily tattooed! If anything, it's nice to have a positive place to look and learn.

As for your new tattoo and the accompanying experience, I just think that is pretty damn cool. Props @David Flores

I am in with Valerie Vargas at the end of May, then I am booked in with Phil Wilkinson middle of June, then I am getting tattooed by 3 artists in 3 days at the London tattoo convention in September, Jess Yen, Jee Sayalero and Chriss Dettmer. I am also starting my back (Neck to knees) at some point in the next few weeks....I may post in the back piece thread about that when we get going!

Dude... you rock. What are you getting from Valerie?

Dude... you rock. What are you getting from Valerie?

Haha cheers :) I don't rock just yet...if I can make it through everything I will be pleased with myself though!

Valerie says she is trying to get away from what she is most well known for (sad girl heads), and do some very traditional work, she had a load of stuff in a big flash book she had drawn up, so I picked out a traditional dragons head, going on the lower calf, should be sweet!

I'm back in with Alec Benjamin at red hot n blue this Wednesday. We are doing a traditional style butterfly/moth in my left ditch. Then my last appointment with him before he leaves I think we are doing a dear John letter filler and perhaps a sailor jerry style heart with mum on it. We shall see !

Like a boss, can't wait to see this.

I am a little bummed, I am missing Atlas Tattoo's 15th aniversary party today, they are doing legit tattoos for $15 for 15 hours as a customer appreciation thing (they have no problem staying busy). I hope to at least be able to stop by later, but have a lot to do at home and the little guy has swim class tonight, so got to take care of business.

Maria Sena is coming to NY in June. Was super close to emailing her and calling the shop, but decided it would be best to save every penny for my appt with Rose Hardy in July since my tattoos always seem to grow in size and price the day of. I'm real bummed ill miss getting something from Ms. Sena, so some one on here better get something from her while she's in NY!!! You know who you are ^_^

Anyway, I absolutely cannot wait for my appointments in July!! Ive been waiting for over 6 months to get tattooed and i know it will be worth it!